Gary Gardner (1 Viewer)

Ccfc1979

Back to Villa apparently. Haven't seen much from him anyway tbh. Was never the experience we desperately need/needed.

kg82

Was never used in his right/best position. Could do with all the players we can get our hands on.

Ccfc1979

I know, not too happy he's gone back just saying never saw best of him. As you say, used badly in wrong system.

TheHellion

Square pegs in round holes. Coventry City have played too many players out of position over the last few years. This young lad was supposed to be an attack minded midfielder, with the option of goals. Do we play him that way? Of course not. We make him sit deeper, therefore not utilising his full potential.

Square pegs in round holes. Coventry City have played too many players out of position over the last few years. This young lad was supposed to be an attack minded midfielder, with the option of goals. Do we play him that way? Of course not. We make him sit deeper, therefore not utilising his full potential.

Yes, painfully obvious every week - wrong tactics, wrong selection = wrong end of the table.

PUSB

stupot07

He can't be recalled until the end of the first month loan. We'd only of sent him back if he was injured.

J

Jack Griffin

Where does that information come from Ccfc1979? I can see nothing in media, not that I didn't expect it TBH, the original loan was only till end of December & rumoured to be fee free. I'd want him out of the Sky Blue Mad House if I were Chris Houghton. Ermmm I meant Alex McLiesh.. not Houghton :facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:

stupot07

Where does that information come from Ccfc1979? I can see nothing in media, not that I didn't expect it TBH, the original loan was only till end of December & rumoured to be fee free. I'd want him out of the Sky Blue Mad House if I were Chris Houghton.

Why would Chris hougton want him out? Does he manage the villa as well?

J

Jack Griffin

Ermm... Alex McLiesh.. got my brummy managers back to front...

Gaz

Yeah I'm glad he has gone.
Now I can keep up my argument that we don't have any good players. ..............

hackneyfox

If he's as good as the Villa fans claimed he was I hoe we get him on loan.

Where they taking the piss?
Did he look, though being surrounded by poorer players, as if he should be playing first team football for Villa?

Nonleagueherewecome

If he's as good as the Villa fans claimed he was I hoe we get him on loan.

Where they taking the piss?
Did he look, though being surrounded by poorer players, as if he should be playing first team football for Villa?

Here's a first-I agree with Hackney! Tsk, this is what happens when I go drinking with a Leicester fan? :facepalm:

Yeah, reckon I was the only person when all those Villa fans were extolling his virtues on here who said I thought they were on a massive wind-up! He misplaced his passes along with the rest of them, was lucky not to get a red for a terribly naive diving tackle from behind and delivered a good cross against Hull (whoopy doop!). There were odd glimpses of talent, but the same goes for the rest of our kids; we needed experience, not potential. But I guess him being free is the real reason we got the lad at all. Maybe the injury has set him back during his time here? I can't see him doing any more than being a FA Cup/bench option for Villa this season. I'd have rather we'd signed Michael Brown.

SkyBlue

He's looked poor and disinterested since he joined us. Against Hull for example he didn't look like he wanted to be there, made a terrible challenge in the first half which he could have easily been sent off for and did nothing for the rest of the game. Wasn't even looking to go forward at corners in 80th minute while we were only 1-0 down. Our young players have looked much better than him on occasions this season.

Covstu

i dont think he looked poor, he lookewd lively and always looking for a shot on goal, maybe thats why we sent him back because he may have actually scored some goals. I think we tried every which way to stop him playing his true game by playing him off the defence which is ridiculous. The lad was not given a chance but is better off out of the club, another lack of vision which has put another nail in the sky blue coffin.

MatthewWallis

Well it's been confirmed that he's gone, I don't think he was all that and I don't think we will miss him

sky_blue_up_north

Midfield will be interesting against Bristol... Thomas, Bigi, Baker, Sheff ?

procdoc

We are a fucking joke. The lad is an u21 international, he's an attacking midfielder. I can't believe some of you are slating him, we played him out of position. Typical of our club to not utilise a potentially brilliant prospect

Sterling Archer

Was never used in his right/best position. Could do with all the players we can get our hands on.
I agree. Why Thorn never tried him behind the front two I'll never know. Thought he was one of our better players against Brighton and Peterborough, although he really should've scored in the latter game.

Hitting the post from 6 yards out. I couldn't believe he missed it.

He'll only improve and go onto better things. Good luck to him.

stupot07

I think the key word there is 'potential'. He's nowhere near the finished article and hadn't played a first team game until he came here. I though he looked ok - shame about sammy's injury as he then had to fill in there.

Users who are viewing this thread