Full and frank fiscussipn (2 Viewers)

rupert_bear

Mark Robins said after Saturdays match a behind closed doors full and frank discussion was held, so had you been there what would you have said ? Be serious and put the cup to one side. For Me I would simply be saying I and I suspect most of us don’t believe the way we are asked to play, too negative and invites the opposition on to us. Go a goal down apart from two or three games we don’t win. This has gone on most of the season. The facts are there.

Esoterica

I'd have told him to look at his own tactics. We've ended at least 6 of our defeats with at least one defensive midfielder still on the pitch and that's just a quick finger count. (I had to use my 2nd hand too). You can't play a form team and autos challenger like Accrington with 2 players rushed back from injury, at least 2 clearly suffering from illness, while also making changes on both wings.

oucho

I'd ask why a squad place and wage were being invested in Beavon who appears to add nothing. Another player on his salary could be another option for us an attacking asset, not just a passenger.

Esoterica

I'd ask why a squad place and wage were being invested in Beavon who appears to add nothing. Another player on his salary could be another option for us an attacking asset, not just a passenger.
You can't move players if no-one wants to sign them. He's scoring plenty in the U23s, just like Ponticelli. Anyone in our team that relies on regular service to score, hasn't scored. The question should not be about individual players but why we are utilising tactics that the squad Robins assembled is ill equipped for.

oucho

You can't move players if no-one wants to sign them. He's scoring plenty in the U23s, just like Ponticelli. Anyone in our team that relies on regular service to score, hasn't scored. The question should not be about individual players but why we are utilising tactics that the squad Robins assembled is ill equipped for.

We got shot of Kwame so that shows it can be done. And the 'scoring lots in the U23s' remark is all too reminiscent of Cody's (or was it ROD's?) 'scoring lots in training' praise. Ominous, really, and irrelevant.

And hey, I can raise any topic i like, this is a full and frank fiscussipn.

hill83

Fiscussipn

latest

I’d be saying.

“GET GOOD”

D

Deleted member 2477

Id be asking why we have the most negative, moaning fickle fans in the league

Esoterica

We got shot of Kwame so that shows it can be done. And the 'scoring lots in the U23s' remark is all too reminiscent of Cody's (or was it ROD's?) 'scoring lots in training' praise. Ominous, really, and irrelevant.

Big difference between releasing a 22 year old so he can join the club he's been playing for on loan vs shipping out a 33 year old that has barely played first team football for 5 months.

Wasn't meant as praise that he's scoring in the U23s either but it's what several people point at when they want Ponticelli included. Neither of them have looked like scoring in the league when they've played and nor does Biamou. For me it's too much of a sweeping dismissal to suggest that they are all not good enough. We need to adjust tactics depending on which strikers we play, and we simply don't. Instead we just shoehorn them into our 'plan a'

italiahorse

Sorry lads but you did your best.
I know this is a league above you older players ability level but you are all I can afford without proper owner input.
You young lads shouldn't be here for a couple of years yet but try not to get upset when you are bullied by the bigger more experienced players on other teams.
Well done for ignoring all the abuse from the new fans but they were expecting PL standard football like they watch on TV.

Nick

Administrator
I'd have had the soppy lot out taking it back to basics.

Right, you 2 take corners. You whip them in all day while the academy strikers attack them and the academy defenders defend them. Don't come in until you can put it on the penalty spot at pace every time, none of this lofting it in shit.

Down the other end I'd have Reid and somebody on the right, Vincenti or whoever he is going to play there whipping crosses in while running down the wing for McNulty / Biamou and JCH to attack them.

Throw ins, whenever we get a throw in every one of our players should be ready to go and get into their positions to receive the ball so I'd be working on that a lot in training too.

It's simple, we don't attack enough with intent.

Nick

Administrator
Sorry lads but you did your best.
I know this is a league above you older players ability level but you are all I can afford without proper owner input.
You young lads shouldn't be here for a couple of years yet but try not to get upset when you are bullied by the bigger more experienced players on other teams.
Well done for ignoring all the abuse from the new fans but they were expecting PL standard football like they watch on TV.

I think the players probably realise they are in League 2 and aren't playing against teams from leagues above every week. They also probably realise they are being beaten by teams with less resources than Robins so they would probably lose all faith in him if he tried to pull that line out.

Sky Blue Pete

I'd have had the soppy lot out taking it back to basics.

Right, you 2 take corners. You whip them in all day while the academy strikers attack them and the academy defenders defend them. Don't come in until you can put it on the penalty spot at pace every time, none of this lofting it in shit.

Down the other end I'd have Reid and somebody on the right, Vincenti or whoever he is going to play there whipping crosses in while running down the wing for McNulty / Biamou and JCH to attack them.

Throw ins, whenever we get a throw in every one of our players should be ready to go and get into their positions to receive the ball so I'd be working on that a lot in training too.

It's simple, we don't attack enough with intent.
Yep intent that’s a super word

bringbackrattles

Going off thread a little. Accringtons manager played most of his football in lower leagues, and obviously knows what to do at this level as their league position shows. So maybe that's the type of manager we need ?
So Robins can rant and rave,or talk calmly to the players, he may lack the nous needed to get this squad to perform well each game ? Saying that I like Robins and want him to do well, but it's just an opinion.

fernandopartridge

In fairness to Beavon, he's hardly been given a chance since what? October / November? He isn't the reason why we've lost a couple of games.

Accrington are the best side I've seen us play this season (and I went to both games) very well organised and clever.

We've got players like Bayliss and Shipley in their first years as pros, having played a number of consecutive games. They're going to have bad days every now and then.

rupert_bear

I like my spelling of discussion was a bit early in the morning
Another thing I’d have said. I know we had illness in the camp but why broadcast it before the match keep things like that secret, must have been music to Coleman’s ears.

Nick

Administrator
They did the simple things properly and played to their players strengths and exploited our weaknesses.

oucho

In fairness to Beavon, he's hardly been given a chance since what? October / November? He isn't the reason why we've lost a couple of games.

My point was that if we used his wage and squad place on an effective player, we'd be doing better. He's a passenger.

steve82

Going off thread a little. Accringtons manager played most of his football in lower leagues, and obviously knows what to do at this level as their league position shows. So maybe that's the type of manager we need ?
So Robins can rant and rave,or talk calmly to the players, he may lack the nous needed to get this squad to perform well each game ? Saying that I like Robins and want him to do well, but it's just an opinion.

I see where your coming from but for me it only works to a degree up to League 2, that approach then hits a ceiling at that point I believe.

The Crowley brothers are the latest example of managers coming up from non league roots and industrious approach with Lincoln.

John Coleman had Accrington well drilled and which caught the attentions of Rochdale. He got sacked a year later and ended up back at Accrington via Sligo Rovers.

I think Accringtons humble settings are a grounding for players and how close they are galvanises them as a team.

A settled managerial environment has also been key at Accrington.

chiefdave

Its things like that, free kicks and throw ins that drive me mad. You know they will be coming in a match so prepare. Remember they always used to say about Beckham that he'd stay after training and just practice taking free kicks, doubt any of our lot do.

Mucca Mad Boys

Yes, because he was at Solihull Moors, they wanted him, so he mutually terminated his contract. If it’s not terminated by mutual consent, you have to pay off the player’s whole contact. In the case of Beavon, that’s mean paying all his wages until 2019.

oucho

Yes, because he was at Solihull Moors, they wanted him, so he mutually terminated his contract. If it’s not terminated by mutual consent, you have to pay off the player’s whole contact. In the case of Beavon, that’s mean paying all his wages until 2019.
Please do tell me Beavon is not under contract until 2019

bringbackrattles

I see where your coming from but for me it only works to a degree up to League 2, that approach then hits a ceiling at that point I believe.

The Crowley brothers are the latest example of managers coming up from non league roots and industrious approach with Lincoln.

John Coleman had Accrington well drilled and which caught the attentions of Rochdale. He got sacked a year later and ended up back at Accrington via Sligo Rovers.

I think Accringtons humble settings are a grounding for players and how close they are galvanises them as a team.

A settled managerial environment has also been key at Accrington.
I think we're all just asking "why can't we perform well each game, and coast this poor division ? It's always one step forward with us then two steps back. We say it's because of this,or because of that, but never get to the root cause. Yes SISU have caused us so much shit that just the mention of their name brings me out in a rage, but as all football fans know only too well once the game gets underway players as professionals should know what to do irrespective of matters off the pitch, and at times our lot come up short.

steve82

I think we're all just asking "why can't we perform well each game, and coast this poor division ? It's always one step forward with us then two steps back. We say it's because of this,or because of that, but never get to the root cause. Yes SISU have caused us so much shit that just the mention of their name brings me out in a rage, but as all football fans know only too well once the game gets underway players as professionals should know what to do irrespective of matters off the pitch, and at times our lot come up short.

Yeah I appreciate what your saying. Frustrating to say the least. I wonder how much the expectation weighs on the squad this season.

Back to the non league manager progression there is a few that have further adapted there games and tactics to go beyond L2.

You've the old school approach of Neil Warnock then Martin O'Neil, Steve Evans of Mansfield are a few off the top of my head above L1

Paul Tisdale of Exeter, Michael Flynn of Newport had a lowly Welsh side learning curve prior to Newport. Port Vales Neil Aspin has been around non league for 10 years.

Otis

I like him and want him to do well too. I have always backed him. That doesn't free him of any criticism though and fans quite rightly have things to be critical of.

Bottom line is he needs to change things and mix it up.

oucho

I like him and want him to do well too. I have always backed him. That doesn't free him of any criticism though and fans quite rightly have things to be critical of.

Bottom line is he needs to change things and mix it up.
I just don't think we can realistically EXPECT to be getting promoted this season. It's obviously the goal and our key target but if we fall short but are competitive all season, that's fair enough.

rupert_bear

If a minnow club such as with respect Accrington Stanley look like promotion prospects we can if we use our squad properly it’s still there to be grabbed

Terry Gibson's perm

Accrington are the best side I've seen us play this season (and I went to both games) very well organised and clever.

We've got players like Bayliss and Shipley in their first years as pros, having played a number of consecutive games. They're going to have bad days every now and then.

He came on at morecombe and they may as well have brought me on his record doesn’t lie he is rubbish and getting worse, this is were robins could show his teeth and get rid of him it will show the younger players what happens when you aren’t good enough

Users who are viewing this thread