Gary Barlow (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Tax cheat!

Lots of them around especially those who have money.

As for handing back his obe, what's the point. Just hammer him with penalties and interest on the money he should have paid

Otis

Tax cheat!

As for handing back his obe, what's the point. Just hammer him with penalties and interest on the money he should have paid

Just stop him from making any more records, then we'll all be happy.

Grendel

Tax cheat!

Did he break the law then?

bringbackrattles

On the radio this morning it was a Gary Barlow love in as people were saying he's a national treasure etc etc.
Become a "national treasure " and do what you like as the country will still love you.Jimmy Saville was a "national treasure " wasn't he !

Grendel

Morally Grendel yes

Not by my definition of morals he hasn't. Legitimately reducing your tax bill I see as a sensible and legitimate strategy.

wingy

Remember post Queens Jubilee the virtual sainthood conferred on him ,while the Establishment went after the irreverent Jimmy Carr for being less than fawning during his stint at that Jamboree.

Seems the hero of the day Is just the same .Wonder how many would have viewed James Cordons expose of his Psyche were it aired this week?

jimmyhillsfanclub

Not by my definition of morals he hasn't. Legitimately reducing your tax bill I see as a sensible and legitimate strategy.

"Legitimately" is the key word here.....

These schemes are designed primarily to avoid tax....I would go as far as to say they are design to actively evade tax...

Just because its not illegal (yet) doesn't make it "right".....

jimmyhillsfanclub

Double standards everywhere you look with regards high-earners avoiding or evading tax....

Mr. Camerons daddy made most of his cash in this manner....stashing his wedge in Panama & Geneva....

Greedy twats...the lot of 'em.

Grendel

Double standards everywhere you look with regards high-earners avoiding or evading tax....

Mr. Camerons daddy made most of his cash in this manner....stashing his wedge in Panama & Geneva....

Greedy twats...the lot of 'em.

Cameron was one of the biggest expense claimants when a normal MP.

Also I believe our very own "Bungling Bob" Ainsworth was once the highest ministerial expense claimant on his second home.

Nick

Administrator
To be fair, if I could pay less tax legally I would. I think most people would, wouldn't they?

Covstu

I agree Nick, it is either legal or it isnt. If it is legal then whats wrong with it and why is there an obligation to pay it back?

If its legal, i want in!!!

Nick

Administrator
Exactly, if it was legal then why does he need to pay it back?

I think with these schemes, you need to be earning millions though :(

ajsccfc

Like with Jimmy Carr, they're encouraged to pay back or denounce the schemes because of PR reasons. Otherwise they'd just say fuck off and dive into their swimming pools filled with gold.

jimmyhillsfanclub

To be fair, if I could pay less tax legally I would. I think most people would, wouldn't they?

Difference being though Nick is that "normal" blokes like us could always use a little extra cash....a bonus family holiday, a new family car, uni fees for kids etc.

Does Gary Barlow really need to deprive the nation of much need tax revenue just so he can buy yet another luxury yacht, Monaco mansion house, gold plated Ferrari or vineyard??

If I wanted to, I could "legally" sell a load of synthetic smart drugs & chemical highs to school children with learning difficulties ......it would not be illegal, but it would clearly be wrong.

Nick

Administrator
Difference being though Nick is that "normal" blokes like us could always use a little extra cash....a bonus family holiday, a new family car, uni fees for kids etc.

Does Gary Barlow really need to deprive the nation of much need tax revenue just so he can buy yet another luxury yacht, Monaco mansion house, gold plated Ferrari or vineyard??

If I wanted to, I could "legally" sell a load of synthetic smart drugs & chemical highs to school children with learning difficulties ......it would not be illegal, but it would clearly be wrong.

I agree, but he is still a bloke at the end of the day. Why would somebody pay money if they didn't "need" to?

jimmyhillsfanclub

I agree, but he is still a bloke at the end of the day. Why would somebody pay money if they didn't "need" to?

Dunno....maybe the same reason I don't sell legal highs to kids....

Social responsibility, moral duty, conscience etc.

Nick

Administrator
Why isn't it made illegal though? I'm by no means an expert but if I had an accountant who said he could legally cut the tax I pay I'd be delighted.

Was he paying any tax at all? Or none at all?

jimmyhillsfanclub

Why isn't it made illegal though?

This is why I used the "legal highs" comparison.....they are made illegal on a regular basis, but the law can't keep pace with those making new recipe's......

These tax schemes will be made illegal...its just that it takes a lot longer to make them illegal than it does for accountants to come up with new loop-hole schemes....

Sky_Blue_Daz

Avoided tax
Avoided tax
Avoided tax, for good

Colonel Mustard

Most people can't pay less tax. As Leona Helmsley said: "We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

If everybody could pay less tax, then society as we know it would collapse. Who would pay for the roads, hospitals, rubbish disposal, sewage maintenance, police force, research and development, military, education, etc. If people wish to pay no tax at all, I could point to some tinpot countries they could enjoy a 0% rate in.

That is what makes this stink. People like Gary Barlow were able to make their wealth thanks to everything our society offers, from the infrastructure to the wealth of an educated population. You don't see many multimillionaire pianists coming out of Darfur.

There is a social contract. You benefit and profit from society but pay a share back. People like Barlow are parasites. And he has the cheek to appeal for money from the rest of us for Children in Need, i.e. we are subsidising him.

Brighton Sky Blue

Remember post Queens Jubilee the virtual sainthood conferred on him ,while the Establishment went after the irreverent Jimmy Carr for being less than fawning during his stint at that Jamboree.

Seems the hero of the day Is just the same .Wonder how many would have viewed James Cordons expose of his Psyche were it aired this week?

Seems to me like anybody who sucks up to the Windsors gets a free ride on these things. Saville the best example of the lot as his time spent with Charles appears to suggest.

Brighton Sky Blue

Most people can't pay less tax. As Leona Helmsley said: "We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

If everybody could pay less tax, then society as we know it would collapse. Who would pay for the roads, hospitals, rubbish disposal, sewage maintenance, police force, research and development, military, education, etc. If people wish to pay no tax at all, I could point to some tinpot countries they could enjoy a 0% rate in.

That is what makes this stink. People like Gary Barlow were able to make their wealth thanks to everything our society offers, from the infrastructure to the wealth of an educated population. You don't see many multimillionaire pianists coming out of Darfur.

There is a social contract. You benefit and profit from society but pay a share back. People like Barlow are parasites. And he has the cheek to appeal for money from the rest of us for Children in Need, i.e. we are subsidising him.

I suppose the rich and sometimes famous don't use public services all that often and so have little vested interest in paying for them. The less people earn the more dependent they will be on these services and so have much greater reason to pay their taxes.

It isn't at all right but I suspect that is the mentality of people like him.

smouch1975

I'm fairly sure he still takes a dump!

I suppose the rich and sometimes famous don't use public services all that often and so have little vested interest in paying for them. The less people earn the more dependent they will be on these services and so have much greater reason to pay their taxes.

It isn't at all right but I suspect that is the mentality of people like him.

Colonel Mustard

I suppose the rich and sometimes famous don't use public services all that often and so have little vested interest in paying for them. The less people earn the more dependent they will be on these services and so have much greater reason to pay their taxes. It isn't at all right but I suspect that is the mentality of people like him.

It is hard to envisage a day in the UK where one can get by without using public services. The roads outside are built, maintained and kept clean with tax money. Order kept and property protected by the police. The TV and internet we enjoy came about because of massive public investment. Electricity, gas, solar power, almost anything technological or medicinal had its research and development funded in part by taxpayer money. Parks, museums, libraries, radio, beaches, clean water, high food standards - I am sure they enjoy some of those things.

That is to say nothing of their pre-fame, pre-wealth dependence on the state or their dependence on a well-educated, wealthy and healthy consumer base in society. If the likes of Barlow are going to profit from that, they must give back too. Otherwise it is just pillaging.

Brighton Sky Blue

It is hard to envisage a day in the UK where one can get by without using public services. The roads outside are built, maintained and kept clean with tax money. Order kept and property protected by the police. The TV and internet we enjoy came about because of massive public investment. Electricity, gas, solar power, almost anything technological or medicinal had its research and development funded in part by taxpayer money. Parks, museums, libraries, radio, beaches, clean water, high food standards - I am sure they enjoy some of those things.

That is to say nothing of their pre-fame, pre-wealth dependence on the state or their dependence on a well-educated, wealthy and healthy consumer base in society. If the likes of Barlow are going to profit from that, they must give back too. Otherwise it is just pillaging.

Not saying it's correct but apart from greed they probably think 'well I don't use these services anymore now that I'm loaded so what's the point?'. Then again we have bigger scroungers in Buckingham Palace who are idolised up and down the country but that is a different matter entirely.

wingy

First Question on Question time ,Should he lose his OBE .
Nice to see them reference Jimmy Carr

From somewhere in coventry.

stupot07

Don't recognise the building.... Warwick arts centre?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Grendel

Good chance Stu,Lecture theatre by the look of It.

It's my house -- I've loaned out one of my rooms for the day

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread