From Bristol HMMMMM! (1 Viewer)

EAst ender

Alright fellas.
Today was an interesting day and, yes, I was at St Andrews. Fair play on your point.
A tough won if slightly gutting point for my boys but a point, if offered before, I would have taken.
I'm beginning to think we might both stay up, am I mad?
Barnsley are dropping like a stone and still have to come to BS3.
Can we both survive? I would like us to TBH and you lot are good lads, plus the obvious history.
Is it possible or where do we stand after today? :pimp:

oakey

Hi Bristolian. Yes you are right both can stay up, we'll see. However, it is all about momentum. In the last week everything was flowing your way but our old boy Marlon King has started the pendulum moving back our way. You lost a 2 goal lead, we equalised and played the last 15 with 10 men. Of course, on paper this seems to favour Bristol BUT deep down you must be gutted a 7 point cushion was reduced to 4.
As I see it if you are trailing West Ham and we are leading against Millwall the pendulum might just continue in our direction. I also reckon your game with Barnsley will be just as tough. This time next week it could be over. I suspect it will not.
May the outcome be decided by skill and hard work not dodgy refereeing decisions, please. :claping hands:

Alright fellas.
Today was an interesting day and, yes, I was at St Andrews. Fair play on your point.
A tough won if slightly gutting point for my boys but a point, if offered before, I would have taken.
I'm beginning to think we might both stay up, am I mad?
Barnsley are dropping like a stone and still have to come to BS3.
Can we both survive? I would like us to TBH and you lot are good lads, plus the obvious history.
Is it possible or where do we stand after today? :pimp:

No, you probably stayed up at our expense. Good job you are here to fire conversational truth nuggets; we had nothing other than being louder and sharper than our West Country counterparts.

EAst ender

OOOOKKKKKKK! We we're a bit gutted to draw after being 2 up but tell me you wouldn't take a point from Brum away if offered?
Where the '7' pionts come from I don't know, it was 4 this morning and it's 4 now.
If you are talking about catching us (which isn't what I asked) then IMHO you have to beat Millwall.
As for your pendulum, it's broke isn't it?

We beat Barnsley, you do your bit, we both stay up. Simples!

Last edited:

EAst ender

No, you probably stayed up at our expense. Good job you are here to fire conversational truth nuggets; we had nothing other than being louder and sharper than our West Country counterparts.

Thought we had done that alreadt DDWUMB, bored with that discussion TBH.
If you don't want a friendly opposition view, I'm out of here, happy to stay and congratulate / commiserate but up to you lot. Just say!

EAst ender

Took your post as a tad sarcastic DDWUMB. If I was incorrect, I apologise and didn't understand your post.

EAst ender

As above.

(I would have left it as that, but I needed more letters. Here you go, you set of c*nts).

OKKKKKK!
I have to say the majority of Sky blues are good as gold and intelligent, I wish them well. You, sir are the exception and an utter pondlife, an excuse for human distruction without the intellect to discuss something without resorting to pondlife language.
Fans like you deserve League 1 due to your intense stupidity and ignorance, the rest of the sky blues support should be, and I am sure they are very, very ashamed of you!
I'm sure the rapist King at St Andrews enjoys your company!

Best of luck to the rest of you, I'm out of here due to the 'fuckwit pondlife' not being able to hold a proper conversation.

Good luck to you.

U REDS

theshitcoyr

ok DDWYMB think someones alittle upset no need for that the EAst ender literally said what is going on on planet earth and no matter what happens it looks like he still will, GROW UP we all know this league and how it is, there are three games left dont be such a four year old and lets see what happens after he (and i) were wishing you cov lot good will to stay up how about football in(jon)stead (who scored your only goal at the gate) of moaning good luck the rest of you sky blues your a great bunch

The Reverend Skyblue

I think eastender was being very geniune, so i don't understand DDWYMB getting upset.
So i apologise to the two guests for i feel he might have misunderstood tou both.If he did'nt i can't see why he insulted you, but thanks for your thoughts and i hope we both stay up and met again next year in the championship.

The Rev

Otis

He does seem a good sort this Bristol fan.

Not every away fan is our enemy you know.

Astute

OOOOKKKKKKK! We we're a bit gutted to draw after being 2 up but tell me you wouldn't take a point from Brum away if offered?
Where the '7' pionts come from I don't know, it was 4 this morning and it's 4 now.
If you are talking about catching us (which isn't what I asked) then IMHO you have to beat Millwall.
As for your pendulum, it's broke isn't it?

We beat Barnsley, you do your bit, we both stay up. Simples!

If we play as well as we did yesterday in the last few games we have a decent chance of staying up. Very good performance. We played like the home team and full of confidence. If we had played like Burnley I would have been very happy with a point.

skyblu3sk

Yeah a really odd response someone comes on wishing us luck and hoping another team goes down and you act like a prick... It's not his fault our team couldn't win...

Covstu

Wow, not need for the abuse!!!

sadly i think one of us are for the drop and i dont think it is bristol! Chatting to two Brizzle lads yesterday in brum, one looked like he has just had a good kick in! They said they totally threw it away but was happy with the result.

mrtrench

This kind of thing really annoys me: blanket rules which I am sure were imposed for good intentions but end up causing much more annoyance than they avoid. Have been trying to get a mortgage and was unable to do so because each bank had a different random rule which excluded my particular circumstances - despite the fact that I could afford the payments (less than 2 times earnings multiple) and there was plenty of collateral in it for them (75% loan to value). Grrrr.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
This kind of thing really annoys me: blanket rules which I am sure were imposed for good intentions but end up causing much more annoyance than they avoid. Have been trying to get a mortgage and was unable to do so because each bank had a different random rule which excluded my particular circumstances - despite the fact that I could afford the payments (less than 2 times earnings multiple) and there was plenty of collateral in it for them (75% loan to value). Grrrr.

Confused at this post! :thinking about: What has mortgages got to do with Bristol and City staying up?

If we play as well as we did yesterday in the last few games we have a decent chance of staying up. Very good performance. We played like the home team and full of confidence. If we had played like Burnley I would have been very happy with a point.

Therefore it was 2 points dropped...and a relatively straightforward last game for Bristol City.....:thinking about:

Astute

Therefore it was 2 points dropped...and a relatively straightforward last game for Bristol City.....:thinking about:

2 points dropped? most on here expected a loss and it swings around to 2 points dropped :thinking about:

2 points dropped? most on here expected a loss and it swings around to 2 points dropped :thinking about:

Most on here expected us to lose to Burnley, Astute? You sure?

If so, where were the 7/8 points needed to stay up going to come from.....oh, yes, I forgot, we have struggling Southampton away on the last day.....:facepalm:

We can't have it both ways....saying we should have beaten Burnley....and in 3 games, with nothing to play for, they will be tough/tougher opposition for Bristol than we faced....or will be facing on the last day.

Bristol's point yesterday was a blow....most CCFC fans surely expected to wake up this morning to see the gap at 3 points....and hopefully us out of the bottom 4 by Tuesday night...beat Doncaster and then having to match Bristol and/or Barnsley's results on the last day.

I, for one, see 1 point as the best we can hope for at St Marys....especially if they need a point to go up (which this weekend's results have made a more likely scenario than it was on Friday afternoon).

Users who are viewing this thread