Funny Manager Moments? (1 Viewer)

skybluedude

What is the funniest or most cringe worthy mistake or tactical misjudgement you have seen a manager do in the Coventry dug-out. My personal favorite was when Iain Dowie got us playing long ball football to Mifsud :claping hands:

ccfcway

morrell, scowcroft, adebola, mifsud, all asked to play on the wing

Lee Sawyer playing at all

Leaving Ben Turner on when he was injured against Leeds and we never saw him again

Selling Ben Turner and getting Cody

De Zeew, Sherwood, O'Neil, Joachim

O'Hallorhan, our left back problems are solved !

Still not having a proflic striker, Mifsud was the closest we had recently

NEVER having wingers who can beat a man and get you off your seat

Reese Brown

Morcombe :facepalm:

Charton 1-4 - "this wont happen again"

"getting someone better than Healy"

"Micky Adams isnt happy" said Micky Adams

The Marlon Kind saga

Text a sub

I could go on, but really cant bothered

Sick Boy

When Micky Adams was in charge and we won 2-1 away at Barnsley.

Adams makes a change and we score twice to win 2-1, with the substitute Wayne Andrew getting the winner. Just before Andrews came on, our knowledgeable and informed fans chanted 'you don't know what you're doing to Adams'. As Adams leaves the pinch he cups his ear to the supporters, even then, some of the sensitive souls took offence, again showing they can dish it out but can't take it.

It goes to show that whatever the majority of ours fans think, the opposite is usually the correct option.

Sick Boy

strachan signing Moldovan then deciding never to play him

When Dublin & Huckerby were on fire?

Also, I am sure that Moldovan was brought to the club by Richardson who then told Strachan he had signed Moldovan for him.

Grendel

When Micky Adams was in charge and we won 2-1 away at Barnsley.

Adams makes a change and we score twice to win 2-1, with the substitute Wayne Andrew getting the winner. Just before Andrews came on, our knowledgeable and informed fans chanted 'you don't know what you're doing to Adams'. As Adams leaves the pinch he cups his ear to the supporters, even then, some of the sensitive souls took offence, again showing they can dish it out but can't take it.

It goes to show that whatever the majority of ours fans think, the opposite is usually the correct option.

Yes that was a classic. Ultimately it did for Adams. Fans were texting like fury baying for his head that day. Never did perfect the cheery wave did he?

Grendel

When Dublin & Huckerby were on fire?

Also, I am sure that Moldovan was brought to the club by Richardson who then told Strachan he had signed Moldovan for him.

Correct. Also the same for Zuniga and those 2 other central american players that turned up and definately poor old Evotschuck or whatever his name was.

Real

That was against Middlesbrough, dean gordan scored from 30 yards cus hedman couldn't move

Strachan said afterwards that he'd asked Hedman if he wanted to come off and he said he was fine. They then interviewed Hedman and related what Strachan had said, Hedman sighed and said "I told the manager I couldn't carry on".

Brighton Sky Blue

Home to Blackpool under Coleman-we persist with a 4-5-1 throughout the game, despite Blackpool having a man sent off and then taking the lead. We switch to 4-4-2 on 75 minutes and equalise through an OG-summed up the man's tactics in a nutshell.

Users who are viewing this thread