General Election 2019 thread (18 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Certainly becoming a liability.

It is times like this when you find out if a dog with a red lead would get voted in to some seats. It has been a Labour seat since it started in the 50's.

Very unlikely she would lose, but the way it's going she's going to massively reduce the majority there. Cov South is the most affluent of the Cov wards so most likely to turn.

Although I find it quite demoralising to say this I also wonder how the transition from white male long standing locally based MP to non-white female new candidate will go.

clint van damme

Grendel

I'll be honest, if I woke up in the morning and read this pair were dead I wouldn't give a single fuck.
Perhaps a little disappointed they never made it to the Hague but I'll save my sympathy for people who have died due to their religion driven war mongering ideology.

I don’t suppose too many would shed a tear for a Jew hating leader of the Labour Party who also supported an organisation that murdered members of Parliament either but it’s not the point is it

clint van damme

I don’t suppose too many would shed a tear for a Jew hating leader of the Labour Party who also supported an organisation that murdered members of Parliament either but it’s not the point is it

Isn't it? It's faux outrage for the sake of point scoring.

NorthernWisdom

Grendel

He rushed to condemn the Tory one Tony put up. Couldn't stop him posting about it.

While we get our knickers in a twist about Tweets posted many years ago, sometimes before people were adults, we miss stories such as this:

Minister must quit - rape trial 'sabotage' victim

or this:

Tory MP quits after 'grope' claim by Labour MP

It depends if you believe her apology - she has now been shown on old Midlands Today footage - I wouldn’t want her anywhere near parliament but I guess if your that way inclined so be it

Ian1779

Jew hating.... do me a favour. He’s done more to support Jewish people in his time in parliament than nearly everyone else in there. Take a look at his voting and parliamentary record.

Then again - facts aren’t something you deal with.... just hyperbole.

clint van damme

He rushed to condemn the Tory one Tony put up. Couldn't stop him posting about it.

While we get our knickers in a twist about Tweets posted many years ago, sometimes before people were adults, we miss stories such as this:

Minister must quit - rape trial 'sabotage' victim

or this:

Tory MP quits after 'grope' claim by Labour MP

Don't get me wrong, this woman sounds unsuitable for politics!
But we've have Rees mogg comments today, the suppression of the Russia investigation yet this woman's comments have caused so much outrage even though one of the men she's spoken of is hated on here.
It's absolute bollocks.

Grendel

Jew hating.... do me a favour. He’s done more to support Jewish people in his time in parliament than nearly everyone else in there. Take a look at his voting and parliamentary record.

Then again - facts aren’t something you deal with.... just hyperbole.

has he? What has he done then above others?

NorthernWisdom

But we've have Rees mogg comments today, the suppression of the Russia investigation yet this woman's comments have caused so much outrage even though one of the men she's spoken of is hated on here.
It's absolute bollocks.
Precisely zero people jumped on the Rees-Mogg stuff when it was posted up.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's absolute bollocks.

I think she sounds absolutely suitable for modern politics. What she isn't suitable for is governing or any kind of power. Sadly those that have the power to govern have to come from politics.

NorthernWisdom

loads have on national media and TV
I see you rushed to condemn it. Along with the Gower Tory candidate. And as for the sleaze allegations against Tories, they've been thge first to be posted up here by you.

Oh, and good to see you rushed to condemn the fakery of political interviews too.

I'm almost in danger of doing an Astute and asking where your objectivity is - although tbf you've never claimed to be objective (and nor should you be, for that matter!)

chiefdave

The initial comments were bad enough but then claiming he hadn't said it rather than apologise just made it worse. Then to top it all Andrew Bridgen has been on the radio doing everything he can to make it worse!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

loads have on national media and TV

To be fair on media it has been widely reported, and although he has apologised I think it says a lot about his opinion of the average person which will shock absolutely no-one.

Grendel

I see you rushed to condemn it. Along with the Gower Tory candidate. And as for the sleaze allegations against Tories, they've been thge first to be posted up here by you.

Oh, and good to see you rushed to condemn the fakery of political documents too.

I'm almost in danger of doing an Astute and asking where your objectivity is - although tbf you've never claimed to be objective (and nor should you be, for that matter!)

I know nothing about the Gower Mp

Moggs comments of course were crass and insensitive and cannot be defended

Grendel

Oh I’m sorry.... are you suggesting that the news source is not credible?

I’d say that anyone who was prepared to take thousands of pounds off a state sponsored Arab TV station that is a known advocate of Jewish hate and encouraging violence against Jews is not too keen even if he picked up a paper bag outside a synagogue once

Ian1779

I’d say that anyone who was prepared to take thousands of pounds off a state sponsored Arab TV station that is a known advocate of Jewish hate and encouraging violence against Jews is not too keen even if he picked up a paper bag outside a synagogue once
Source?

Grendel

The bollocks you’ve just spouted.

what the fact he was paid for appearing on Al Jazeera or the fact it’s an anti Jewish station?

Grendel

Anything will be a start...

well if you want evidence the news channel isn’t then I’m afraid it says a lot about you - it’s like asking if Hitler wasn’t that keen on “them” if it’s the other look at his statements of payments which are all on line

Ian1779

well if you want evidence the news channel isn’t then I’m afraid it says a lot about you - it’s like asking if Hitler wasn’t that keen on “them” if it’s the other look at his statements of payments which are all on line
So that’s a no then.

Users who are viewing this thread