Gallagher retail park (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Once you are finally released from the junction, do not turn right too soon - or you’ll end up travelling directly into oncoming traffic. If you see other motorists do this, don’t try and help. It’s too late for them. The junction has them now.

Yup.

My mum did that early on and seen quite a few others too.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

And cause a nice jam on the motorway in the process.
Stupid planners we etc, business lobbies etc
What is the purpose of a road if not to get you there ?
No maybe not but to divert you to intrusive retail outlets etc.
Malfunction junction A45 comes to mind .
Take a perfectly good simple cross roads arrangement and turn it into a 3-4 minute manoeuvre .
Crap is what it is .

Broad Lane went the opposite way and is just as much a nightmare if not more. The roundabout is no better than the old junction and has led to a few crashes. It was initially changed from a roundabout to the junction after a kid was run over on it.

IMO if a roundabout at any point requires the use of traffic lights to manage the flow it shouldn't be a roundabout. Completely negates the point of them.

wingy

Broad Lane went the opposite way and is just as much a nightmare if not more. The roundabout is no better than the old junction and has led to a few crashes. It was initially changed from a roundabout to the junction after a kid was run over on it.

IMO if a roundabout at any point requires the use of traffic lights to manage the flow it shouldn't be a roundabout. Completely negates the point of them.
Still have them on the A46 M40 junction even after all the slip round entry/exit improvents utterly negated the need for them.
Rediculous.🙄

chiefdave

They've added them on the Peugeot / BP island and its an accident waiting to happen.

They turn on and off at random times but the biggest problem is they're only a few metres on from pedestrian crossing. Artics come flying down the A45 and see the green light at the crossing and assume they're good to and by the time they realise there's a red for the roundabout its too late for them to stop.

D

Deleted member 4439

In fairness, the designers did build in the crashes. See around 15.20 onwards (two white cars collide).

CJ_covblaze

Some of the roads around here are atrocious. Potholes are getting more and more abundant. Having to swerve away from the kerb a lot when I’m out on my bike to avoid damage and crashing. Another thing I’ve noticed is loads of these small gas canisters around. Gone over a few. Good job I’m running tubeless tires! Had a few put holes in them.

Users who are viewing this thread