Game 2- Coventry City v Hartlepool United (Lge Cup R1) 12/08/09 (1 Viewer)

Peter Griffin

Quite a few changes forced on the side for this one, hopefully we'll come through without much of a fuss, not too worried though, it's only the league cup and I'd rather we did the business in the league.

I'll go for:

Coventry City 3 Monkeyhangers 1

Nick

Administrator
It is going to be tight with some of our main players out but it will be good to give the kids a run out. I can see it being 2-1 to us with a youngster scoring each :)

Hopefully it will make Jeff Stelling frown :)

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Coventry City 2 Hartleloose 1

Im thinking another strong attacking performance but im not sure about our defence.

Malavon

I agree with alex. 2-0 is a good score. i have faith that our defence will keep a clean sheet this time.

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Urgh what a steaming pile of crap.
No surprise though we put out a pathetic team.

Never mind though, back to the league... tis much more important !

czech_boi

Not too disappointed by the result, still enjoying the win over the tractor boys, i never knew why they were called the Monkey Hangers until i read Wikipedia, one of the best nicknames in world sport, and their mascot is H'Angus the Monkey, that is brilliant.

jpskyblue

Match was better than i expected, Hartlepool played well, and a couple of the KIDS gave decent performances, i really hope today that the focus at training is on hitting the target, we created enough chances to win, but finishing wasnt good enough. Freddie again managed to put a couple of chances 'just wide", if only they moved the goal a yard away from centre we would have a 30 goal a season striker....

At least the poor attendance meant i got to park near the ground, and was home within 30 minutes after the final whistle....

Most embarrassing thing to me was that we couldnt fill the bench, i had some boots in the car and would of been happy to borrow some kit and make the numbers up...

Users who are viewing this thread