Gael Bigirimana and Cyrus Christie (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Am

Really impressive debuts by the youngster look like very good prospects no where near the final product just hope we can keep hold of them with our wafer thin squad already looks like Thorn will be using the youth a lot this season....

PVA

Biggie was absolutely outstanding. Genuinely don't remember him misplacing a single pass.

Christie did well, but seemed a little scared to get forward and run at his man. When he did he was dangerous, just looked a bit nervous to get forward too much. Very encouraging debut though.

mattylad

Really impressive debuts by the youngster look like very good prospects no where near the final product just hope we can keep hold of them with our wafer thin squad already looks like Thorn will be using the youth a lot this season....
<br />
<br />
i agree with your excellently scripted post

ccfcrob

the kids were brilliant by far our best players so the future in that aspect does look good providing we can keep hold of them

He has no choice, i believe they earnt their starting place on merit, just seems a shame we can only develop defenders or defensive midfielders, we need someone with a driving force, eiether up front or out wide.

RansonRarrr

Totally agree, Gael in particular is showing signs of great potential. With game time and experience they'll be great for us.

My only slight worry about Gael is that he's so tiny he gets knocked off the ball but he works his ass off and is a great team player.

Considering we were playing against a
£10 million pound team I feel we did ok.

But we are in desperate need of a new striker, sorry for stating the obvious but we just can't rely on Jukebox alone.

Also - didn't Gael win man of the match?

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
They did really well against what is supposedly the best team in this division - I think Bigirimana will play in the prem some day. While he played well today I still think he can play much better.

Nick

Administrator
My mate who is a Leicester fan couldnt believe bigi was a youth teamer and asked where we bought him, he ran the show in the first half and was spraying passes just like Clingan was.

I agree about him being pushed of though :( He was unlucky not to score, was a fiery shot he had from outside the box!

Nonleagueherewecome

Did their best and are cracking prospects-but not ready for the first team, as much mentally as footballers. They are boys, not men, and need better decision making, composure an positioning to be able to play regulatly at this level. They both looked very unsure of themselves after we went down to 10 men- and that goal just knocked the stuffing out of us. Christie needs to improve his passing, Gael needs teaching how to tackle.

Not writing them off at all, some of their contributions were our best play, it's just they're going to be doing all their learning whilst in the first team-and that could break them. They're bound to make mistakes. It's not fair on them.

Last edited:

Marty

impressed with both of them, both look composed and that Bigi can knock it around well. When we play the lesser sides I think Bigi will make the difference.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Have to say I was impressed with the potential of these two young men. Gael was a little lightweight in the tackle and to begin with Cyrus a little nervous going forward but hell I feel I am being a little churlish mentioning the negatives because both had very decent debuts and were by no means 2nd to anyone else on the pitch. Both were very definitely positives for the future of our club. Well done

Users who are viewing this thread