Match Thread Fulham Match Thread - Sat 2nd Oct (2 Viewers)

larry_david

Him and Kelly really showing why we’ve progressed beyond them. Kelly’s passing and Goddens pace just not at the right level.

Sheaf having a poor game on the ball, Dabo not quite right. Few changes we could make here, not sure what’s the right one. We can definitely get at this lot and score.
Goddens pace is terrifying

Paxman II

Neither side threatened much tbh. Apart from Mc.Fazdean's bizarre headed own goal, each side has pretty much nullified each other.
It's a tight competitive game, but if we are to get something from it, we must raise the tempo more. Jamie Allen may be useful to do that at some point. Sheaf get's through good work but its more containment than anything else. We must look to go forward.

Nick

Administrator
The issue when maatsen has gone forward is that there aren't many options.

Everybody is behind one of their players.

ccfc92

I think we've done okay, but as usual every little touch is falling for them. They get a toe on every forward pass we attempt.

GK time wasting as per. Ref is doing okay, but think he's here to see Fulham through.

shmmeee

They aren’t miles better than us let’s be honest. We’re giving them a lot of respect and have let ourselves down with our passing. Really missing Hamer in the middle.

shmmeee

Kelly has been excellent. Everyone else just ok. Maatsen’s crossing needs to be a lot better.

I think his crossing is much better TBH. Low and hard and winning corners. Problem is there’s no one in the box to aim for and that applies to the corners too!

We’d be better off trying to work it into the box when out wide unless we’re breaking. I don’t think we’ve scored once from a cross when the oppositions defence is set.

mark82

Which game are you at today?

I think we've played alright, considering the opposition. Final ball is letting us down a bit but we're in the game and feel like we could get something with a bit more in the final third. Missing Hamer and Waghorn in that respect. Also feel like we're missing Kane a bit.

Great_Expectations

Decent enough first half don’t deserve to be one down.

Still got a good chance of getting something. Would like to see a bit more up front. Gyokeres working hard and looking a threat as always, needs a better partner - hard game for Godden to come back to.

SkyblueTexan

Felt that we gave them too much respect in the first 20-25 mins and gave away a stupid own goal unnecessarily. Maybe still having after-effects from that 5-0 drubbing. Maatsen could/should have been on the line and could have prevented the goal from going in. Otherwise, we need to be braver and go at them a bit. C'mon they lost away at Blackpool and at home to Reading. So it's not like they're invincible. If we really put some pressure on them I think we can nick a draw.

procdoc

I don’t think we’ve played badly. Our final ball is terrible but we’ve played some nice patterns and apart from the all important goal have nullified them in attack. We need to stop giving away set pieces as Mitrovic is a beast

Tommo1993

We literally just need to tidy up, we’re approaching this like a cup game against a high and mighty club. So many bad decisions, rushing when unnecessary.

Grendel

We over elaborate clearing the ball far to much and have been caught out several times and one time it’s costing us

skybluegod

They aren’t miles better than us let’s be honest. We’re giving them a lot of respect and have let ourselves down with our passing. Really missing Hamer in the middle.

Agree. We can win this. Just need to stop giving so much respect. Get the ball in behind and they struggle.
Think Allen might be a good change at some point to get an extra runner beyond the front 3.
A bit sharper with the passing and we'll score I'm confident.

Grendel

Fuck me, why are people not getting it? You are offside in the oppositions half but if the player comes back in to their own half and touches the ball the free kick is taken from the point the player touched the ball.

Correct they changed the rule a few years ago

Users who are viewing this thread