From our point of view...... (1 Viewer)

Elasticspy2

Pointless really innit,

Thankfully I got to read it before you edited the post..

Whilst no I don't agree with the fact that most of your fans were singing pro sisu songs, our supporters have to realise that WHILST they believe what they are doing is right - and fair play to them, they ruined the experience for UTD fans, who paid they admission fee and their travel fee, and just wanted to watch their team play. Not have to endure the protests and game stoppages.

To the Coventry fans (yes I am a Coventry fan...) full respect to what you did, you risked your football viewing privileges to make yourselves heard, and spoke out for what most of us are feeling. Don't get me wrong I fully understand why you did what you did and I support it... but wouldn't it have been more useful to do it at half time, and full time.. maybe refusing to leave the stadium? Not 85 minutes into a match, which would have an adverse affect on our players? The players that represent the club we all love?.

now, I am probably going to get backlash from cov fans... but sometimes you have to see it from the other people's side... (yes I have read their forum and whilst I don't agree with the whole "shit club, shit fans, shit owners they all deserve each other" attitude, I do understand their frustration....

dongonzalos

Thankfully I got to read it before you edited the post..

Whilst no I don't agree with the fact that most of your fans were singing pro sisu songs, our supporters have to realise that WHILST they believe what they are doing is right - and fair play to them, they ruined the experience for UTD fans, who paid they admission fee and their travel fee, and just wanted to watch their team play. Not have to endure the protests and game stoppages.

To the Coventry fans (yes I am a Coventry fan...) full respect to what you did, you risked your football viewing privileges to make yourselves heard, and spoke out for what most of us are feeling. Don't get me wrong I fully understand why you did what you did and I support it... but wouldn't it have been more useful to do it at half time, and full time.. maybe refusing to leave the stadium? Not 85 minutes into a match, which would have an adverse affect on our players? The players that represent the club we all love?.

now, I am probably going to get backlash from cov fans... but sometimes you have to see it from the other people's side... (yes I have read their forum and whilst I don't agree with the whole "shit club, shit fans, shit owners they all deserve each other" attitude, I do understand their frustration....

Get your point. However which gets the most attention
Doing it at half time or doing it during the game.
Unfortunately it really has got to that sad stage.
Charlton and their pigs was the same. It actually disrupted the game for longer.

Elasticspy2

Get your point. However which gets the most attention
Doing it at half time or doing it during the game.
Unfortunately it really has got to that sad stage.
Charlton and their pigs was the same. It actually disrupted the game for longer.

I fully get why they did it during the match itself. I seriously do. It stops play whilst cameras are on the pitch, not the studio.

If we are applying this logic... why didn't we do that when we played arsenal a few years ago? That was the FA cup if I remember correctly? So would have got more coverage (big team, big competition, big coverage because of said big team).

As I say, I fully get that it was for exposure.. but seeing it from the other foot (UTD fans) they would understandably be frustrated.. they just wanted the points.

dongonzalos

I fully get why they did it during the match itself. I seriously do. It stops play whilst cameras are on the pitch, not the studio.

If we are applying this logic... why didn't we do that when we played arsenal a few years ago? That was the FA cup if I remember correctly? So would have got more coverage (big team, big competition, big coverage because of said big team).

As I say, I fully get that it was for exposure.. but seeing it from the other foot (UTD fans) they would understandably be frustrated.. they just wanted the points.

Because that was a few years ago, it's taken a fee more years of getting the Micheal extracted, to push many fans to this sad stage. Arsenal next week and the same would happen on a larger scale.

Elasticspy2

Because that was a few years ago, it's taken a fee more years of getting the Micheal extracted, to push many fans to this sad stage. Arsenal next week and the same would happen on a larger scale.

Maybe something like that does need to happen again.. but at the same time - too much and it builds a bad reputation. Just a pitty we weren't in the draw for the 3rd round eh?

Users who are viewing this thread