Garry Hoffman (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

The leak was nothing to do with Hoffman and he was extremely disappointed it happened.

Hoffman was telling people about the deal himself.
I dont know if the initial rumour with quite a bit of detail about the deal was him but he was certainly giving people a more general overview of what was going on after that.
He seemed convinced a deal was about to be struck but I don't think that was ever the case reading between the lines.

covboy1987

I like Overson. No agendas, doesn't bother sitting in the boardroom, no real commercial incentives for investing into the club anymore - just someone who genuinely wants to help where he can.
I also think that Hoffman wanted to help in some form - This is a guy I seen at many matches at Highfield road with his family long before he decided to help and get involved in the boardroom politics, a true and committed fan - His expertise in the first instance was getting business people interested and form consortiums which he managed to achieve (nobody else was doing this) -However if the seller doesn’t want to sell for an offer made, then then is not a lot that any consortium can do– I would also have thought that his boardroom involvement was only ever part time and he had no thoughts going forward on his main focus anything to do with CCFC as obviously with his impressive CV a high flyer in the business circles – It would be nice for people to actually pat him on the back as a Cov lad not only achieving the chairmanship of Coventry building society which is a feat in itself but to also be appointed to one of the top jobs in English football is incredible, not try and tear him to shreds, when obviously to some they are jumping on the band wagon or haven’t a clue about the actual facts of who said what and when–Give him some credibility, he at least tried – His appointments surely must cement two factors (1) The guy does know what he is doing, in any form of business talks (2) You will not have to talk about him anymore as it looks like he has moved on-

Nick

Administrator
I also think that Hoffman wanted to help in some form - This is a guy I seen at many matches at Highfield road with his family long before he decided to help and get involved in the boardroom politics, a true and committed fan - His expertise in the first instance was getting business people interested and form consortiums which he managed to achieve (nobody else was doing this) -However if the seller doesn’t want to sell for an offer made, then then is not a lot that any consortium can do– I would also have thought that his boardroom involvement was only ever part time and he had no thoughts going forward on his main focus anything to do with CCFC as obviously with his impressive CV a high flyer in the business circles – It would be nice for people to actually pat him on the back as a Cov lad not only achieving the chairmanship of Coventry building society which is a feat in itself but to also be appointed to one of the top jobs in English football is incredible, not try and tear him to shreds, when obviously to some they are jumping on the band wagon or haven’t a clue about the actual facts of who said what and when–Give him some credibility, he at least tried – His appointments surely must cement two factors (1) The guy does know what he is doing, in any form of business talks (2) You will not have to talk about him anymore as it looks like he has moved on-

Yeah to be fair he did well to get Dale Evans on board whilst pushing an actual business man away.

covboy1987

Yeah to be fair he did well to get Dale Evans on board whilst pushing an actual business man away.
As far as i remember Richard Oversome pulled out of talk as Wasps had to be involved in some capacity and he wasn’t having it and didn’t have an issue with Gary Hoffman - as for Dale Evans said he had the funds and any consortium would listed to a potential investor - Once it was found he was not going to back up his claims he was bombed out by everyone, but apparently strangely he did have the funds -

quote at the time

Speaking exclusively to the Telegraph, Mr Hoffman said: “In the autumn, I had brief discussions with Dale Evans and met him once after people that knew him vouched for him.
“There was evidence of funds.
“It was clear quite quickly that the promises were not going to be followed through.
“So I told him we were ending our dialogue several weeks ago.

Nick

Administrator
As far as i remember Richard Oversome pulled out of talk as Wasps had to be involved in some capacity and he wasn’t having it and didn’t have an issue with Gary Hoffman - as for Dale Evans said he had the funds and any consortium would listed to a potential investor - Once it was found he was not going to back up his claims he was bombed out by everyone, but apparently strangely he did have the funds -

quote at the time

Speaking exclusively to the Telegraph, Mr Hoffman said: “In the autumn, I had brief discussions with Dale Evans and met him once after people that knew him vouched for him.
“There was evidence of funds.
“It was clear quite quickly that the promises were not going to be followed through.
“So I told him we were ending our dialogue several weeks ago.

No, he pulled out as wasps were involved with the consortium.

Dale Evans didn't have funds, strangely you seem desperate to big up Hoffman but you have a warped memory of what's happened.

Very strange.

chiefdave

Dale Evans didn't have funds, strangely you seem desperate to big up Hoffman but you have a warped memory of what's happened.
Mystery to me how Hoffman gets a free pass for his involvement with Ranson & SISU, the failing coup that led to admin or wanting to close the academy down.

Since he left the board nothing he has done has stood up to scrutiny. His offers, be they to take over or 'pay the rent' are never what they seem to be when you scratch beneath the surface. Seem purely designed to give him a nice headline in the Telegraph rather than any meaningful attempt to improve the fortunes of the club.

rob9872

Anyone who's associated with Dick Keys can do one

Kneeza

As an aside, someone going by the name Gary Hoffman has just donated £540 to the Cov RFC Crowdfunder.
Neither here nor there really, but I'm sure the club won't be turning it down.

Edit: and a comment left -
Gary Hoffman 25th April 2020
Coventry Rugby Club deserves to come out of this in a strong place. Keep up the great work Sharpy

rob9872

Premier league could return in weeks behind closed doors sky reporting
A no news story. They can't possibly predict that when still on lockdown. We don't kbow for sure that even ends on 6th May then there will be training and a minimum couple of behind closed doors friendlies before they get going. If it starts I can't see it happening before the beginning of June.

SBAndy

As an aside, someone going by the name Gary Hoffman has just donated £540 to the Cov RFC Crowdfunder.
Neither here nor there really, but I'm sure the club won't be turning it down.

Edit: and a comment left -
Gary Hoffman 25th April 2020
Coventry Rugby Club deserves to come out of this in a strong place. Keep up the great work Sharpy

Highly likely it’s him. Know he is involved in one of the local rugby clubs.

Getting away from the point slightly there, though. The suggestion that Overson left the consortium because Wasps had to be involved (and thereby insinuating that Hoffman had no say on the matter) is preposterous. As is this gumbh about him doing due diligence on Dale Evans.

Nick

Administrator

Getting away from the point slightly there, though. The suggestion that Overson left the consortium because Wasps had to be involved (and thereby insinuating that Hoffman had no say on the matter) is preposterous. As is this gumbh about him doing due diligence on Dale Evans.
Wasps?

clint van damme

It's preposterous to say he left because of wasps involvement or preposterous to say Hoffman had no say in their involvement?

SBAndy

It's preposterous to say he left because of wasps involvement or preposterous to say Hoffman had no say in their involvement?

To say he had no say. He was the figurehead, course he can choose who’s involved.

Oh and the local rugby club is Old Wheatleyans in Coundon.

Grendel

Hoffman once referred to me in a speech in a Kenilworth pub along with Torch saying he was sure we were both fans but just blinded to truth or something or other. He was referring to our concern at his at time great potential owner Yankee Doodle Haskell - now bankrupt

Nick

Administrator
Hoffman once referred to me in a speech in a Kenilworth pub along with Torch saying he was sure we were both fans but just blinded to truth or something or other. He was referring to our concern at his at time great potential owner Yankee Doodle Haskell - now bankrupt
That was the time he was working with ACL against the club.

There's a bit of a pattern.

ccfcrob

Amazing how people still spell people's names wrong. Why are people obsessed with adding letters that do not exist. Garry Hoffman and Mark Robbins.
Ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread