Full Capacity protocol (1 Viewer)

ThievingScally

I'm going to suggest that attendances for the next couple of home games might be decent - and its possible that the one after that could be a record breaker. I might even think that next year could see quite a lot of big attendances.

Whenever I've been to the Ricoh/CBS for a well attended game (thinking Crewe/Leeds) - the arena hasn't really coped. The transport infrastructure/turnstiles/catering - always seems to fall apart if we go above 22K.

Have the club/arena thought about how they're going to manage if we suddenly start getting 28K+?! Did it work ok for Lionesses?

TSx

Grendel

Yeah I’m always a bit conflicted about big attendances. Ballache getting around and attracts the moaners - the atmosphere at Stoke felt off from the start.

Quite happy if the attendances were just around the 16 mark (not 16 thousand, just 16 is fine).

What a bizarre comment

WestEndAgro

I'm going to suggest that attendances for the next couple of home games might be decent - and its possible that the one after that could be a record breaker. I might even think that next year could see quite a lot of big attendances.

Whenever I've been to the Ricoh/CBS for a well attended game (thinking Crewe/Leeds) - the arena hasn't really coped. The transport infrastructure/turnstiles/catering - always seems to fall apart if we go above 22K.

Have the club/arena thought about how they're going to manage if we suddenly start getting 28K+?! Did it work ok for Lionesses?

TSx
The train station was absolute carnage, seemed fine inside and outside the ground.
Huge amount of catering available, way more than a normal Matchday

Flying Fokker

Yeah I’m always a bit conflicted about big attendances. Ballache getting around and attracts the moaners - the atmosphere at Stoke felt off from the start.

Quite happy if the attendances were just around the 16 mark (not 16 thousand, just 16 is fine).
One minor point. The game was shit!

Londonccfcfan

What is actually our full capacity???

Has it officially been de rated to under 30k. Seeming as we Safety committee dobt allow more than 4k away. With about 2.5k segregation minimum.
Add the not for sale seats in singers corner.

Flying Fokker

Has it officially been de rated to under 30k. Seeming as we Safety committee dobt allow more than 4k away. With about 2.5k segregation minimum.
32605? Without covers/segregation. So maybe 30-31k?

Sky Blue Pete

5k away
Block 13 not currently open as not needed if needed suspect it could be used
So 32409 less 1000 current capacity

letsallsingtogether

If they want to moan they should have gone to QPR that bottom Concourse struggles to told 250, fuck me it was tight bit like Brum.

SkyBlueCharlie9

If they want to moan they should have gone to QPR that bottom Concourse struggles to told 250, fuck me it was tight bit like Brum.
QPR lower teir 'concourse' was a dark narrow tunnel. An accident waiting to happen. Reminded me a bit of the good old west terrace.
The smoke filled bogs were a worry too.

letsallsingtogether

QPR lower teir 'concourse' was a dark narrow tunnel. An accident waiting to happen. Reminded me a bit of the good old west terrace.
The smoke filled bogs were a worry too.
Funny that they had a smoking area outside.

pusbccfc

You can tell some people aren't used to big crowds with the CBS.

If you go to any event, with any full capacity, it's difficult to get in and out. It takes a while to go for a beer or to the toilet. It takes a while to get a bus or train back.

Singers corner is at full capacity and is never an issue for a beer or the toilet. A 5 min queue to get in should not be an issue as long as people don't turn up at 2:55.

The only thing we should be worrying about is the SAG and ensuring every Coventry fan, up to 29,500 of them, can get in. If segregation has to be 3 columns of seats and a line of officers, then so be it. If we have to limit away fans to 3000, good.

chiefdave

You can tell some people aren't used to big crowds with the CBS.

If you go to any event, with any full capacity, it's difficult to get in and out. It takes a while to go for a beer or to the toilet. It takes a while to get a bus or train back.
There's a difference between an acceptable delay and the absolute shit show every time there's a big crowd. We've had multiple games in the past where kick off has been delayed or there's been large crowds still outside at kick off. And away from the football there's been multiple events that have made the national news for how badly organised they were

Last weekend there was about 2K people up there for the tennis and even at an event like that there was issues

bigfatronssba

Haven't some of the concerts had about 50k in there?

We might find out against Birmingham anyway. I'm not sure if its been mentioned on here but ticket sales for that game are looking very good

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

There's a difference between an acceptable delay and the absolute shit show every time there's a big crowd. We've had multiple games in the past where kick off has been delayed or there's been large crowds still outside at kick off. And away from the football there's been multiple events that have made the national news for how badly organised they were

Last weekend there was about 2K people up there for the tennis and even at an event like that there was issues

Spot on. The rare time we have had crowds of over 24,000, the stadium has descended into disorganised carnage. There’s been 3 to a seat in Block 17, people stood in the stairway making it difficult for people to get to their seat, 40 minute queues for a pint, massive queues at the turnstiles and a dead atmosphere.

With our decent amount of ST sales from Block 14 - 20, for Birmingham hopefully we can just shove all the twice a seasons in the North Stand and fence them off in the concourse.

Users who are viewing this thread