Gay footballers (1 Viewer)

Otis

Well then the majority of football fans are stupid.

Marty

I can see why players don't come out. It'll be constant abuse from the opposition fans. Personally couldn't care less. Not down to me to tell other people how to live their lives.

Kevin_Kilbane

I just had another idea on why gay footballers don't come out. Perhaps because the stadia would be the safest place for them. Yes, there would be abuse but there is also abuse for don't playing well or. Abusing a gay would be different, you know, other 'arguments', so to speak. At any stage I could imagine that footballers just heard enough not to get hurt anymore. You can possibly convince themselves that not they as a person are meant but the footballer who doesn't play on the highest level. But the real fear gay footballers may have could being outside the stadium when they aren't playing when they are just out at night in a restaurant or club or anything. For some reason some people attack gay people when they know they are. I know it's not the Middle Ages or Germany between 1933 and 1945 anymore but there are still people out there who think that being gay is chosen and not given so to avoid confrontation with such people could be the main reason to not come out.

Users who are viewing this thread