Game 1-Coventry City vs Ipswich Town 09/08/09 (1 Viewer)

Peter Griffin

First game of the season then peeps. Thoughts? Predictions? Line-ups?

Personally I reckon McIndoe will be done in time, and reckon we'll see Ward and Wright at centre back with Clarke at right back.

I'd love to say we'll win, but I think a draw is probably most likely.

Ah, sod it. City 2 Pisswich 1

Nick

Administrator
I can see us grinding out a draw, we played some good football on Sunday against Everton so if we can carry that on we will do it I think :)

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Id love a win but knowing keano he will have them well pumped up for this game as its his first match,ill ahve to agree with nick a draw on the cards for me aswell.

SkyblueCookie

A Draw is most likely Imo
I dont think any side is either nearly win
It will eithe be draw or one of the sides will absolutely run away with it
Personally i recon
Cov - 4
Ips - 1

Nick

Administrator
Westwood has put in his interview that he thinks Ipswich will be playing at 100mph so he will be on his toes he thinks.

At least that shows he will still be here to be on his toes :)

czech_boi

I am pumped, i am in Melbourne Australia and this game is televised on my cable company at 9:30pm Sunday night, hopefully i can start my working week in a good mood

SWSkyBlue

Facebook User
I'm in sunny Bristol, taken the stick from my neighbours, now ready in front of the tv ready for what could be a good start to the season, come on City!!

Peter Griffin

First game of the season then peeps. Thoughts? Predictions? Line-ups?

Personally I reckon McIndoe will be done in time, and reckon we'll see Ward and Wright at centre back with Clarke at right back.

I'd love to say we'll win, but I think a draw is probably most likely.

Ah, sod it. City 2 Pisswich 1

You all owe me a Coke! :D:D:D

I just got home, had to go to my inlaws place on the way home. Thought we were lucky to be honest, we fell away badly in the second half. Thought Van Aanholt looked very good, very raw but there's real class there. Clingan was top draw, can't believe some idiot phoned CWR and said we missed Doyle! Nothing further from the truth.

Roll on the next game!

czech_boi

absolutely delighted we got the win, even more so that i was able to watch it in Melbourne. I thought van aanholt was brilliant, the way he moved his hips to glide past defenders was brilliant. Linked up beautifully with McIndoe on the side we have always struggled on.

Very lucky in the second half, i can recall three times atleast Ipswich were flagged offside but on the replay were clearly on, also Turner was very lucky not to give away a penalty. That being said it was nice to finally get the rub of the green for a change.

Suddenly, the season is not looking so bleak.

Users who are viewing this thread