From sky sports reporter (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Graeme Bailey
‏@GraemeBailey
Huddersfield have met Mark Robins' compensation clause and he looks set to accept their approach and leave Coventry.

There is zero loyalty in Football from Managers, Players and especially Owners.

The only constant at any club is the fans, just accept everyone else is here for the short term till something better comes up.

AFCCOVENTRY

fooking bastard Robins is.

our club was finally turning a corner in pride again and he does this to us.

I HATE HIM

Otis

I feel worse than I did when we were relegated too.

At least we saw that one coming for some time. If this is true this is a real body blow when we really thought we were going places after so, so long in the doldrums.

rob9872

If Robins was standing in front of me right now, I would shout verbal abuse at him

I'm sure that would vindicate his decision

hill83

We will be fine even if he goes. We've got the players. Hopefully this will make them fight harder.

coop

yes truly and utterly feel sick i believed everything this man said never been so excited about a season and now its all fucked up

Covstu

I was really sickened when appleton jumped ship at Blackpool and thought there was no loyalty in football anymore if managers (nevermind players) can leave so early within their tenure then I was comforted by Robins's words that he is here to stay...How wrong we were... totally gutted.

AFCCOVENTRY

To me what Robins has done is worse than Strachan. At least Gordon didn't through the towel in... he gave us some loyalty.

The man has no class.

Leamington Pete

It's ok everyone, you can stop worrying! Robins won't leave, he said so a couple of weeks ago, look he said this...

Coventry City manager Mark Robins has fully committed his future to the Sky Blues following speculation linking him with the vacancy at Doncaster Rovers.

"Absolutely I can put that to bed," he told BBC Coventry & Warwickshire.

"Opportunities will come and opportunities will go, but I'm not going anywhere.

"I'm happy to work here for these supporters and come into work every day with this bunch of players and this board of directors," he said.
The 43-year-old was installed as the bookies' favourite, along with Oldham's Paul Dickov, after Dean Saunders left Doncaster last weekend to take over at Wolverhampton Wanderers.
However, following Thursday night's thrilling, last-gasp 3-2 injury-time Johnstone's Paint Trophy northern semi-final win over Preston North End, Robins said: "I've been here for only three months and I'm happy to stay here and try to keep everybody pulling in the right direction,

"There's still a lot of work to do, but I want to be a part of that and bring this football club out the other side of a difficult spell."

So everything's ok then.

aloisiwouldhavescored

I feel worse than I did when we were relegated too.

At least we saw that one coming for some time. If this is true this is a real body blow when we really thought we were going places after so, so long in the doldrums.

Totally agree. If this is true Robins is not the man I thought he was and am very disappointed.

For Gods sake, hurry up and tell us what's going on and put us out of our misery.

CCFCSteve

Totally agree. If this is true Robins is not the man I thought he was and am very disappointed.

For Gods sake, hurry up and tell us what's going on and put us out of our misery.

Agree 100% with this if it is true. I don't think anyone would deny hin an opportunity at a top championship or premier league club, but to say all that stuff and then to force a move to a team struggling at the bottom of the championship won't reflect well on him as a man.

Hope it's not true as he's the first manager in a long time to give us hope and pride again. If it is, then it will just about sum up my views on football and the people involved in it these days

Users who are viewing this thread