Fruit pastilles going vegan (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Actually, Im all for this if they can try and remain almost identical in taste.

I'm actually for many things that use animal fats etc to go vegan friendly as long as they can keep the taste or improve on it... Whilst keeping the cost down.

The only thing that can never go vegan friendly is... Meat 🤷

Wed all be a little more healthy without animal fats etc being given us in various foods so I don't see a problem

FYI : I'm a meat eater

Last edited:

Evo1883

I mean I love meat, but the reality is that we can still enjoy meat, but it doesn't have to be in so many products... It will help the environment and also save a few animal lives... Alan Brazil was the one who got me making this thread because he's moaning about it, but the man looks like a walking heart attack... He desperately needs to change his lifestyle or he won't live another 10 years... A good diet and a year off the booze would change his life

wingy

It's a difficult one as we were told for years go poly unsaturated.
Now don't they say butter is ok, good?🤔

Evo1883

If I had the willpower to go vegan I probably would try it for a year to see what happened... Be interesting

shmmeee

Actually, Im all for this if they can try and remain almost identical in taste.

I'm actually for many things that use animal fats etc to go vegan friendly as long as they can keep the taste or improve on it... Whilst keeping the cost down.

The only thing that can never go vegan friendly is... Meat 🤷

Wed all be a little more healthy without animal fats etc being given us in various foods so I don't see a problem

FYI : I'm a meat eater

Lab grown meat is vegan surely?

Evo1883

Lab grown meat is vegan surely?

Just had a quick look and apparantly not all lab meat is free of animal products... 1 vegan site says its still meat, I don't fully understand tbh as its a lifestyle choice il probably never make

shmmeee

Just had a quick look and apparantly not all lab meat is free of animal products... 1 vegan site says its still meat, I don't fully understand tbh as its a lifestyle choice il probably never make

That’s what I’m wondering. If we can grow meat with no animal suffering and no environmental impact, what’s the problem? Other than it means you don’t get to swan around telling everyone you’re vegan.

Then again, oysters have no nervous system and therefore feel no pain but vegans don’t eat them I think.

block16

Great news missed these!
I think people miss the point on 'the vegans'. What you want to eat is a lot more fluid than that I eat fish sometimes but would tend to not eat it. By making it a clear thing of can/can't it puts people off even attempting to cut things out even if they would like to as it feels like too big a commitment to cut so many things in one go

Evo1883

That’s what I’m wondering. If we can grow meat with no animal suffering and no environmental impact, what’s the problem? Other than it means you don’t get to swan around telling everyone you’re vegan.

Then again, oysters have no nervous system and therefore feel no pain but vegans don’t eat them I think.

I'd be happy with that

Evo1883

Have they let you back by schools with your sweets now then?

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
I had to give up buying sweets for the kids when I actually had a child, it was too risky that I'd be recognised.

Otis

I had to give up buying sweets for the kids when I actually had a child, it was too risky that I'd be recognised.
It's tricky isn't it. I had to pretend to be a teacher for several years in order to hang around the school gates.

Nick

Administrator
It's tricky isn't it. I had to pretend to be a teacher for several years in order to hang around the school gates.

Bit too much effort for little gain, you really should be going in the school if you are pretending to be a teacher.

skybluetony176

I mean I love meat, but the reality is that we can still enjoy meat, but it doesn't have to be in so many products... It will help the environment and also save a few animal lives... Alan Brazil was the one who got me making this thread because he's moaning about it, but the man looks like a walking heart attack... He desperately needs to change his lifestyle or he won't live another 10 years... A good diet and a year off the booze would change his life
TBF it probably won’t do much at all if anything for the environment or to save animal’s lives. Gelatine is a byproduct of the meat industry. It’s going to happen if it’s in fruit pastels or not. The only thing that’s going to do anything for the environment or save animals lives is to eat less meat and dairy in the first place.

TomRad85

TBF it probably won’t do much at all if anything for the environment or to save animal’s lives. Gelatine is a byproduct of the meat industry. It’s going to happen if it’s in fruit pastels or not. The only thing that’s going to do anything for the environment or save animals lives is to eat less meat and dairy in the first place.
Convincing the majority to eat less meat will never happen. As Shmmee said, lab grown meat is the future and probably isn't all that far away.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

Lab grown meat should sway many a vegetarian.
Personally I don’t find it appealing at all and now I’m into the full swing of being a vegetarian I don’t miss it. Processed meat such as sausages and burgers was the only thing I really missed and even in the relatively short period of time I’ve been a veggie the quality of meat substitute sausages and burgers has come on leaps and bounds so I don’t even think I’d want lab grown meat in them either. I’m also having a love affair with veg, you can do a lot more with it than I ever thought before going veg.

Users who are viewing this thread