Gary Neville (1 Viewer)

DavidBrent

Just heard a rumour from a normally reliable and knowledgable source ( he works a Talksport) that has just rang and said RR has approached Gary Neville about the managers job.

DavidBrent

Yeah , I am in two minds wether this could be a masterstroke or a massive mistake.Apparently it will be running in tomorrows papers.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
He will have a winning mentallity and if he wants to play some much needed good football to get the fans back then why not? And if he is shit then we will enjoy getting rid :p

Also think of the Man Utd loanee's :D

Last edited:

Paxman II

i hope this is not true. can't see a rookie like Neville being more capable than AB surely? plus we are in dire straights...this is no time for a gamble.

torchomatic

Hopefully, this is just rubbish. I'm sick of us being the first rung on the ladder for useless no-hopers to cut their teeth in management: Phil Neal, Gary McAllister, Gordon Strachan, etc etc.

Hcut PUSB

With the United conection could be what we need, we need good players, might be the only way for us to get them, much as it pains me to say it!!

Caught between love and hate :confused::confused::confused::confused:.

Monkeyface

I wouldn't read to much into this, last post I read of Davidbrents, was on gmk.
Apparently eddie Jordan has asked for a 30 days to look into the clubs finances before he buys the club.
How's that going anyway? Must be 30 days by now?!!!

Nick

Administrator
I think it is more than likely Brian McFadden and that indian fella! (can't remember his name)

Lord_Nampil

I hate Gary Neville but that is mainly because i hate Man U! As a manager would be interest, the only thing you can say about him from his career is that he is used to winning, and at the moment we really do need a winner in charge and thats why this could be a good move, i don't think Thorn is the answer even though i know he wants the job full time!

Last edited:

sky_blue_up_north

Just a rumour I reckon, big risk if we took him on... on the other hand could be any worst the managers we've had over the last few years

skybluetom

It would be a complete gamble that's for sure but if I had to choose between him, Laws or Blackwell I know who I'd go for. Neville is unproven unlike the other 2 who are proven to be shit!

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
It would be a complete gamble that's for sure but if I had to choose between him, Laws or Blackwell I know who I'd go for. Neville is unproven unlike the other 2 who are proven to be shit!

True, some people worry about an unproven manager but I think they are a better option then the same old recycled shite like Peter Reid

Nick

Administrator
Think Jojar Dhinsa is the name you are looking for?? (spelling may be wrong though)!! Wasnt he bringing Houlier with him too??

That is the one!

Joe_dhinsa_at_a_Gala.jpg

SkyBlueMania

Honestly, I would take a new comer over any of the realistic available managers atm. I do no want another Dowie or Boothroyd who have done it once long ago and nothing since. Neville would get my thumbs up, after all he has spent most of his life under the management of the best in the game, can be no worse than what we've had.

Nick

Administrator
Honestly, I would take a new comer over any of the realistic available managers atm. I do no want another Dowie or Boothroyd who have done it once long ago and nothing since. Neville would get my thumbs up, after all he has spent most of his life under the management of the best in the game, can be no worse than what we've had.

You could say that for Roy Keane though.

Paul Ince I would have liked! :)

Covstu

Obviously rubbish Torch!! A player with no connection to the club and has just retired from football 3 minutes ago!!

SkyBlueScottie

Phil Neal was manager of Bolton for 7 years before us! He also guided us to a nice 11th position. Macca granted he was rubbish but Strachan did ok, had 2 teams sold from under him (or than main contributors to those teams) and we would have stayed up had we bought Hartson in the first place instead of pissing about the place.

Bennets Afro

I think I would like Gary Neville as manager. I hated him as a player and thought he was a bit crud, but he will have a lot to prove and COULD instill a winning mentality. a lot of contacts at united so could be useful. But, i guess unless the board back him, then even Alex Ferguson couldn't get us up the league playing consistant football

Nick

Administrator
I think I would like Gary Neville as manager. I hated him as a player and thought he was a bit crud, but he will have a lot to prove and COULD instill a winning mentality. a lot of contacts at united so could be useful. But, i guess unless the board back him, then even Alex Ferguson couldn't get us up the league playing consistant football

Could have Fergie Jr?

Monkeyface

Jesus, why are people still replying to this, as I said last night, DB claimed gmk that EJ was about to buy the club.
He also this story would be all over the papers today. Is it?
It's pure bollox

6 Generations

Nick, in a fashion, i actually wish that it was a truthful statement. I think that Gary and Phil Neville will progress to be good managers. I cannot at present think of any top notch players over the last 40 years who have gone on to become good managers. While i can name many average or lower league footballers who have. Ok, maybe Johan Cruyff at Barca, but given their budget, anyone could manage them!! I think that both Nevilles have been ok,efficient players, who have both shown guts and leadership qualities throughout their careers. I know that someone will reply soon in a "what about so and so" way,but whatever!! Just think about how well connected to Fergie they are! Just my view. PUSB :p

Users who are viewing this thread