Funny comparison (1 Viewer)

Happy_Martian

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but has anyone else noticed that our current positive form is based at the back primarily by 3 of last season's key Barnsley players ? Collins, Thomas and Kitching were all part of their lacklustre season in League One but this season, they've come together and have really made our defence pretty rocksteady. Not discounting the efforts of the other 8 starters but it did tickle me a bit at how all three have risen to the task they've been given.

Wonder if we can "rob" any other League One clubs of key players for our continued assault in the Championship ?

Happy_Martian

They missed out on promotion in the 123rd minute!

Okay, I got it wrong. Again. Sorry, I'll go hide in the corner and shut up :rolleyes:

Seems everyone on here wants to have a shot at me so congrats, you're the straw that broke the camel's back. Back to lurker mode.

NorthernWisdom

Okay, I got it wrong. Again. Sorry, I'll go hide in the corner and shut up :rolleyes:

Seems everyone on here wants to have a shot at me so congrats, you're the straw that broke the camel's back. Back to lurker mode.
Wtf? You made a statement, I pointed out (politely!) it was nonsense! Talk about throwing your toys out the pram!

I mean what do you want me to say, that missing out on promotion having had the better of the game despite being down to 10 men was indeed lacklustre? Would that sate your ego if I agreed with you even if what you put down is absolute bollocks?

shmmeee

Wtf? You made a statement, I pointed out (politely!) it was nonsense! Talk about throwing your toys out the pram!

I mean what do you want me to say, that missing out on promotion having had the better of the game despite being down to 10 men was indeed lacklustre? Would that sate your ego if I agreed with you even if what you put down is absolute bollocks?

He’s in the other thread claiming maybe we have Hamer away for nowt and giving it the same cry bullying.

covmark

Oh dear. Haven't seen a flounce for a while. You should be like me and disappear into the shadows quietly.

shepardo01

Nah, that was Bolton!

(Although you are right about Collins not being in, they had some geezer from Charlton)
Thought it was Trafford... Knew they had a loan keeper in. Should have done better for the (winning - I think) goal at Wembley - can't think who it was now!!!.....

shepardo01

Sorry, I meant a gezer from Luton, he's at Charlton now!

Not that I can remember his actual name, and to Google would be cheating...
Yep... trying not to Google it myself!....
Now you mention Luton... Wasn't Horvarth on loan to them?...
Young lad I think...sod it ..I'm googling!

Astute

If you keep shooting at people they end up shooting back 🤣🤣🤣

harvey098

Keep posting mate. I don’t think the reply to you was personal, just pointing it out. Most people on here seem like decent folk. Hope you’re having a lovely festive time

skybluecam

It’s quite easy to see why the three of them are a bit all or nothing. Both of our centrebacks are very comfortable on the ball and do take risks. Same with Collins as well. When it’s working, it’s great and gives the team a lot but it goes downhill very quickly when it goes wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread