Games in hand (1 Viewer)

Jamiepwns

Prefacing this with this is probably just me being incredibly thick.

So we should have 2 games in hand over the league (not including the postponements for Lizzy's funeral as no one played that week). Obviously one of those is against Wigan tonight, but they're already 2 ahead of us so will still be 2 ahead after the game.

Then there's 7 other games being played tonight, meaning at least another 14 teams will be 2 games ahead with us only having one postponement (Huddersfield) to catch up on.

Have I missed something?

shmmeee

So we should have 2 games in hand over the league (not including the postponements for Lizzy's funeral as no one played that week). Obviously one of those is against Wigan tonight, but they're already 2 ahead of us so will still be 2 ahead after the game.

Then there's 7 other games being played tonight, meaning at least another 14 teams will be 2 games ahead with us only having one postponement (Huddersfield) to catch up on.

Have I missed something?

This has been confusing me too

GIMOC

league cup is tonight. championship teams not left in it fulfilling fixtures. Luckily for us we went out early as did Wigan

Kingokings204

Have I missed something?

yes I think I can explain. I think tonight’s games are the postponements from the queens death. We already had Wigan booked in for a arranged game while the rest of the league have used this week to get that game in.

we had West Brom at home on the queens death and West Brom don’t have a game this midweek as we already had Wigan booked in. Hope this helps

shmmeee

Here’s another question: how come Sunderland play a game a week before the WC break ends but we couldn’t? Surely that would be better all round and we don’t have any players in the WC.

baldy

Have I missed something?

giphy.gif

Frostie

Have I missed something?

tumblr_lxaotgZYCv1qcz0ino1_r1_500.jpg

Samo

Some teams have played more than others but at the end of the season they will all have played the same number. ;)

Last edited:

Jamiepwns

yes I think I can explain. I think tonight’s games are the postponements from the queens death. We already had Wigan booked in for a arranged game while the rest of the league have used this week to get that game in.

we had West Brom at home on the queens death and West Brom don’t have a game this midweek as we already had Wigan booked in. Hope this helps
Looks like this is it! Didn't even contemplate teams playing those games already.

Johhny Blue

Here’s another question: how come Sunderland play a game a week before the WC break ends but we couldn’t? Surely that would be better all round and we don’t have any players in the WC.
Sunderland aren’t part of the world

Brighton Sky Blue

Simple. If they play while people are still on the toilet, nobody gets hoyed

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

We won't need are game's in hand come the end of the season.

wingy

Have I read we're planning on nipping off to Spain for a week just prior to resuming the season ?
Somewhere different this time.

robbiethemole

With 4 weeks off and a camp in Spain, it’ll be almost like a full pre-season. A chance for players like KP to get up to speed properly and maybe others to recharge and go again.
I hope it doesn’t interrupt our momentum too much, but others teams have the same issues, and we hit the ground running up to Chrimbo and New Year.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

With 4 weeks off and a camp in Spain, it’ll be almost like a full pre-season. A chance for players like KP to get up to speed properly and maybe others to recharge and go again.
I hope it doesn’t interrupt our momentum too much, but others teams have the same issues, and we hit the ground running up to Chrimbo and New Year.

KP has had more than enough time to get up to speed. I don't really see that as an excuse anymore.

Londonccfcfan

Have I missed something?
I think your over thinking it and confusing yourself

Users who are viewing this thread