General Election 2019 thread (9 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Same with me, I'm stuck between brexit party and conservative

I do like Boris and the way he goes about his business however do i trust him with Brexit???? He's had his hands tied though....

Nigel is alright but can be abit extreme

So you like people who go about their business by lying and cheating?

Had his hands tied? Parliament PASSED the second reading of his bill! He has consistently chosen to try and get it pulled.

Should you trust him with Brexit?
- His wives couldn't trust him not to sleep with other women
- He can't be trusted by at least of his children, whom he has denied paternity of, has tried to prevent being reported via injunction and has nothing to do with. There may be more.
- His family don't trust him.
- His own party and leaders couldn't trust him

Hope that helps.

rob9872

Had his hands tied? Parliament PASSED the second reading of his bill! He has consistently chosen to try and get it pulled.

- He can't be trusted by at least of his children, whom he has denied paternity of, has tried to prevent being reported via injunction and has nothing to do with. There may be more.

Hope that helps.
As opposed to 3 times married Corbyn and that doesn't include his fling with Abbott :(

SkyBlueDom26

Hope that helps.

Dreamer with his head in the clouds again, don't give a shit about his private life tbh

Grendel

Hope that helps.

Corbyn has been married several times and gave his former lover a seat on the cabinet

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Dreamer with his head in the clouds again, don't give a shit about his private life tbh

The what about all the times he's done stuff against Tory policy or against the Tory leader for his own personal gain? You asked could you trust him on Brexit and I've just pointed out the many instances both personally and professionally when he couldn't be.

Before anyone points out Corbyn consistently voted against Labour whips I'm not denying that. I'm just answering Dom's question on if he can trust 'Boris' with Brexit (given in the past he's argued largely in favour of EU membership until it suited his leadership ambitions not to)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Corbyn has been married several times and gave his former lover a seat on the cabinet

1. Not denying that. It wasn't a comparison though. It was a direct answer to whether 'BORIS' can be trusted.
2. How can someone who's never been PM give someone a seat in cabinet? Plus she'd been a member of a previous shadow cabinet and had been a big voice in the Labour party for some time.

chiefdave

$botKey = '<bot key>';
$requestFactory =False, Boris is a great campaigner();
$botKey = '<bot key>';
Someone messed up the bots at the end of last week and there was a ton of Johnson supporting tweets with the variable names left in rather than the intended content.

skybluetony176

Just judge him on the times he’s voted against Brexit and the time he pulled his own deal after it got voted through causing more delay to Brexit, then calling for a GE when his bill he pulled was making ground and as we have a flexible extension we could have been out the EU well before we vote in the GE that doesn’t look set to deliver a majority to any party meaning that Brexit is most likely going to be delayed again. You don’t like people who keep delaying Brexit so you tell us but you seem unwilling to judge Boris on that very thing yet no one has done more to delay it than Boris.

shmmeee

Makes 0 sense

You responded to a post detailing how Boris isn’t to be trusted on Brexit with “I don’t care about his personal life”. Implying the things being criticised (pulling his Brexit deal) are his personal life.

I know the adult social care cuts have been brutal and you’re probably on your own now so you’re welcome for the free support.

SkyBlueDom26

I know the adult social care cuts have been brutal and you’re probably on your own now so you’re welcome for the free support.

Says alot about your views for people that are maybe struggling or on their own.... fortunately I'm not no

Grendel

1. Not denying that. It wasn't a comparison though. It was a direct answer to whether 'BORIS' can be trusted.
2. How can someone who's never been PM give someone a seat in cabinet? Plus she'd been a member of a previous shadow cabinet and had been a big voice in the Labour party for some time.

she’s in the shadow cabinet and receives pay accordingly. She’s only a big voice in the sense she is notorious like Dennis Skinner. She’s a clown, a known racist and Very unpleasant person

SkyBlueDom26

Like the Joker?
giphy.gif

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

she’s in the shadow cabinet and receives pay accordingly. She’s only a big voice in the sense she is notorious like Dennis Skinner. She’s a clown, a known racist and Very unpleasant person

I'm not a fan of hers at all. Like most politicians she's got a vastly over-optimistic opinion of her own abilities and she has been known to play the race (and gender) card for her own ends (although also with legitimate cause).

But it seemed to be inferring that Abbott was in the shadow cabinet solely due to her being Corbyn's ex-lover, when she had a profile and previous Shadow positions before Corbyn. Her current position in the shadow cabinet is more down to her and Corbyn sharing a similar ideology rather than because they used to date.

Astute

I'm not a fan of hers at all. Like most politicians she's got a vastly over-optimistic opinion of her own abilities and she has been known to play the race (and gender) card for her own ends (although also with legitimate cause).
Her current position in the shadow cabinet is more down to her and Corbyn sharing a similar ideology rather than because they used to date.
She has made countless racist comments. She has been doing it for many years. IIRC Milliband pulled her up on it when he was leader. And no. Not with legitimate cause. If any Tory had done the same several on here would rip her to bits especially if she was white and constantly had a go at black people. It is people like her that cause a lot of the problems.

Similar ideology? What is that?

shmmeee

She has made countless racist comments. She has been doing it for many years. IIRC Milliband pulled her up on it when he was leader. And no. Not with legitimate cause. If any Tory had done the same several on here would rip her to bits especially if she was white and constantly had a go at black people. It is people like her that cause a lot of the problems.

They’re both left wing.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think Miliband may have removed from her cabinet position because of comments that were unacceptable.

But she has also had occasions where she has legitimate cause because she has been harassed and abused because of both her her gender and race. That doesn't make her comments OK, because she is essentially tarring everyone with the same brush. This wouldn't be acceptable if a white person was attacked by a black person and made comments towards black people because of it, so it shouldn't be acceptable the other way round either. There are times where she has seemingly bought into the lazy stereotype of men and white male privilege especially.

Grendel

Grendel

But it seemed to be inferring that Abbott was in the shadow cabinet solely due to her being Corbyn's ex-lover, when she had a profile and previous Shadow positions before Corbyn. Her current position in the shadow cabinet is more down to her and Corbyn sharing a similar ideology rather than because they used to date.

So what is the similar ideology and what was her previous position in the shadow cabinet?

ccfc92

I think Miliband may have removed from her cabinet position because of comments that were unacceptable.

But she has also had occasions where she has legitimate cause because she has been harassed and abused because of both her her gender and race. That doesn't make her comments OK, because she is essentially tarring everyone with the same brush. This wouldn't be acceptable if a white person was attacked by a black person and made comments towards black people because of it, so it shouldn't be acceptable the other way round either. There are times where she has seemingly bought into the lazy stereotype of men and white male privilege especially.

CCQFAMPW4AEyqqS.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread