Game off. (1 Viewer)

Grendel

I am so angry!! It's the first "home" game off since 1997 and only one of two games called off in all 3 top divisions. A total joke and a disgrace. Where's Timmy the Tosser??

Were you planning to go?

Noggin

'Disgrace' gets used too much these days.

Disgrace to describe being at sixfields is fair, disgrace to describe the game being off not so, it's just a symptom of the disgrace of being at sixfields and not a particularly serious symptom at this point, might become one though, especially if the pitch isn't conducive to playing the way pressley thinks most suits our team or if it starts to happen regularly.

Stafford_SkBlue

Good its off - if played it would only trash the pitch. City should had the inspection done yesterday like Peterborough (which is also off).

bigfatronssba

Good job the league approved the move to sixfields so we could fulfill our fixtures

Ashdown1

I would have been gutted almost any other year but I won't attend that shithole anyway so it makes no difference to my plans.

Ashdown1

I think promotion is possible but not probable anyway this season. If we had kept Clarke and had Wilson fit we were in with a big shout but the group have been disrupted obviously and the other new guys are only stop gaps.
Imagine the furore if we had/do gained/gain promotion anyway! Championship matches at Sixfields would be even more of a travesty !

steveo1987

It was the same all over the country though, especially the South but we seem to be in the minority cancelled !!

Northampton clay Ashdown. You want to see the state of my allotment right now . liquid mud, when it dries out, it sets like concrete.

hill83

Good. Pricks.

At least I can relax and concentrate on my bets today now.

CCFC PimpRail

Will SISUe be sueing NTFC and Sixfields for not being able to provide a playing surface....? And suppose one of the teams has to go elsewhere to allow mire time for it to heal, which one will it be...?

I bet there are alot of clubs who were approached for a groundshare (esp. Walsall & Birmingham) thinking "told you so"....

Hobo

Allotment ?? Can you grow me a nice bit of Pak Choi pal, I'm a bit partial !!

Ashdown, all you need is a 15cm deep container for Pak Choi. Get one about 2ft long and grow a row. You can either pick the leaves or slice the bulb. As long as you don't pull up the whole bulb it should re grow several times in a season.

Why not sow a row, and grow it yourself?

Otis

I don't know if you're aware that it was the wettest January in 100 years?

Yes it is. That is why there are 3 games off out of 11 in League 1. No games off out of 10 in the Championship and no games out of 11 in League 2.

How dare all these clubs put matches on after the wettest January in 100 years!!

steveo1987

Yes it is. That is why there are 3 games off out of 11 in League 1. No games off out of 10 in the Championship and no games out of 11 in League 2.

How dare all these clubs put matches on after the wettest January in 100 years!!

#sisuout
#nopm
#kcic
Just to balance it up, ccc and acl are taking the piss as well.

Astute

Stop it Otis. We have been told we are wrong.

Paxman II

I'm pleased it's off. The players brought in get time to settle and practice on the training field. Not a good time for playing Walsall right now. Physiologically Clarke will be well rid by Tuesday and new training ground tactics in place with the new faces ready to get stuck in.

Otis

According to records it was the wettest January in 100 years only in some areas. Yet another misleading media quote gets everyone on their high horse no doubt...

Yep, it was only the wettest January in 100 years in the places where it was raining!

I hope it keeps raining and every 'home' game is called off to be honest.

In fact, I am going to throw off my atheist vest and become a Christian and ask God to make it rain for 40 days and 40 nights. Maybe then we will come home to the Ricoh!

ajsccfc

You can't just ask, you have to anger him! Although you may end up with locusts instead, he's got a real variety in his mean streak.

Users who are viewing this thread