Full Site or Forum Only? (1 Viewer)

Should Sky Blues Talk be a full site or just a forum?

• Let's make it a full site packed with info

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • Nah, keep it simple with just a forum

Votes: 20 55.6%

• Total voters

Nick

Administrator
With the forum software this site uses there is the option of making it a full site, this means it would have articles on the homepage, videos, polls etc and be more than just a forum.

Every member potentially has their own blog and image gallery too so we could make it a lot more powerful.

We might need some help with writing articles and keeping things up to date though.

What do you lot think?

hill83

If it doesn't affect the speed of the forum you might as well go for it.

We'll need a 'Rant Corner' though.

Steve1974

I am happy as it is. But if you did go for the full site I would still use it.

Sawyer

Most people dont use full sites in my experience, they tab the forum as a favourite and go straight there.

elephanttears

If it isn't broke don't fix it!

Would be good though if there were some games we could play, maybe like controlling a man with a chainsaw chasing Tim Fisher. Just a thought.

Johnnythespider

As long as the forum doesn't suffer i don't see why not. Is it something you want to do Nick ?

Covstu

nice idea but I think it would take you a lot of time and effort to update. I think your already stretched maintaining this site rather than expand it.

Paxman II

Can't say. It sounds a good idea but then I'm not so sure?

Can I suggest you drop the multitude of forums to say just a couple?

That way you would find it easier to manage the new idea and if you look at the stats everyone prefers to post everything in the one forum we are all mostly on? (this one) You have a forum for SISU crap yet it's all on here. That way people would check out the two forums and spend time to look at the other content.

So yeah make it a couple of forums and then expand the content on site.
I'd be happy to write the odd article.

Users who are viewing this thread