Funeral Wreaths (1 Viewer)

Cigarfingers

If we had enough people willing to go, lay flowers, scarfs, flags etc then there would be no doubt. A few mentions to Cwr, midlands today etc and I’m sure it would get coverage. It just needs a decent amount of us to be willing to go and do it! Providing we had a substantial turn out then the effect would be huge.
And yes I know it’s not only the council before someone says it but then we could maybe recreate it at SISU HQ & even the EFL’s HQ!
Joined up thinking and a concerted effort to show just what they are doing.

It needs doing either at the council or maybe at the Ricoh on a match day!

CJ_covblaze

I’m not suggesting we turn up at the Council meeting and kick off. I’m not sure what we’d do when we’re there tbh. It might just be sitting there with scarves. That can be decided when numbers are established. I know no one is there on Saturday. The idea of laying the flowers, scarves and other stuff there on that day is symbolic of that being the day our games should be played and due to a decision that was made 4 years ago we’re not playing on that day. It’s also pointing out that it’s looking increasingly likely that there’s only 1 more Saturday home game left in Coventry.

Nick

Administrator
I still think the element of surprise works. A way to get people talking and taking pictures like they did when that ccfc advert went up.

CJ_covblaze

I still think the element of surprise works. A way to get people talking and taking pictures like they did when that ccfc advert went up.

I agree. It’s better for it to be a surprise. The problem is how do we get people to know about it without alerting those who we’re trying to surprise?

Cigarfingers

I agree. It’s better for it to be a surprise. The problem is how do we get people to know about it without alerting those who we’re trying to surprise?

Good question.

Does it have to be a surprise tho? If we have the numbers involved surly it won’t matter if they know it’s coming?? I don’t know how we can arrange it for maximum effect and keep it secret

johnb

Let's do it. Who's in?

I’m in.

I also notice on Coventry City Council website under calendar of meetings that on Thursday 21 March, 2.00 pm Ann Lucas will be in attendance for a meeting at the Earl Street Counciil house. I cannot find a meeting where Duggins is in attendance.

ccfcrob

I like the idea of being in the public gallery, all in colours scarfs etc. They cannot chuck us out (of course they will be unhappy). Make a bit of racket and go back to do it all over again. The council have got away with this for ages and I feared that i was the only one who thought that. Every time i mention it on Twitter some twat bleats SISU OUT

johnb

The Save our Sky Blues advertisement van just passed the Earl Of Mercia Spoons outside the council house. Looks great. 'Really stands out

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It would get some coverage definitely. I'd have three though - one outside the council house, one outside the Ricoh and one outside SISU offices.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Thing is we dont want to spread out too thinly so its only a few at each. Maybe we should lay flowers at Jimmy Hills statue on Friday night then saturday at the council house at 3pm

I was talking more about just the laying of the wreaths so they just seemed to appear, but make it so that someone is sure to post a picture of them on social media etc to get people talking.

Or how about a bit of guerilla art, Banksy style? Three same stencils on all three locations? Something like a boy kicking a football with men in suits removing the 'goalposts' (jumpers)?

letsallsingtogether

I was talking more about just the laying of the wreaths so they just seemed to appear, but make it so that someone is sure to post a picture of them on social media etc to get people talking.

Or how about a bit of guerilla art, Banksy style? Three same stencils on all three locations? Something like a boy kicking a football with men in suits removing the 'goalposts' (jumpers)?
Doing the Ricoh the night before is a waste of time they will just remove them straight away.
That is what they did when we ribboned it.
Need to do it in front of their fans need a few hundred though to show that we care.
Choose a game post it on here Facebook and Twitter and see what sort of take up we can expect.

Users who are viewing this thread