General Election 2019 thread (14 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Why should I, been laughed at for weeks on this fucking thread by people trying to put me down for what I stand for haha well let’s just say the only one that’s laughing now is me

And what if your hero worship is misplaced and he fucks up? You say it’s fine because you’ll admit it was a mistake. But the country will have paid the price. The poorest in society will stand to suffer the most.

Nobody except Ian doubted the result. They just think it’s shit.

Philosorapter

I think it's time for a major shake up in Labour Coventry North West constituency party.

Looks like they are out of touch with their voters.

dancers lance

Only one party was going to benefit on referendum by proxy. And we can look forward to the biggest liar in the country implement garbage across the board.

The turkeys have voted for Christmas
I think this was more about the hatred of Jez and Co more than a love of BoJo.

SkyBlueDom26

And what if your hero worship is misplaced and he fucks up? You say it’s fine because you’ll admit it was a mistake. But the country will have paid the price. The poorest in society will stand to suffer the most.

Nobody except Ian doubted the result. They just think it’s shit.
Thing is they won’t though, have some belief that our country will now thrive and become great! Instead of having your constant sly pathetic digs

Brighton Sky Blue

Absolutely buzzing! Time for Britain to shine and unleash its potential, would of been absolute mayhem with Corbyn in and McDonnell in change of the country’s finance

Let’s hope that 3 word soundbite comes true. Ignoring for starters that even the DUP admit it will be horrendous for NI.

Brighton Sky Blue

Thing is they won’t though, have some belief that our country will now thrive and become great! Instead of having your constant sly pathetic digs

None of the evidence says it will. You have been convinced by the sound bites, easy fixes and the EU scapegoat. Look at what the Tories have done to public services in the last decade. Why should I get excited when my class sizes keep growing, my classrooms fall to pieces and my school has to fire people to pay for salary increases?

You just don’t understand.

CCFCSteve

Only one party was going to benefit on referendum by proxy. And we can look forward to the biggest liar in the country implement garbage across the board.

The turkeys have voted for Christmas

BSB, you’ll have to accept that a majority of the public (and in particular traditional labour voters) appear to trust Johnson more than Corbyn/current labour

Brighton Sky Blue

BSB, you’ll have to accept that a majority of the public (and in particular traditional labour voters) appear to trust Johnson more than Corbyn/current labour

On trustworthiness they don’t. But this election was never about that. It is now time for Johnson to spend 5 years being shown up for the lying charlatan that he is. And it is the working classes who will suffer the most because of his deceit.

SeaSeeEffCee

On trustworthiness they don’t. But this election was never about that. It is now time for Johnson to spend 5 years being shown up for the lying charlatan that he is. And it is the working classes who will suffer the most because of his deceit.
Everyone who voted for him would just find someone else to blame anyway.

Brighton Sky Blue

In Northern Ireland, North Down, one of the safest seats in the UK, is going to switch to Alliance from the DUP. But of course this means nothing.

CCFCSteve

On big matters important to voters maybe they do. Labour told their core support in the 2017 election they would respect the referendum result and leave (inc customs union etc). They reneged on this. Also I’m guessing nobody believed the manifesto was fully costed and would be paid for by the super rich (the uncosted waspi of £58bn and no cost nationalisations to name but two dubious areas). These are the things that matter to voters.

Brighton Sky Blue

His will read

‘Against Brexit and the clown, I rebelled they cut me down. It’s so lonely, round the fields of County Blythe’

Brighton Sky Blue

On big matters important to voters maybe they do. Labour told their core support in the 2017 election they would respect the referendum result and leave (inc customs union etc). They reneged on this. Also I’m guessing nobody believed the manifesto was fully costed and would be paid for by the super rich (the uncosted waspi of £58bn and no cost nationalisations to name but two). These are the things that matter to voters.

The 2017 manifesto was being panned for the same reasons this one was. The big difference is Brexit. Though let’s get one thing right, Brexit is a Tory mess from start to finish yet they come out of it smelling of roses. For the most part the manifesto was a sincere effort to improve lives for the average person. Costings matter but the Tory one was criticised on this front as well with tax cuts being promised alongside spending rises. Openly false pledges on the recruitment of teachers and nurses. Yet they get away with it because of Brexit which they have botched from start to finish.

I have said my piece on Corbyn most of the year. I wanted him out well before now. But you will forgive me if I don’t share your view entirely on the wider situation.

SBAndy

Then Red Ken comes out with “the Jewish vote wasn’t very helpful”. For fuck’s sake you senile old muppet.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Corbyn must go surely his politics are years behind?
Left wing ideas just don’t work with us white van men and decent hard working family guys!!
Labour are years behind just like Michael foot in 83

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread