funny feeling (1 Viewer)

ricohman

Ive a funny feeling no matter whos in charge that come the start of the season we will be playing at the ricoh with a strong crowd after the bullshit summer were going to have watching this mess unravel.

I do believe even if sisu are in charge that there will be some sort of unwarrented sympathy towards them once the season starts because everyone will be glad they done a deal with acl.

Nick

Administrator
It was the same at the end of last year when we were apparently moving but then turned up back at the Ricoh.

I have a feeling it is one big game of poker with a lot of bluffing going on.

Mucca Mad Boys

I can't see CCFC having an average crowd of more than 13k, even without SISU and in the RICOH, despite the hype around boycotters, I think that people don't care about their football club and the club doesn't have drawing appeal as it once did (or ever did (in my time). I do hope that every one comes back and there's at least half an atmosphere for home games, but, realistically, no.

Here's to a good season coming up.

Lord_Nampil

Acl have said they will only speak to ltd, if sisu buy bk ltd then surely as sisu will own ltd ACL will have to speak to sisu ?

Buster

Sisu will sell to the highest bidder , as long as that figure is north of what joy has in her head . We will be back at the Ricoh , my winter Saturday's are sorted once more and I will be a very very very happy man ! That happy I just might kiss the wife and take her out somewhere special.(when I find out where the first away game is!)

oakey

I can't see CCFC having an average crowd of more than 13k, even without SISU and in the RICOH, despite the hype around boycotters, I think that people don't care about their football club and the club doesn't have drawing appeal as it once did (or ever did (in my time). I do hope that every one comes back and there's at least half an atmosphere for home games, but, realistically, no.

Here's to a good season coming up.
That's because you cannot remember beyond a decade.
With positive owners CCFC could build slowly and if promotion was achieved the average gate would rise to 15k and beyond. It is about stability and slow progress. SISU will achieve the opposite.

Mucca Mad Boys

That's because you cannot remember beyond a decade.
With positive owners CCFC could build slowly and if promotion was achieved the average gate would rise to 15k and beyond. It is about stability and slow progress. SISU will achieve the opposite.

Before relegation, attendances were dropping, which suggests CCFC hasn't had a drawing factor for at least a generation, so I'm not sure what you're getting at?

The scenario given wasn't if we get promoted... It's relevant to this season. Which reminds me, given that the vast majority of people who attended but now don't site SISU as the main reason (if not the only reason) they don't go anymore, so based on that, you'd expect 14-15k (minimum) average attendance after SISU leave.

oakey

Before relegation, attendances were dropping, which suggests CCFC hasn't had a drawing factor for at least a generation, so I'm not sure what you're getting at?

The scenario given wasn't if we get promoted... It's relevant to this season. Which reminds me, given that the vast majority of people who attended but now don't site SISU as the main reason (if not the only reason) they don't go anymore, so based on that, you'd expect 14-15k (minimum) average attendance after SISU leave.
I am getting at the fact that we could be a successful club and get higher attendances if the club is making progress, on an upward trajectory, something, by your own admission, you have no experience of. I assure you it is possible as countless other clubs have shown.
To your last point..about expecting 14-15k minimum:
No, as that is not what I said

Mucca Mad Boys

I am getting at the fact that we could be a successful club and get higher attendances if the club is making progress, on an upward trajectory, something, by your own admission, you have no experience of. I assure you it is possible as countless other clubs have shown.
To your last point..about expecting 14-15k minimum:
No, as that is not what I said

Interesting, you thought to lecture me about fans not needing an excuse not to go anymore, but given that the majority of fans who no longer go blame SISU (how many people have come on here and blamed something other than SISU for non-attendance!?) so if all of those people who longer go came back when SISU go, you'd be looking at 14-15k minimum, but we both know that won't happen, so, are people using SISU as an excuse not to go? I think, yes, people wouldn't care about the evils of SISU if we were in premiership, or doing decent in the championship for that matter.

Whilst I have supported the club whilst in rapid decline, I still know what gets bums on seats, I personally think we'll be looking at 18-20k average attendance in the first season Cov got promoted to the Championship, with or without SISU, in fact, if we were top 6 I'd expect 15k attendance and top 3 pushing 20 in L1, with or without SISU, for example, 15k v Shrewsbury, had we won, we may have got a better turnout for the next game.

Greggs

Sisu will sell to the highest bidder , as long as that figure is north of what joy has in her head . We will be back at the Ricoh , my winter Saturday's are sorted once more and I will be a very very very happy man ! That happy I just might kiss the wife and take her out somewhere special.(when I find out where the first away game is!)

I kiss my wife somewhere special, then go the match with my mates.

RFC

Ive a funny feeling no matter whos in charge that come the start of the season we will be playing at the ricoh with a strong crowd after the bullshit summer were going to have watching this mess unravel. <br />
<br />
I do believe even if sisu are in charge that there will be some sort of unwarrented sympathy towards them once the season starts because everyone will be glad they done a deal with acl.
<br />
<br />

oakey

Interesting, you thought to lecture me about fans not needing an excuse not to go anymore, but given that the majority of fans who no longer go blame SISU (how many people have come on here and blamed something other than SISU for non-attendance!?) so if all of those people who longer go came back when SISU go, you'd be looking at 14-15k minimum, but we both know that won't happen, so, are people using SISU as an excuse not to go? I think, yes, people wouldn't care about the evils of SISU if we were in premiership, or doing decent in the championship for that matter.

Whilst I have supported the club whilst in rapid decline, I still know what gets bums on seats, I personally think we'll be looking at 18-20k average attendance in the first season Cov got promoted to the Championship, with or without SISU, in fact, if we were top 6 I'd expect 15k attendance and top 3 pushing 20 in L1, with or without SISU, for example, 15k v Shrewsbury, had we won, we may have got a better turnout for the next game.
Too many assumptions in there for me to unravel.
I don't think our fans need any more excuses not to go. Fans have to see some hope and aspiration. We were in decline before SISU but they have drained the life out of what was left. There is no chance we will be in the top half whilst our current owners remain so your point is hypothetical. They have no idea how to turn the club around and should never have got involved.

oakey

If sisu win
I can only see a big black hole where we will disapear down:(
if they build a new ground they will own the lot and not ccfc.
Ah but we must be grateful that we will still have a club and gather in a non league stadium to watch a non league team or be berated for being glory hunters who deserted the club.

rupert_bear

I predict if we are at home August the 3rd no matter who owns us, if we play as i think we will at the Ricoh the gate will be well over 20k.

oakey

I won't support a club with no ambition
Ah, there's the rub
Ambition, aspiration, dreaming of glory. What being a football fan is all about.
A football fan, by definition, has to believe, have faith, otherwise it's just 22 geezers kicking a ball about a piece of grass. Old fashioned, no doubt, but without the "dream" football actually is what my old mum used to see, ie. A bunch of overgrown schoolboys chasing a ball. She couldn't see what I saw in it as a youngster.
Without the dream that we could win something, have that rush, she was right after all.
The money men have stolen it.
I'm not prepared to pay the ransom, which means to give up the dream in return for, shut up at least you still have a club, support them or you're a traitor.

Users who are viewing this thread