Gary Lineker (1 Viewer)

AJB1983

What a fucking nob…. So apart from the whole Man City - Chelsea and them wanting to see them up close and personal and thus dictating the schedules, he’s then openly admitted on his podcast that he actually turned over from our game Sunday to watch Liverpool play Fulham, and therefore didn’t actually see the comeback.

And he goes on about the magic of the fa cup and reacts about the lack of replays going forward…. Doesn’t give a toss. All about the premier league.

messiahrobins

What a fucking nob…. So apart from the whole Man City - Chelsea and them wanting to see them up close and personal and thus dictating the schedules, he’s then openly admitted on his podcast that he actually turned over from our game Sunday to watch Liverpool play Fulham, and therefore didn’t actually see the comeback.

And he goes on about the magic of the fa cup and reacts about the lack of replays going forward…. Doesn’t give a toss. All about the premier league.
Most on here love him. I did post a thread a while back saying he is a fucking stupid c*nt. I tend to be right about most things.

Deity

He thought the match was over at 3 nil as did most neutrals and many city fans ….

EalingSB

Cascarino said the same on the Times pod, the guy on the Athletic pod the same - the guys are paid to have a view on everything and you could see why a neutral would switch off. All of them said they switched back when messages started dropping about the comeback. Lineker, Shearer and Richards were full of praise for the team, as were the guests on every pod I listened to.

AJB1983

I get that, Leicester fan, neutral, game probably won, but for someone who gives it all the “love the fa cup” and to not stick with it knowing what’s happened in previous rounds for a Fulham game is a bit disingenuous. Only cares about the fa cup of Pep or Klopp are involved, or Leicester. Fuck him.

I sat and watched Man City Chelsea despite it being shit for almost the whole 90 minutes.
I carry on watching sheff utd getting trounced
(Maybe I should have better things to do)
I’ve got blokes who I work with who are Man City, villa, wolves, Birmingham, West Brom fans, all watched it all.
i suppose

Chris Sutton did the same….and he’s another dick (despite him predicting the fairytale result of us winning).
Actually that Monday Night Club is worth a watch - Shay Given and the lad Rory are pretty much on the same side as us, in terms of what we feel about the offside decision, the application of the law, what offside should be etc etc
but surprise surprise Sutton and Kelly Cates aren’t.

David O'Day

I get that, Leicester fan, neutral, game probably won, but for someone who gives it all the “love the fa cup” and to not stick with it knowing what’s happened in previous rounds for a Fulham game is a bit disingenuous. Only cares about the fa cup of Pep or Klopp are involved, or Leicester. Fuck him.

I sat and watched Man City Chelsea despite it being shit for almost the whole 90 minutes.
I carry on watching sheff utd getting trounced
(Maybe I should have better things to do)
I’ve got blokes who I work with who are Man City, villa, wolves, Birmingham, West Brom fans, all watched it all.
i suppose

Chris Sutton did the same….and he’s another dick (despite him predicting the fairytale result of us winning).
Actually that Monday Night Club is worth a watch - Shay Given and the lad Rory are pretty much on the same side as us, in terms of what we feel about the offside decision, the application of the law, what offside should be etc etc
but surprise surprise Sutton and Kelly Cates aren’t.
so you are angry because some people who aren't Cov fans turned over to another game, a game that could of been important in the title race when it looked like the game was over?

ok

AJB1983

who said I was angry, just saying they’re nobs for being disingenuous about their love for the fa cup and saying ‘what a competition it is’… blah blah….
that’s not anger.
… so they could watch two other teams they donsupport either.

Boicey

I mean like most people I guess he didn’t want to watch Man Utd cruising to a time wasting victory for 30 mins+.

prufrock

must have sucked to be lineker on sunday.

tbf fair a lot of neutrals would have thought job done, game over at 0-3. ofc we all hoped, but when fernandes scored most of us were probably wanting a consolation goal- a little bit of cheer for the day. the come back did not look on at the time. however, as we know, that's the beauty of football, every once in a while the foregone conclusion narrative gets torn up and we start to dream again. and this one was one fucking massive fever dream.

i didnt realise it during the match but after the O'Hare goal my phone was getting hammered from different mates and people i havent seen in ages up and down the country telling me it was on and we can do it. for the pen appeal they were shouting for the cov. when the penno was scored they were jumping up and down and at 4-3 they were going proper mental. they shared in the grief too, obvs not to the same extent as us but they were with us. i've been told and read in comments of articles of football fans who'd never cheered so hard for a team that wasn't theirs etc.

we were in the stadium it was electric, cov fans watching on tv were also at full voice, living every agonising second. even randoms watching on TV were drawn into the comeback in a way that only happens to neutrals a few times in a whole lifetime. you can go multiple seasons watching football, hoping for a match like that.

so lineker missed one of the great football dramas. game of the season. everyone who saw it play out will remember it. but he didnt get drawn in. he turned over and watched a shit prem match. like i say, must have sucked to be him on Sunday.

it had to be real-time and with the jepardy of not knowing. letting the drama wash over you. minute by minute, second by second, toenail by toenail. on the guardian podcast they said looking at the cov crowd during the match was like a scene from braveheart. it sort of felt like that too. the wall of noise blasting the eardrums, reverberating the whole body.

i was by the press box, when they arrived it was another day in the office. when we live and die started they were all getting their phones out capturing it, blown away by the noise but cov bringing the noise to wembo was just the start for them. the manchester journos aside when the drama unfolded everone was on their feet, taken in, unable to fully comprehend what they were seeing and hearing. some of them had been at wembley the day before for the other semi final- empty seats and all. but this time it was different. they were seeing what happens when the FA Cup means something to people.

for drama, for pride, we showed the watching world that football can be so much better than the souless, corporate and commercial offering that the prem has become and lineker is the face of. once again must have sucked to be him on sunday.

torchomatic

Can't see what the fuss is about. I've done that loads of times, switched over and missed a great game.

mmttww

When did taking shots at Lineker for anything he does or says become a thing?

Same with the idea that he 'used to be ok' and at some point became 'not ok'. Weird.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Tommo1993

Passed the guy who I sit next to at CBS at HT. I said the dream is over, and he said nope its still on. He’s a good boy for believing.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The magic of the cup is being ever increasing watered down by the needs and demands of the big 5 or 6 .
The magic of the FA cup this season was almost exclusively down to us and Maidstone.

The big 5 or 6 can fuck off to a new European league and enjoy their Wednesday night money grabbing self indulgences while the rest of us thrive in a new redeveloped league . I won't miss them .

messiahrobins

To a lot of the lefty snowflake types on here hes like a God ive had that argument before with the Cretins. Him and his brother are absolute tools.
Wayne Lineker as i am sure you are well aware is a lot worse than just a tool!! I'll leave it at that, but Gary will also be a aware no doubt.
A lot of them on here are getting sucked in to the fake plaudits the likes Lineker are giving us, which of course is deflection tactics from the goal that never was.

duffer

To a lot of the lefty snowflake types on here hes like a God ive had that argument before with the Cretins. Him and his brother are absolute tools.

There is nothing funnier that someone having some kind of deranged rant about "lack of respect", accusing others of being 'snowflakes'.

Talk about thin-skinned and over-sensitive, it's like an internet version of the "The Princess and the Pea".😄

hamertime

There is nothing funnier that someone having some kind of deranged rant about "lack of respect", accusing others of being 'snowflakes'.

Talk about thin-skinned and over-sensitive, it's like an internet version of the "The Princess and the Pea".😄
Completely lost me, you just chucked some drivel together as you though it was funny to say the Princess and the pea😂

wingy

What happened in that story?

North York’s Blue

must have sucked to be lineker on sunday.

tbf fair a lot of neutrals would have thought job done, game over at 0-3. ofc we all hoped, but when fernandes scored most of us were probably wanting a consolation goal- a little bit of cheer for the day. the come back did not look on at the time. however, as we know, that's the beauty of football, every once in a while the foregone conclusion narrative gets torn up and we start to dream again. and this one was one fucking massive fever dream.

i didnt realise it during the match but after the O'Hare goal my phone was getting hammered from different mates and people i havent seen in ages up and down the country telling me it was on and we can do it. for the pen appeal they were shouting for the cov. when the penno was scored they were jumping up and down and at 4-3 they were going proper mental. they shared in the grief too, obvs not to the same extent as us but they were with us. i've been told and read in comments of articles of football fans who'd never cheered so hard for a team that wasn't theirs etc.

we were in the stadium it was electric, cov fans watching on tv were also at full voice, living every agonising second. even randoms watching on TV were drawn into the comeback in a way that only happens to neutrals a few times in a whole lifetime. you can go multiple seasons watching football, hoping for a match like that.

so lineker missed one of the great football dramas. game of the season. everyone who saw it play out will remember it. but he didnt get drawn in. he turned over and watched a shit prem match. like i say, must have sucked to be him on Sunday.

it had to be real-time and with the jepardy of not knowing. letting the drama wash over you. minute by minute, second by second, toenail by toenail. on the guardian podcast they said looking at the cov crowd during the match was like a scene from braveheart. it sort of felt like that too. the wall of noise blasting the eardrums, reverberating the whole body.

i was by the press box, when they arrived it was another day in the office. when we live and die started they were all getting their phones out capturing it, blown away by the noise but cov bringing the noise to wembo was just the start for them. the manchester journos aside when the drama unfolded everone was on their feet, taken in, unable to fully comprehend what they were seeing and hearing. some of them had been at wembley the day before for the other semi final- empty seats and all. but this time it was different. they were seeing what happens when the FA Cup means something to people.

for drama, for pride, we showed the watching world that football can be so much better than the souless, corporate and commercial offering that the prem has become and lineker is the face of. once again must have sucked to be him on sunday.
Excellent post! I had the same with random mates messaging, thought my phone was going to blow up at one stage!

Gint11

That’s a bit harsh. I’ve listened to the episode yesterday and he said at 0-3 he thought it was over and let’s face it, most of us would. The three of them were complimentary about us.

Users who are viewing this thread