Gael Bigirimana (1 Viewer)

Last night this kid ran the show in midfield. Always found space, always picked the right pass and never gave the ball away :p......roll on january when we sell him for 12K + a further 12K when hes made 100 international caps :(

rob9872

Read the Leamington thread mate - plenty already raving about him on there too.

Agree with what you say and I've gone a bit ott too, but we should try not to get ahead of ourselves. It was only Leamington and easy to shine among so many poor performances.

CovInEssex

He's a class act, and it's not about who hes played against. Compare him with our own players.

Definitely an improvement.

pusbccfc

Young, similar STYLE (not as good as) to messi

Si80

He's a class act, and it's not about who hes played against. Compare him with our own players.

Definitely an improvement.

IF (and it's a big if) Gunnarsson had stayed, and Deegan could stay fit for more than 45 mins we wouldn't even see him on the pitch this season.

Class act? No not yet. Ability to be? Maybe if he gets game time. He was good against Nuneaton and I came away thinking we had uncovered a gem. But he was poor against Hinckley and that was noted by AT because he quickly came out and said all of the young lads needed to stop believe the interwebz / papers about them being worldbeaters after the Nuneaton game.

If he gets 20 games under his belt this year then NEXT year we could be saying "Gunnarwho"? But I think theirs a lot of blowing smoke up his arse at the moment and people getting way too carried away on the back of a performance or two.

Also, same style as Messi?!?! WTF? Other than them both being small that's about the only thing they have in common....

CovInEssex

Also, same style as Messi?!?! WTF? Other than them both being small that's about the only thing they have in common....

Exactly what I thought. They don't even play in the same position!

However, it's clear to see he has the ability. His composure on the ball and the fact he's picked out >10 defence splitting paces in 4 games shows enough for me to offer him a contract.

Si80

However, it's clear to see he has the ability. His composure on the ball and the fact he's picked out >10 defence splitting paces in 4 games shows enough for me to offer him a contract.

Yep. Agreed, and hopefully it's a contract for a fair few years (4+ would be nice) with a substantial buyout clause. I'd be offering the same to Conor Thomas too.

Rocks

If he does turn out to be a top player and shines along with Jutkiewicz.....

.....we're gonna have to come up with one hell of a song!!!

pusbccfc

Well, from what I saw of the nuneaton game, (only pre season I have been to due to family bereavement) I saw saw his passing ability and shooting pace height, free kick, was in the same way as messi plays.
And position wise, gael plays CDM messi plays CAM where I think gael would be better of as...

Nonleagueherewecome

Ladies don't get over excited!! He'll be playing non league like all the rest within a few years.

That really is a ridiculous thing to say. You obviously haven't seen him play.

blueflint

give youth a chance along with some experienced players could work for us i hope so :confused::confused:

SkyBlue_Bear83

So you who have seen him play, where do you see him playing in the team long term CDM, CM or CAM. I was thinking if he turns out to be a good CAM playing in the role Sheffers did at the end of the season this may allow Sheffers to move up front with Juke. What is his dribbling ability like?

Nonleagueherewecome

So you who have seen him play, where do you see him playing in the team long term CDM, CM or CAM. I was thinking if he turns out to be a good CAM playing in the role Sheffers did at the end of the season this may allow Sheffers to move up front with Juke. What is his dribbling ability like?

There's reams about him in the Leamington thread. http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/10014-leamington/page6

As I say there, he moves well and could take his man on more, but that's not really the type of player he is (yet). The Messi comparisons are completely wide of the mark. Sammy Jnr, Delph, Reo Coker, Essien, Scholes without the goals maybe. But not Messi.

That said, there were times when watching him that reminded me of the scenes in "Escape To Victory" where Pele and Ossie are just doing whatever they want :D

Tommy Pitera

I am a city fan, I've also seen this a million times before. If it's all the same with you lot I'll save my ejaculate for when he's actually proved himself.

ccfctommy

He's kind of got a point.

Wern't that long ago people were goping on about Stuart Giddings and Kevin Thornton!

Tommy Pitera

Oh here we go, smiley getting all menstrual because I won't follow the pack.

Look I hope the lad does do it, lets be honest we've got no other option. But he's not played against anyone yet, pre season and competitive games are massively different.

As previously stated we've been here too many times before so sorry if my not getting over excited offends you.

shmmeee

Look I hope the lad does do it, lets be honest we've got no other option. But he's not played against anyone yet, pre season and competitive games are massively different.

As previously stated we've been here too many times before so sorry if my not getting over excited offends you.

Thing is baseless positivity has a positive impact on the club as a whole, just as baseless negativity has a detrimental effect.

Your attitude is scarily similar to those who were booing the likes of Clarke last season for every misplaced pass. Kids need encouragement and understanding that they are still learning the game. I just hope City fans are smart enough to realise that.

covcity4life

Thing is baseless positivity has a positive impact on the club as a whole, just as baseless negativity has a detrimental effect.

Your attitude is scarily similar to those who were booing the likes of Clarke last season for every misplaced pass. Kids need encouragement and understanding that they are still learning the game. I just hope City fans are smart enough to realise that.

noone booed clarke last season

you sound like someone who never tells their kids off,your kids are ASBO chavs infact

les_miserables

Football fans never cease to amaze. This Gael lad is a kid looking to break through into first team football, i have never seen him play but by all accounts he looks good and has promise, can't ask for anything more st this stage. To compare him with Messi has to be the biggest joke ever. We have a number of youngsters knocking the door now, Clarke, Thomas, Ruffles and this kid and hopefully a few more, if one makes it we have done well, two or more is utopia. All the big names start this way, Rooney, Drogba, Gerrard, etc, etc, etc. Lets give them a chance, but i suspect there are fans waiting with baited breathe to slag them off, sad bastards.

The Reverend Skyblue

covcity4life on this forum and the old 606 i have never understood one of your posts.
You always get verbally offensive the moment someone has a different opinion, and the shite you come out with makes me cringe with embarressment.
What exactly are you on

The Rev
No doubt you're get offensive with me, but for fecks sake man re-read your posts,its total bollox

smileycov

Facebook User

not at all, have your own opinion of course. its your negative anti city vibe i was refering too......majority of your posts are negative or vile.

Users who are viewing this thread