From the WBA forum (1 Viewer)

Gosb

'I love what Robins has done with that Cov team. No superstars, no egos - and they play good football to boot.'

'give Coventry a lot of credit. Best I have seen from a side against us at this level for a long time'

'supremely coached, well-drilled teams like Cov.'

GaryJones

And so say all of us!

Sky Blue Harry H

skybluepm2 said:
this was a personal favourite of mine 🤣

‘Hopefully a wake up call they ain’t as good as they think they are, very arrogant performance, strolled around & did naff all with the ball, stood off them all night whilst they went through us’
Yes - liked that, although on first read, I thought he was referring to us being not as good as they think they are. Then re-read it and realised they were on about their own team.

Sky Blue Harry H

When you see opposition fans making comments such as these it really does show that we're not all getting carried away. Robins has got our Team playing attractive football and helping us get the young kids to keep to City and not start to turn towards the bigger Prem team. Genuinely love the bloke!! PUSB!!
Yep - matchday experience everything for youngsters. Get them hooked whilst we are playing like we are, with the crowd buzzing, and they're a Sky Blue for life.

Hutch11

Rivalry is nothing to do with how many times we play, how far away they are , it's about how much we collectively dislike someone
Derby's are different as it's normal to dislike your closest neighbours

Bad Boy

I’ve got to admit, there’s plenty of fanbases in the League that seem to discredit us, think we’re a flash in the pan and what not

West Brom have been pretty gracious in defeat however
Thats because they're not football fans in the true sense of the word, they can't find it in them to give credit where credit is due.

clint van damme

I’ve got to admit, there’s plenty of fanbases in the League that seem to discredit us, think we’re a flash in the pan and what not

West Brom have been pretty gracious in defeat however

There's not, there are a few whoppers on message boards whose views don't represent the wider fanbase but some people go out of their way to find them and get worked up about them.

There are as many silly comments about other clubs on here as you'll find about us on other forums. Still nowhere near the embarrassment level of twitter right enough.

oakey

I've lived in the Black country for 34 years. Worked in Wolverhampton and Dudley all that time. Albion fans hate Villa for the same reason all other local teams' fans do. But Wolves are their level and with them is the long standing rivalry.

steve cooper

Rivalry is nothing to do with how many times we play, how far away they are , it's about how much we collectively dislike someone
Derby's are different as it's normal to dislike your closest neighbours
It's buried in our DNA. We evolved as small tribes of hunter-gatherers and outside tribes posed a threat, the closer the competing tribe, the greater the threat they posed.
Some examples of top sports people behaving the same.

oakey

As the crow flies, The Hawthorns is actually closer to Villa Park than St Andrew’s is

found that out the other day
This is true but Villa and Blues are Birmingham teams and WBA and Wolves are Black country.
This distinction may make little difference to outsiders but to many Black country folk it matters.
Of course you can find many people of 'mixed' heritage but if you lived in the BC you will see the BC derby is the real one.
Villa v Blues
WBA v Wolves

fernandopartridge

I've lived in the Black country for 34 years. Worked in Wolverhampton and Dudley all that time. Albion fans hate Villa for the same reason all other local teams' fans do. But Wolves are their level and with them is the long standing rivalry.
Isn't the reason for the rivalry with Villa simply that it is the closest ground to the Hawthorns?

Users who are viewing this thread