Garry Hoffman (2 Viewers)

clint van damme

You would think after the first time he told somebody something and it was spread on Facebook he would have stopped if he didn't want it to happen?

It was purposely done, the same as the pictures of him meeting with Wasps at the Ricoh with Joe Elliott.

leaking info about an impending takeover to what at the time was a very disgruntled fan base I can sort of understand.
Leaking pictures of a meeting with wasps was a serious error of judgement if that is how it happened.
Doing whatever it was he did to make Overson walk away was pure stupidity.

SkyBlueCRJ

I'm not sure he was leaking stuff on to social media but he was discussing what was going on with far too many people and they were putting stuff on social media.

That's why there was a very strong rumour that a takeover had happened around Christmas time a couple of years ago.

Either way NDA's are legally binding and IF he'd submitted genuine interest he would have been forced to sign one. The fact that he's discussing what was going on with people breaches this and as such says to me that no definitive interest could've been presented to SISU. Hoffman is far from stupid he knows exactly how to play politics - otherwise he wouldn't be where he is today.

Nick

Administrator
leaking info about an impending takeover to what at the time was a very disgruntled fan base I can sort of understand.
Leaking pictures of a meeting with wasps was a serious error of judgement if that is how it happened.
Doing whatever it was he did to make Overson walk away was pure stupidity.

It was leaked to try and get fans worked up and angry.

Everybody was made to think he was taking over and he was a savior but big bad SISU wouldn't take this amazing deal he offered that was too good to be true. This got everybody going batshit mental at games, kicking off, the media involved.

It just so happened to be while CCFC were negotiating rent with Wasps, who turned out to be involved with Hoffman.

It was so obvious you could predict when he was going to popup and appear in the press to get people going.

Nick

Administrator
Either way NDA's are legally binding and IF he'd submitted genuine interest he would have been forced to sign one. The fact that he's discussing what was going on with people breaches this and as such says to me that no definitive interest could've been presented to SISU. Hoffman is far from stupid he knows exactly how to play politics - otherwise he wouldn't be where he is today.

Exactly, it just shows he had no expectation to seriously buy the club but wanted to pressure them working with Wasps.

People still go apeshit about ACL being distressed but have no issue when Wasps, Hoffman and the Council try to do the same to CCFC.

Brighton Sky Blue

Remember that game where David Johnson forgot he was boycotting to hold the "homeless" banner behind the dugout. The same one that CCFC staff mentioned getting abused by the dugout by people?

I think it was the same game Linnell was in Hoffman's box as well, Hoffman was very pally with the people who were holding the banner. Shaking their hands and being pally pally with them.

All gets funnier when we find out Wasps were involved with it all as well.

I don’t think Hoffman’s ego ever recovered from being kicked off the board and so he has let his hubris get in the way of rational thinking.

SkyBlueCRJ

Exactly, it just shows he had no expectation to seriously buy the club but wanted to pressure them working with Wasps.

People still go apeshit about ACL being distressed but have no issue when Wasps, Hoffman and the Council try to do the same to CCFC.

That's the funny thing. Wasps bleat on about how deceptive SISU are by hiding vital information. I think that's the finest slice of sanctimoniousness hypocrisy I've ever heard.

fernandopartridge

Hoffman who seems to have carved out a career where he was rather fortunate to be seen to have done well. Truth is it did not need much to see what was wrong at places like Northern Rock. His inability to produce a coherent package for CCFC on no less than 4 occasions says all you need to know. Jobs for the boys I'm afraid.

He took over at Northern Rock in the years after the financial crash in fairness

Grendel

I don’t think Hoffman’s ego ever recovered from being kicked off the board and so he has let his hubris get in the way of rational thinking.

Probably not but trying to force Haskell in through the back door and other farcical incidents such as having Dale the command on his team you’d think were just ridiculous - his involvement certainly has y helped and has encouraged the council and wasos to work against the club as there’s always “the nuclear option” with him lurking around

Nick

Administrator
Exactly, he's clearly an intelligent man. To think it's not intentional would show a massive sway of judgement.

Brighton Sky Blue

Probably not but trying to force Haskell in through the back door and other farcical incidents such as having Dale the command on his team you’d think were just ridiculous - his involvement certainly has y helped and has encouraged the council and wasos to work against the club as there’s always “the nuclear option” with him lurking around

I agree with that. It’s a shame as we are crying out for credible and effective owners but one of the few with the capital to do it has blown it

fernandopartridge

I agree with that. It’s a shame as we are crying out for credible and effective owners but one of the few with the capital to do it has blown it

He hasn't got any capital (he's an executive not a person of high net worth) and let's be honest, he is clearly struggling to attract any so in his desperation gets into bed with all these cranks, and hopes that his reputation carries it forward.

Nick

Administrator
He hasn't got any capital (he's an executive not a person of high net worth) and let's be honest, he is clearly struggling to attract any so in his desperation gets into bed with all these cranks, and hopes that his reputation carries it forward.

He managed to force somebody away who does though, who has since chucked some money into the club directly.

Nick

Administrator
I like Overson. No agendas, doesn't bother sitting in the boardroom, no real commercial incentives for investing into the club anymore - just someone who genuinely wants to help where he can.

Exactly, just goes about what he needs to do.

Brighton Sky Blue

Poorly worded I should have meant raised capital. The Dale Evans stuff for the most recent debacle has blown even that though

Nick

Administrator
Poorly worded I should have meant raised capital. The Dale Evans stuff for the most recent debacle has blown even that though

Even when he appointed a mad hatter as his advisor and had every other city fan in the room while he completed the deal with Joy???

The funniest thing is, because he said stuff about SISU people believed every word he said and got upset when people pointed out his bullshit. I think one poster on here was worried that all the negativity would drive him away.

Brighton Sky Blue

Even when he appointed a mad hatter as his advisor and had every other city fan in the room while he completed the deal with Joy???

I am talking more about the bid that was declined for not being on the right paper

Nick

Administrator
Maybe not but it was the only concrete offer for some time. I’m not trying to act like he’s a saviour but he hasn’t always been daft
It wasn't a concrete offer though, that was the point. It was pushed as "because it wasn't on letterheaded paper" to make the club look bad wasn't it?

It was pushed as "Coventry City takeover falls through".....

It wasn't that much different back then to be fair.

Brighton Sky Blue

It wasn't a concrete offer though, that was the point. It was pushed as "because it wasn't on letterheaded paper" to make the club look bad wasn't it?

It was pushed as "Coventry City takeover falls through".....

It wasn't that much different back then to be fair.

No, is that not the reason that Ken Dulieu gave for ignoring it?

Nick

Administrator
No, is that not the reason that Ken Dulieu gave for ignoring it?

I think it was more about proof of funds and more information as well wasn't it as it was the one for £1?

The same as even recently they have asked him for that information, probably because he was being backed by Wasps who had an interest in distressing the club at the same time.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think it was more about proof of funds and more information as well wasn't it as it was the one for £1?

The same as even recently they have asked him for that information, probably because he was being backed by Wasps who had an interest in distressing the club at the same time.

If memory serves it was an offer for £1 with a certain % of the debt with add ins for promotion. I’m not saying it was amazing don’t get me wrong

Nick

Administrator
If memory serves it was an offer for £1 with a certain % of the debt with add ins for promotion. I’m not saying it was amazing don’t get me wrong

did he mention the debt? I remember him saying he was going to pump millions in.

Exactly what fans wanted to hear ;)

Brighton Sky Blue

did he mention the debt? I remember him saying he was going to pump millions in.

Exactly what fans wanted to hear ;)

Probably but the actual offer was to pay off some of the debt up front and more later depending on performance

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The ones that Hoffman leaked to facebook saying "This is an offer that is too good to be true for SISU".

Maybe it's this bid.

I think me and you have genuinely been as close as him to buying the club.

If that's taking on the debt as well of the club it is more than reasonable. It's a lot more than SISU paid (who made fans/shareholders give up their shares for precisely nothing. And at that time the club was in as much dire straits as when SISU took over.

EDIT: This is not me supporting Hoffman. He's made numerous tactical errors in his various bids due to a mix of sour grapes from before and being a CCFC supporter

Nick

Administrator
If that's taking on the debt as well of the club it is more than reasonable. It's a lot more than SISU paid (who made fans/shareholders give up their shares for precisely nothing. And at that time the club was in as much dire straits as when SISU took over.

No, it was a bid made just for media reasons with a poor bloke fronting it.

This is where the whole "Its a great deal" stuff clouded it, anybody who asked Michael any questions got hammered for "bullying".

"Do you have more info about the bid?"
"Stop hammering him, at least he is trying. Stop bullying him"

Nick

Administrator
Probably but the actual offer was to pay off some of the debt up front and more later depending on performance

Just trying to find a link, I know some of his recent ones were offering to pay more if they got into the Premier League and a % of transfers etc.

Liquid Gold

*BREAKING NEWS*

I now own 10% of the premier league after photoshopping my bank statement and paying in Monopoly money.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
It seems there are two camps the Gary Hoffman like or dislike – you are obviously in the latter -Nothing personal either but none of it is nonsense, what part of the nonsence inot sure you are referring to? - In reference to a potential sale, never heard or seen other groups of potential investors clamouring at the door making offers accept consortiums continually led by him - Hoffman is totally switched on and certainly knows what he is doing when it comes to a whole array of business decisions including trying to buy a football club and importantly when to pull out – His heart and soul was completely focused on the future of our club, the financials secondary – He has now moved on and it doesn’t surprise a lot of people his new appointment as his CV reflects his outstanding ability
I think the two camps are actually those that fawn over Hoffman's every word and everyone else...

bawtryneal

It was leaked to try and get fans worked up and angry.

Everybody was made to think he was taking over and he was a savior but big bad SISU wouldn't take this amazing deal he offered that was too good to be true. This got everybody going batshit mental at games, kicking off, the media involved.

It just so happened to be while CCFC were negotiating rent with Wasps, who turned out to be involved with Hoffman.

It was so obvious you could predict when he was going to popup and appear in the press to get people going.

The leak was nothing to do with Hoffman and he was extremely disappointed it happened.

Users who are viewing this thread