Gay Footballers (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

I don’t really post on social media myself but I do see what you mean.

I guess what I’m saying is, if say Callum O’hare put a photo up with his boyfriend I wouldn’t see it as a big deal. At my age it’s normal to be gay or bisexual to the point where people I know have never came out to me they just sleep with whoever. ‘Coming out’ seems to be a bigger deal when it’s to parents or people of a different generation.

I agree with you that footballers should be able to be comfortable with it I’m just saying I wouldn’t care and not many my age would.

How old are you?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Am I in the minority that just doesn’t care? Maybe it’s because I’m young but I don’t need any of our players to tell me whether they’re gay, straight or anything else. Their sexuality is none of my business and all I care about is what they do on the pitch

I agree entirely with the sentiment but if we're to reach that stage whereby high profile sportspeople (and footballers especially) can just be treated as no big thing if they go out with their boyfriend/husband we're almost certainly going to have to go through the ugly stage of having some people come out to normalise it. There is sadly still quite a few who don't look upon it as normal or would be willing to use it against a player.

As you say it's pretty much accepted now in the younger generations so the situation should continue to improve over time.

Users who are viewing this thread