Genuine question (1 Viewer)

Hincha

Has Pressley made a decent signing since being here? Really struggling to think of one, even previous inept managers who signed tons of sh*t managed to sign a couple of decent players.

Gazolba

i think reda johnson has to go down as a good signing that said he has missed half the season due to injury and suspension

He also has the potential problem of international commitments.

Hincha

i think reda johnson has to go down as a good signing that said he has missed half the season due to injury and suspension

I do think Reda is a good player at this level. However the jury is still out on whether he is a good signing as i do not regard any player who spends half the season out as a good signing, which he may well do. Time will tell.

Seaside-Skyblue

I think Jackson will be good. Its just we are not facilitating him in the system. He keeps having to come and collect the ball when really we want to be playing through balls for him to run onto. I don't think we are seeing the potential of these players now as the system is terrible.

shy_tall_knight

No some good short term signings mcguire, pertraso and nouble. His record is awful last season's sucess in the first few months was built on Robbins players although he did give callum his chance.

Hincha

I think Jackson will be good. Its just we are not facilitating him in the system. He keeps having to come and collect the ball when really we want to be playing through balls for him to run onto. I don't think we are seeing the potential of these players now as the system is terrible.

Again you could argue that if the player isn't good in the system Pressley is persisting with, are they a good signing? I believe Jackson and O'Brien are good players, but they don't fit into the 5-3-2 style, therefore making them mediocre signings.

Seaside-Skyblue

Again you could argue that if the player isn't good in the system Pressley is persisting with, are they a good signing? I believe Jackson and O'Brien are good players, but they don't fit into the 5-3-2 style, therefore making them mediocre signings.
Yeah that's a fair point. I see what you mean by distinguishing between a good signing to a good player.

Hincha

Didn't he sign most of them before changing the system and "philosophy"?

If that is the case then he really is as incompetent as his predecessors. I would love to know what caused this switch in system and what occurred to make Pressley so stubborn against changing it, despite such a bad run and the clarity that we do not have the right players to successfully play the system.

wingy

If that is the case then he really is as incompetent as his predecessors. I would love to know what caused this switch in system and what occurred to make Pressley so stubborn against changing it, despite such a bad run and the clarity that we do not have the right players to successfully play the system.[/QUOTE

He read It somewhere ??

Maybe??

Hincha

Didn't he sign most of them before changing the system and "philosophy"?

We played 4-4-2 against Nuneaton and on the pre-season tour in Italy, 5-3-2 was first used during our 1-0 defeat to Newport County. By this point we had already confirmed the signing of 8 players (Swanson, O'Brien, Allsopp, Coulibaly, Johnson, Pugh, Miller and Tudguy).

So we'd signed 3 wingers and a left back who does not fit the role of wingback. Backs the argument that the change in system was fast and he originally planned to play 4-4-2.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread