General Election (6 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

What's happened in Scotland is nothing short of remarkable, the North East is almost entirely blue. Sturgeon holds another independence referendum at her peril.

Astute

This has been very interesting so far. About the best we could have hoped for. Will shut some of those cocky MP's up.

The best for me so far is the UKIP vote is well down. Hopefully they will slide into obscurity. Nick Clegg, the Tory in disguise has gone. Bye bye Salmond. That Sturgeon woman will now hopefully stop aiming for what she wants and go for what the Scottish people want.

May should go. Can't see how she can stay. This could be fun. Boris for MP? Stranger things have happened. At least politics would become fun. A loveable idiot.

Astute

Amber Rudd just holds on. Wouldn't surprise me if she went for PM.

Astute

It needs to be a brexit candidate
Which is why in the previous post I mentioned Boris. He has wanted to lead thw Tories for years. And he has his backers in the party. But Brexit supporter or not when May goes there will be a few wanting to lead their party.

Kingokings204

Which is why in the previous post I mentioned Boris. He has wanted to lead thw Tories for years. And he has his backers in the party. But Brexit supporter or not when May goes there will be a few wanting to lead their party.

Very true. But the conservatives have ran a campaign similar to the remain campaign. Full of negativity and doom. Leave and labour have something is common. It's voters. As soon as Corbyn said we will leave the EU due to respecting the referendum result he then could be positive and has ran a very good campaign full of hope and promise.

Sick Boy

Agreed, it's like Labour putting Abbott up.

Has your opinion on Corbyn altered at all this evening SB?

Yes absolutely! Over the last few weeks he has been very impressive and has really engaged people. There are a fair few I know who don't usually vote but had done this time due to Corbyn engaging with them. A lot of Labour voters (myself included) should be eating some humble pie.

Fair play to him.

Astute

Johnson should be Labour's prefered candidate.
Corbyn was the Tory choice for Labour. But Boris? The public like the bloke. Instead of getting bullshit and then not what they say with Boris you get bullshit and then something to laugh at.

Astute

Yes absolutely! Over the last few weeks he has been very impressive and has really engaged people. There are a fair few I know who don't usually vote but had done this time due to Corbyn engaging with them. A lot of Labour voters (myself included) should be eating some humble pie.

Fair play to him.
How many votes were lost by the Tories for such a negative election? We hardly saw May. That was very poor for a PM.

Sick Boy

Corbyn was the Tory choice for Labour. But Boris? The public like the bloke. Instead of getting bullshit and then not what they say with Boris you get bullshit and then something to laugh at.

A large proportion of the public despise him

dutchman

Corbyn was the Tory choice for Labour.

That worked out well didn't it?
bigyellowgrin.gif

Astute

That worked out well didn't it?
bigyellowgrin.gif
Exactly. But the Tories have lost it just as much as Labour won it. It has been a joke of an election.

What I would love to see is Starmer in charge of Labour. He would gain a lot of votes. Easily the strongest MP Labour has. No doubts with his past and a very strong background. The Tories don't have anyone of his calibre.

Sick Boy

He should definitely be leading Brexit negotiations but you're taking away from what JC has achieved. I long had doubts myself but fair play to him.

Liquid Gold

Corbyn will now have the party behind him. With Labour's strong MPs moving to the fore they will do even better in the autumn election.

Alistair Campbell and Paul Mason agreeing on the BBC is incredible.

clint van damme

I still fear the country is in for hard times which ever path brexit takes, I hope I'm wrong. Hopefully this hung parliament may lead to a softer brexit to cushion the blow but reading several economist views of what will happen is a bit worrying.
There was as article in the Times recently which painted a very bleak picture of the post hard brexit future, and when the Times doesn't tow the tory party line it's very worrying.

Astute

He should definitely be leading Brexit negotiations but you're taking away from what JC has achieved. I long had doubts myself but fair play to him.
But if Labour would have had Starmer they could have won this election. I see him as the next leader of the Labour party. No opposition was put up by May. Someone strong in all areas like Starmer would have done better than Corbyn.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Labour have done well, but this is on the Conservatives.

If they'd even had an average campaign they would have scraped a majority. Before people get too carried away I think it needs to be realised that this was the Tories who fucked this up rather than Labour perfroming miracles.

Not taking anything away from Labour though. May however, needs to be fucked off!

clint van damme

Labour have done well, but this is on the Conservatives.

If they'd even had an average campaign they would have scraped a majority. Before people get too carried away I think it needs to be realised that this was the Tories who fucked this up rather than Labour perfroming miracles.

Not taking anything away from Labour though. May however, needs to be fucked off!

don't agree entirely, Labour used social media to mobilise the youth/student vote, good campaigning.
obviously they were aided by a weak manifesto and poor leadership from May.

Covstu

What's happened in Scotland is nothing short of remarkable, the North East is almost entirely blue. Sturgeon holds another independence referendum at her peril.
Agree they had one crack at that rhetoric now they just want stability which Mary doll cannot deliver

Covstu

don't agree entirely, Labour used social media to mobilise the youth/student vote, good campaigning.
I think they kept it simple, the offer was simple and was delivered in that fashion. Tories threw mud which backfired

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Yeah, I'm not taking anything away from them at all.

I'm just saying if the Conservatives had an organised and strong campaign, Corbyn wouldn't have had a chance. It was a one horse race and they fucked it up, for that they only have themselves to blame.

Users who are viewing this thread