General Election 2019 thread (4 Viewers)

Astute

I've laid out the reasons why I think they should several times.
We have currently nationalised the losses and privatised the profits.
There have already been failing franchises coming back in to public ownership. We should eventually do it with them all.
Yet again I agree. But all in one go?

Look at the list I put up. Try and work out the cost.

For gas and electricity I would just start up a company against the suppliers and undercut them. I would take a longer term outlook. Transport? Start with the trains. Don't renew contracts. Make it better. But even this wouldn't be overnight.

When you extend credit the cost goes up. The cost would fly up. So more debt at a higher rate.

It is bever good to buy on credit. But when you are talking untold hundreds of billions.....

stupot07

So would he campaign for Ir against Brexit?
Hes actually doing the grown up thing and wanting to stay neutral. It would be interesting to see whether Alexander, Reece-Mogg , and the rest of the rightwing ERG etc would back a Corbyn brexit deal or choose to remain.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

SkyBlueDom26

Hes actually doing the grown up thing and wanting to stay neutral. It would be interesting to see whether Alexander, Reece-Mogg , and the rest of the rightwing ERG etc would back a Corbyn brexit deal or choose to remain.

Luckily it won't come to that after the election!

SkyBlueDom26

3284.jpg

clint van damme

Yet again I agree. But all in one go?

Look at the list I put up. Try and work out the cost.

For gas and electricity I would just start up a company against the suppliers and undercut them. I would take a longer term outlook. Transport? Start with the trains. Don't renew contracts. Make it better. But even this wouldn't be overnight.

When you extend credit the cost goes up. The cost would fly up. So more debt at a higher rate.

It is bever good to buy on credit. But when you are talking untold hundreds of billions.....

I agree. Start with trains, minimal cost or legal implications if you wait for franchises to expire.
Then water. Massive under investment in what will become an increasingly precious commodity. Look and installng the national water grid which was in the pipelie (no pun intended) berfore Thather sold it off.
I wouldn't bother with other utilities for the time being personally. I think bringing water back in to public ownership will be a big enough job.

richnrg

no problem with him remaining neutral, but if that is the case, please get someone else to negotiate the deal. No incentive to negotiate a good deal otherwise.

Monners

Shouting "Get Brexit Done" over and over again inanely is not debating.

And yet people seem to fall for it - particularly when reinforced by the media.

I listened to the launch of the Tory so called manifesto. All he said was that slogan and how rubbish Labour are. Well it certainly hooked me in!

People like Johnson treat it as a game It isn’t. It’s about the future of the next generation. (Sounds a bit sound bitey!).

Monners

I do think it should go back to the people. The whole dynamic has changed in the UK , as well as the voting demograph

I would like to think that we are all more informed now.

Ian1779

Debate on Look East in Northampton North. Whoever wins this seat, forms the next government apparently.

Now, do I tactically vote to try and rid us of the useless Michael Ellis, or go with my preference- who can’t win?

This will go Labour

clint van damme

It takes on average 4 years to negotiate a trade deal.
The day we leave we'll be the only country in the world with no trade deals yet Johnson claims he will have 80% of UK trade covered by Free in 3 years.
Surely even you can see that's not going to happen?
Empty rhetoric and silly memes aren't going to speed up the process.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Oh yeah, because Corbyn is soooooo much better debating brexit than Boris(for example)..... he can't even decide which side he's on

Well, he didn't 'debate' Brexit - he just kept repeating "Get Brexit Done" and oven-ready (someone should point out to him to stop using this as everyone knows oven-ready isn't as good for you as the real thing)

Besides which there are many other aspects of an election and governing, many that are just as or more important, than Brexit. He didn't even come close to him on those and Corbyn wasn't that good

Astute

Why is it the grown up thing to do? It has cost a lot of votes.

Grendel

Corbyns position is clear.
Its not necessary one I agree with but it's not difficult to understand. It's in the manifesto.

well sky blue dreamer was confused he was constantly saying it’s a recommendation to remain. The Hartlepool labour candidate has said we will negotiate a better deal and campaign to leave

chiefdave

Even if you ignore that nobody who is actually standing for election is prepared to go out and defend the manifesto so they've ended up with Nicky Morgan who is standing down this is an absolute car crash.

As was Boris launching the manifesto itself.

Astute

I agree. Start with trains, minimal cost or legal implications if you wait for franchises to expire.
Then water. Massive under investment in what will become an increasingly precious commodity. Look and installng the national water grid which was in the pipelie (no pun intended) berfore Thather sold it off.
I wouldn't bother with other utilities for the time being personally. I think bringing water back in to public ownership will be a big enough job.
Good to see that you do actually agree with me on the subject.

Astute

well sky blue dreamer was confused he was constantly saying it’s a recommendation to remain. The Hartlepool labour candidate has said we will negotiate a better deal and campaign to leave
Maybe it was a smart decision by Corbyn so that the Labour candidates can say whichever way that district wants Brexit to go.

Walsgrave

Even if you ignore that nobody who is actually standing for election is prepared to go out and defend the manifesto so they've ended up with Nicky Morgan who is standing down this is an absolute car crash.

As was Boris launching the manifesto itself.

Mind you these Conservative politiciansare not themselves devoid of U-Turns - Nicky Morgan went up and down the country in 2016 to adamantly argue against Brexit. Now look where she is - she could have done a Samuel Gyamih if she really believed in her own convictions; yet she decides, as with most other Conservative politicians, to pursue what is right for herself rather than for the country.

The scary thing is that the Conservatives can effectively use the EU as a scapegoat for all of the economic and social grievances experienced in the UK over the past few years. It will become apparently over time to working class voters of the Conservative Party just who will suffer from the impacts, and the irony of their position will be exposed when they are the very people who will complain the most.

Monners

It might do - particularly as you have persuaded to vote for Sally Keeble.

Only an 800 majority for the useles Tory incumbent who has done nowt in 9 years.

Northampton South will definitely go to Labour. Brilliant local candidate (who I know well). As opposed to the Tory from Derbyshire who is an ERG member.

There’s two seats that Boris will lose.

Users who are viewing this thread