Genuine Question-SISU (1 Viewer)

TTG

Anyone else think a PL2 might become a factor? Not looked into it recently but I know it's been rumbling on in the background. Could see this recent pandemic focusing a few minds and strengthening the desire from the bigger teams to push it through. It's really crucial we try stay in the Champ for the foreseeable, would hate to miss the cut
PL2 already exists

Mucca Mad Boys

It was a Sisu appointed manager who took us very close to relegation that first season. They had the chance when they arrived to turn the fortunes of the club around. Through their own incompetence they failed to do this. My reply was to a poster who put forward the idea that Sisu are perhaps our most successful owners ever. I think the opposite is true.
The question about who Sisu are serving, the club or their investers has been the same throughout their reign, their investers obviously come first, often at the expense of the club.

I'm not going to go into semantics, but you've missed the point. If you believe we would've been 10 points better off that year without Coleman (and signings like Dann and Fox), with a transfer embargo too. Power to you. Without the takeover in the 2007/08 season, the likelihood is that we would've been relegated.

At least we can agree that SISU are not our most successful owners in our history.

pipkin73

It was a Sisu appointed manager who took us very close to relegation that first season. They had the chance when they arrived to turn the fortunes of the club around. Through their own incompetence they failed to do this. My reply was to a poster who put forward the idea that Sisu are perhaps our most successful owners ever. I think the opposite is true.
The question about who Sisu are serving, the club or their investers has been the same throughout their reign, their investers obviously come first, often at the expense of the club.
It's a double edged sword, yes they want a profit for both themselves and investors but the only way to achieve that is by success on the pitch and the only way they will get that is with investment, even if it's only allowing the club to keep the money it generates and covering any losses.

Irish Sky Blue

I'm not going to go into semantics, but you've missed the point. If you believe we would've been 10 points better off that year without Coleman (and signings like Dann and Fox), with a transfer embargo too. Power to you. Without the takeover in the 2007/08 season, the likelihood is that we would've been relegated.

At least we can agree that SISU are not our most successful owners in our history.
Because we were on a downward spiral when they took over, it was inevitable that this would continue? When you think of the people they employed or who they involved with the club, Ransom, Deliu, Igwi, the text a sub guy and finally Fisher is it any wonder that the governance of the club was chaotic? Should we not have expected better than this?

Mucca Mad Boys

Because we were on a downward spiral when they took over, it was inevitable that this would continue? When you think of the people they employed or who they involved with the club, Ransom, Deliu, Igwi, the text a sub guy and finally Fisher is it any wonder that the governance of the club was chaotic? Should we not have expected better than this?

I agree with you, some of those decisions were shambolic and that it wasn’t necessary inevitable we going to relegated. After all, we were relegated 4 years after they took over.

I’m not going to indulge in an alternate timeline, but my point remains clear: before SISU, it was a shit show and we would’ve almost certainly got relegated had they not come along in the first place. At the very least, SISU temporarily stopped the rot - injected a bit of cash, made some rubbish decisions and so on. As @chiefdave put it, the future of the club was at risk had they not come in.

Surely everyone on this board can agree on my final point: the conditions in which SISU could even take over the club was caused by chronic mismanagement of our club.

Brighton Sky Blue

I agree with you, some of those decisions were shambolic and that it wasn’t necessary inevitable we going to relegated. After all, we were relegated 4 years after they took over.

I’m not going to indulge in an alternate timeline, but my point remains clear: before SISU, it was a shit show and we would’ve almost certainly got relegated had they not come along in the first place. At the very least, SISU temporarily stopped the rot - injected a bit of cash, made some rubbish decisions and so on. As @chiefdave put it, the future of the club was at risk had they not come in.

Surely everyone on this board can agree on my final point: the conditions in which SISU could even take over the club was caused by chronic mismanagement of our club.

You can look at Southampton at that time to see how it would have likely unfolded without SISU’s arrival. Think I see your point though, Chris Coleman wasting the investment doesn’t override that investment happened and gave us a shot. But post Coleman it was a horror show and in L1 it went off the rails.

Saints were on the edge of going bust and had a billionaire white knight. We may or may not have had the same

Jcap

There would have been no club without SISU as I understand it - it was SISU or bust, literally.

Grendel

Some pretty optimistic views here on Sisu

All they really ever were was a credit note for ranson who convinced them that he could make a return by buying a distressed product

He was incapable and they were wrong. Their money was never enough to even remotely succeed and they have never had a clue how to run the club

there’s no actual investment emotionally either. The notion Sepalla has now become attached is laughable

Poor strategy, poor investment and crazy appointments and senior levels and a company now with zero assets similar debt levels and no hope in reality of competing at the same level they started off in.

It’s hardly business woman of the year stuff

Sky Blue Pete

Some pretty optimistic views here on Sisu

All they really ever were was a credit note for ranson who convinced them that he could make a return by buying a distressed product

He was incapable and they were wrong. Their money was never enough to even remotely succeed and they have never had a clue how to run the club

there’s no actual investment emotionally either. The notion Sepalla has now become attached is laughable

Poor strategy, poor investment and crazy appointments and senior levels and a company now with zero assets similar debt levels and no hope in reality of competing at the same level they started off in.

It’s hardly business woman of the year stuff
I’ll go along with all of what you’ve said for the purpose of having a discussion. To what end are sisu/Ms Seppalla covering the losses made year on year?

Users who are viewing this thread