General Election (5 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

Make your mind up. You said increase corporation tax. Companies will look at moving to somewhere with lower tax. Thus job losses.
Lowest tax in the G8 still though and I doubt they'd move because of the objections highlighted above. I don't need to make my mind up, this manifesto has them both in.

Astute

Lowest tax in the G8 still though and I doubt they'd move because of the objections highlighted above. I don't need to make my mind up, this manifesto has them both in.
Sometimes it is good to look into something than blindly follow what you always do.

What objections above?

So if we raise corporation tax there is no chance of companies moving to where it is cheaper and the same investments would still be made here?

ccfchoi87

Sometimes it is good to look into something than blindly follow what you always do.

What objections above?

So if we raise corporation tax there is no chance of companies moving to where it is cheaper and the same investments would still be made here?

There is a high chance especially if the minimum wage goes up and 0 hour contracts are abolished. With the worries over brexit there are plenty of reasons to look elsehwere

Liquid Gold

What objections above?

If you read what I said before blindly going in to something you'll see I said "That's a fair point and I'm sure some companies will, or at least consider it." when talking about companies leaving.

A fair level of corporation tax hasn't hurt other developed nations. Why do we think we're a special case and by raising it slightly will cause a mass exodus. During the development of the docklands in East London corporation tax was much higher than it is now and it didn't stop multinationals opening HQs there.

clint van damme

I use the term snowflake because it is extremely applicable.

Labour are plastered everywhere for me. I haven't seen one person telling me to vote Conservative, but half the internet wants me to vote Labour.

I was in Hampshire 2 weeks ago, I 've never seen as many posters for a political party, (conservative in this case), anywhere.

And to be fair to you, you are a bit of an authority on melt downs.

Joy Division

When the tories win the left wing scum will be back out protesting in our citiies on Friday smashing windows assaulting police anyway
Just the way they like to do things they don't really want power they wouldn't know what to do !!

I guess you are happy with the recent terrorist attacks in the last few weeks. Shameful.

Liquid Gold

There is a high chance especially if the minimum wage goes up and 0 hour contracts are abolished. With the worries over brexit there are plenty of reasons to look elsehwere

Fair point. If Labour do get in there will be massive arguments if companies leave about whether it's due to brexit or tax.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I was in Hampshire 2 weeks ago, I 've never seen as many posters for a political party, (conservative in this case), anywhere.

And to be fair to you, you are a bit of an authority on melt downs.

I've not been to Hampshire in years so cannot comment.

Me on meltdowns, like what?

All I've done here is provoked some healthy debate and people have got a little defensive.

clint van damme

All I've done here is provoked some healthy debate and people have got a little defensive.

come on, you've had a couple of melt downs! I can't be arsed to trawl through your posts to find one but I'll keep an eye out in future.

Fair play though, don't think I've ever seen anything from you that could be considered a flounce :emoji_grin:

Covstu

How realistic is the £10 min wage argument? The greens have agreed to this but over a 4 year period (which is probably about where it will be anyway) but it would be some hike from £7.50 in one go for smaller businesses or companies which employ large volumes of people i.e. warehousing etc. This then has the usual knock on effect of increases for supervisors then managers etc etc

Personally I can see a U turn on this one with this being phased over a prolonged period of time.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

come on, you've had a couple of melt downs! I can't be arsed to trawl through your posts to find one but I'll keep an eye out in future.

Fair play though, don't think I've ever seen anything from you that could be considered a flounce :emoji_grin:

As you know, Murphy frustrated the hell out of me, as did Mowbray in the end so maybe it came from that. I'm a passionate guy and I'm not afraid to say what I think, but I certainly try my best to be respectful and don't deliberately try to upset anyone.

You certainly won't see me smashing up any coffee shops tomorrow depending on the result. Although then again, that does sound like fun...

Liquid Gold

As you know, Murphy frustrated the hell out of me, as did Mowbray in the end so maybe it came from that. I'm a passionate guy and I'm not afraid to say what I think, but I certainly try my best to be respectful and don't deliberately try to upset anyone.

You certainly won't see me smashing up any coffee shops tomorrow depending on the result. Although then again, that does sound like fun...
I'd like to smash up coffee shops. Go to the pub like a normal person. Low level alcoholism is what makes this country.

Brylowes

Can you tell me what makes you so happy about what he has said because as a Labour voter I missed it.
Where do I start.
Protect re-organise and increase investment in the NHS.....It will be privatised under Conservatives.

Abolish tuition fees for students......enabling young people a start in life without a mountain of debt.

Scrap the public sector 1% pay cap.....nurses currently earn what they did in 2010, in real terms a
Pay cut 'in that time of almost 25%.

Increase corporation tax.....To a level still lower than that of our main competitors in G7

Raise the top level of tax for earners over £80.000.....while we were supposedly "all in it together "
The Torys introduced a 5% tax cut for these very people.

Reverse the cut in police numbers.......Theresa May has presided over a cut of 20.000 police
Officers and 6000 PCSOs in her seven years as PM and Home Secretary, more cuts are
Planned in there next administration.

A solid guarantee of no rise in VAT.....May will not rule out a hike, and was set to implement
An increase at the last budget but changed her mind, experts wondered why, of course we
Didn't know then that Murdoc...sorry May was about to call a snap election.

BREXIT.
We are about to enter the most important and significant negotiations in generations, the
Outcome of which will shape this country and determine its future for generations to come

In Theresa May we have a Prime Minister who portrays herself as "strong and stable" a leader
That is Hard Nosed in business, but with compassion.
What we really have is a hopelessly out of her depth Jellyfish, she announces new legislation
Only to U-Turn when the Sun start a campaign against it.
A Prime Minister that calls an election and asks for your vote, but hasn't the balls or indeed
The Decency to turn up to a debate to tell you why.
A lot of people are citing Diane Abbot as a legitimate reason to not vote Labour.
Well I would say that May is far worse, and she is the PM, we have an opportunity to consign
Her to History's dustbin, we have to make sure we take it.

Last edited:

Astute

If you read what I said before blindly going in to something you'll see I said "That's a fair point and I'm sure some companies will, or at least consider it." when talking about companies leaving.

A fair level of corporation tax hasn't hurt other developed nations. Why do we think we're a special case and by raising it slightly will cause a mass exodus. During the development of the docklands in East London corporation tax was much higher than it is now and it didn't stop multinationals opening HQs there.
You mean the post where you said that jobs are not moving from America to Mexico? That is factually incorrect. Trump is bringing in massive import duties for the American car companies that built car plants in Mexico to take advantage of the lower tax. Our lower corporation tax makes up for higher wages.

And as I asked earlier how much are they saying that they want to raise corporation tax?

Nick

Administrator
I'd like to smash up coffee shops. Go to the pub like a normal person. Low level alcoholism is what makes this country.

Groups of lads who meet for coffee to take selfies.

Have a word, bet the soft twats don't even know how to jam a pool table or how to play killer pool or darts.

Everything that's wrong with this country.

clint van damme

You mean the post where you said that jobs are not moving from America to Mexico? That is factually incorrect. Trump is bringing in massive import duties for the American car companies that built car plants in Mexico to take advantage of the lower tax. Our lower corporation tax makes up for higher wages.

And as I asked earlier how much are they saying that they want to raise corporation tax?

to 26%. Still lower than the USA, Germany and France.

Nick

Administrator
there's room for both. 1pm Sunday I was in one of Earlsdon finest coffee shops for a latte and home made granola cake.
By 4pm I was into my 5th Guinness in Millsys.

You have hardly gone proper spit and sawdust.

If it was a Friday night in the Jag or Tudor Rose you might have a point, sipping away in Millsys isn't too far away from having a mocha with the crew in Costa. :p

Next up it will be wearing a t shirt and scarf in the Holyhead trying not to smudge your fake tan. ;)

Grendel

Saudi Arabia are one of the biggest sponsors of ISIS and global terrorism in general, they have
One of the worst "human rights" records in the world.
Our Prime Minister was there just two months ago signing an agreement to sell them even more
Weapons than we already do, weapons that will undoubtedly be used against us in the future.

Corbyn and McDonnel recognised that in order to achieve peace in NI it would take dialogue and
Careful negotiations, as he's said to achieve your objective sometimes you have to sit down with
People you don't necessarily like.
A point proven by the fact that between 1979 / 1992 the conservative government conducted no
Dialogue and achieved nothing except job creation for Irish voice over artists.

The peace process was then initiated, conducted and eventually completed by a Labour g'ment,
would you rather the peace process was never initiated ?

It's not a case of trying to lose, more a case of they didn't think they had to try to win.
They have nothing to say that would actually resonate with ordinary people, their whole campaign
Has been about attacking Labour and usually with lies.

John McDonnell was against the peace process wasn't he? It was bombs and bullets for him wasn't it? Unbelievable.

Brylowes

Make your mind up. You said increase corporation tax. Companies will look at moving to somewhere with lower tax. Thus job losses.
They wouldn't want the cost of relocating, this talk is just a way of legitimising the vast profits
These companies make, while the people on the front line are forced to sign zero hour contracts.
How are these people supposed to live, how do you budget for rent, food, rates, utilities etc
When you don't know what you're going to earn each week.
It's time people saw past the lies that make us accept there has to be a "us and them"
And if they want to move "Fuck em" don't let them trade here, compulsory purchase all their
Premises and do it ourselves, we have hardly any industry left so this could be the way
Forward, fair trade goods, fair contracts and conditions for everyone, with all profits going
To the treasury. Could be a new dawn, and made easier by Brexit.

clint van damme

You have hardly gone proper spit and sawdust.

If it was a Friday night in the Jag or Tudor Rose you might have a point, sipping away in Millsys isn't too far away from having a mocha with the crew in Costa. :p

Next up it will be wearing a t shirt and scarf in the Holyhead trying not to smudge your fake tan. ;)

I would normally have been in Whetherspoons drinking Stella but a man has to treat himself now and again!

Astute

Where do I start.
Protect re-organise and increase investment in the NHS.....It will be privatised under Conservatives.

Abolish tuition fees for students......enabling young people a start in life without a mountain of debt.

Scrap the public sector 1% pay cap.....nurses currently earn what they did in 2010, in real terms a
Pay cut 'in that time of almost 25%.

Increase corporation tax.....To a level still lower than that of our main competitors in G7

Raise the top level of tax for earners over £80.000.....while we were supposedly "all in it together "
The Torys introduced a 5% tax cut for these very people.

Reverse the cut in police numbers.......Theresa May has presided over a cut of 20.000 police
Officers and 6000 PCSOs in her seven years as PM and Home Secretary, more cuts are
Planned in there next administration.

A solid guarantee of no rise in VAT.....May will not rule out a hike, and was set to implement
An increase at the last budget but changed her mind, experts wondered why, of course we
Didn't know then that Murdoc...sorry May was about to call a snap election.
Do you really think that the corporation tax rise will pay for all of that?

It is what nearly everyone wants. Paying for it is the problem. Unless Abbott did the costings for it. Like she did with the police.

SkyblueBazza

I live in Hampshire & work across the whole of it. I would say there are plenty of pockets where there is predominantly Labour posters, but on the whole probably 2/3 of all posters are blue Tory ones

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Brylowes

Do you really think that the corporation tax rise will pay for all of that?

It is what nearly everyone wants. Paying for it is the problem. Unless Abbott did the costings for it. Like she did with the police.
No not entirely, but it will go some considerable way towards it, shutting down
Tax avoidance schemes that allow some of our wealthiest celebrities and sports
Stars to get away with paying next to nothing.
The raising of income tax for people earning £80000 or more, as well as business
Rates and taxes raised by an invigorated economy, bought about by more money
In people's pockets, and a general feeling we've emerged from under a stinking
Black cloud after 7 years.

Users who are viewing this thread