Gary Mcsheffrey (1 Viewer)

shoesmith81

What do you think will happen to him?

I would have thought someone would have come in for him by now. I guess wages could be a stumbling block but if he really wanted to play I would think he could afford a wage drop.

After all he must have been on 20k a week at Blues in the Prem.

Would you like to see him stay or go?

ShInnbob

Honestly would want to keep him for the team even with his current hit & miss form. Must take a pay cut though so for that reason doubt he will stay.

Manchester_sky_blue

Honestly would want to keep him for the team even with his current hit & miss form. Must take a pay cut though so for that reason doubt he will stay.

I don't think he has the option to stay, he's not been registered in our squad this season.

I expect he will move right at the end of the transfer window

shmmeee

I wonder if he's a hardcore NOPMer and is sitting out his contract out of spite.

More likely he doesn't want to give up his VIP booth at JJs just yet.

It can only be wages that are keeping him here.

bringbackrattles

Sadly he's lost form and confidence and can't see it returning.
As I've written before he's a Cov Kid like me so there's no way I can slag him off but he should have done more in his career than he has done I reckon,even with the Brum move.
So sorry to say Macca your Sky Blue days look over.

CovFan

Heard his contract didn't have a relegation wage drop in it when he signed it. Despite this he offered to cut his wages by 50% volunteerly last season. They offered him a pay off worth 50% of his contract which he refused to agree.

fernandopartridge

Heard his contract didn't have a relegation wage drop in it when he signed it. Despite this he offered to cut his wages by 50% volunteerly last season. They offered him a pay off worth 50% of his contract which he refused to agree.

Such a pay off in a standard redundancy situation for Joe on the street would probably be seen as generous.

Nick

Administrator

Surely if he offered a 50% pay cut then them offering a 50% pay off is just the same?

RoboCCFC90

To be honest I think Sheffers should just do the right thing and leave. Yes okay he probably isn't happy at how he has been alienated, but I can't say that his form warranted another season, especially if Sheffers is one of the highest earners!

duffer

Such a pay off in a standard redundancy situation for Joe on the street would probably be seen as generous.

But its not a redundancy situation. So it would be seen as a breach of contract

I appreciate SISU prefer to weasel out of contracts, but I'm afraid he's fully entitled to be paid up in full or accept a settlement on his terms. An average Joe would be entitled to the same protection under the law had he a similar contract.

Why should GM settle for less. Would you?

Noggin

Surely if he offered a 50% pay cut then them offering a 50% pay off is just the same?

In fact it's better as he could go elsewhere, so either he took a 50% pay cut and then they offered to pay him off 50% of us contract afterwards, ie 50% of the 50%, so 25% or it's just not true.

DazzleTommyDazzle

It would come to the same thing financially, but maybe at this stage in his career, he just wanted to carry on playing for his home town (yes, I know.....) club?

Nick

Administrator
It would come to the same thing financially, but maybe at this stage in his career, he just wanted to carry on playing for his home town (yes, I know.....) club?

But then if he signed for somebody else he would get more...

He didn't want to play for us last season though?

jesus-wept

If it had been up to me he would have left the day after the JPT second leg at Crewe for that pathetic free-kick he took in the last seconds after pulling 2 goals back. Just about the most pathetic piece of football I have ever witnessed.

Users who are viewing this thread