Games We Have Won With 10 Men (1 Viewer)

steve cooper

While Hamer is playing for us, I suppose we will have to get used to playing with 10 men at times. So it got me thinking of games we have won from that position.
One game that springs to mind is the game against Charlton in 1999 while we were still in the Premier League. It was a relegation scrap and we were 1-0 down with Charlton seemingly in full control, when that fine example of a human, Danny Mills managed to wind Aloisi up enough to get him sent off. The whole Charlton team thought it was really funny and took the mickey. It wound us up so much that it completely changed the game and we won 2-1. Charlton were relegated, and we would possibly have gone down instead of them if we had lost that game.
I think we also won 1-0 against Cardiff away in early 2000's with 10 men.
Any other memories out there?

PVA

Last season two nil down to Bristol City and with 10 men.

Came back to win 3-2.

Edit: beaten to it!

Terry_dactyl

While Hamer is playing for us, I suppose we will have to get used to playing with 10 men at times. So it got me thinking of games we have won from that position.
One game that springs to mind is the game against Charlton in 1999 while we were still in the Premier League. It was a relegation scrap and we were 1-0 down with Charlton seemingly in full control, when that fine example of a human, Danny Mills managed to wind Aloisi up enough to get him sent off. The whole Charlton team thought it was really funny and took the mickey. It wound us up so much that it completely changed the game and we won 2-1. Charlton were relegated, and we would possibly have gone down instead of them if we had lost that game.
I remember really hating the charlton players, especially Mills and John Robinson, during that game.

Was it Peter Clarke in the cardiff game? Threw himself into a two footed lunge. After about 5 mins if i remember right. Cracking game that.

Johhny Blue

I remember really hating the charlton players, especially Mills and John Robinson, during that game.

Was it Peter Clarke in the cardiff game? Threw himself into a two footed lunge. After about 5 mins if i remember right. Cracking game that.
I thought it was Page at 2 mins

fernandopartridge

Remember that Charlton game, think Soltvedt scored the winner. Good atmosphere that day and the fans really got behind the team

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

oscillatewildly

Destined to be the shortest thread in SBT history but I'll stretch it just a little further.
Plymouth away in the cup around 1995 or '96.
Seconds before HT we give a free kick away just outside of the box and the d(offender) is dismissed (Dave Busst?) Steve Morgan, I think lashed it in and we go in 1 down and re-emerge for the 2nd half with 10 men.
Go on to win 3 -1.

ProfessorbyGrace

They were all a bit…chavvy, to be honest. But yes, those two were ‘provocative’. 🤣

The sending off, like you said, really got our players motivated. I can still remember the match itself, well, bits of it. Mainly how cold and damp it was.

DazzleTommyDazzle

As I recall, the winning goal was deflected in off Mills. Karma!

Users who are viewing this thread