Froch v Groves at the Ricoh? (1 Viewer)

lordsummerisle

Apparently the rematch on the 31st May will be held at a "Major English football ground to be announced soon".

Be crimnally bad management for ACL not to have that one.

RoboCCFC90

Apparently the rematch on the 31st May will be held at a "Major English football ground to be announced soon".

If they do manage to get that event it would represent a big step for ACL. Would the Ricoh be considered a Major English Football Ground though?

Skyblueweeman

Good shout. It's those type of events that it should be holding anyway.

I suspect as Froch is calling the shots and he's Forest fan, it might be the City Ground. He's said it's a dream of his to box there.

WM

covey1987

Either old Trafford or Emirates according to BBC. Heard that Sisu offered to hold it a sixfields though!!

lordsummerisle

Might clash with some summer gigs though i suppose.

Have they announced anybody for this summer yet?

Not sure who's doing the circuit apart from Robbie fucking Williams again.

LastGarrison

I'd love it to be the Ricoh but no chance in my eyes.

City Ground would seem the most obvious and would certainly swing the support more Froch's way as I think the rematch would be a majority Groves crowd.

Would be another belter!!

jesus-wept

My guess would be London although Groves is a cockney the Emirates would be ideal and London is the place the top boxing events happen as a rule.

Moff

Groves wants more from the pie takings so is going to Old Trafford or the Emirates ;)

Skyblueweeman

Ultimatelty, Groves won't have much say in it. Froch (somehow) is still the champ so he'll be calling the shots. The Prem Grounds can hold more than the City Ground but I suspect that as Froch is entering the twilight phase of his career, he'd want to bow out at the City Ground.

So expect it to be Old Trafford now!

WM

Moff

Ultimatelty, Groves won't have much say in it. Froch (somehow) is still the champ so he'll be calling the shots. The Prem Grounds can hold more than the City Ground but I suspect that as Froch is entering the twilight phase of his career, he'd want to bow out at the City Ground.

So expect it to be Old Trafford now!

WM

My mistake...I meant Froch...almost like a Telegraph reporter in my inaccuracy:D

The Gentleman

Just seen Froch, Groves and Hearn on SSN and looking at the amount interest in the fight from the British public, they are looking at Wembley, Old Trafford, Emirates so the Ricoh wouldn't match those.

Warwickhunt

They have no chance of getting this one! To many Arena's vying for it

Grendel

RoboCCFC90

Might clash with some summer gigs though i suppose.

Have they announced anybody for this summer yet?

Not sure who's doing the circuit apart from Robbie fucking Williams again.

I am sure Psychic Sally Summer's Tour is still likely to be a feature!

torchomatic

Sse's already put on her website how great the gig was too. "Thanks to everyone who will attend the gig at the Ricoh in May 2014. We had a great time."

Oh well I'm sure Sally will do another gig instead.

Hobo

Either old Trafford or Emirates according to BBC. Heard that Sisu offered to hold it a sixfields though!!

Clashed with mud wrestling at Sixfields.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I suspect Lord was being a tad sarcastic starting this thread...

Anyway, I think they should start doing reunion boxing matches. Tyson/Bruno anyone?

'Go on, get in there Frank'

bringbackrattles

Anyway, I think they should start doing reunion boxing matches. Tyson/Bruno anyone?

Great idea. Eubank v Benn. Hagler v Hearns. Tyson v Holyfield. Get his revenge and bite Mike's ear !

lordsummerisle

To be fair they should be pushing for this sort of thing.

Seem to miss out on a lot of big events, or they come here a couple of times then don;t come back.

Didn't get the RWC, and been a long time since any Heineken Cup.

England U21's not been here for a long time, and would be perfect you'd have thought to pretty much make themselves a "home" for those games.

A couple of gigs a year, and paying the LTA to hold a tennis tournamant at the Ricoh not really good enough whichever way you look at it.

CCFC88

The forest ground would be too small plus I think the pitch has a camber which has prevented froch from fighting there in the past.

Eddie Hearns ego dictates that he would want to break the british record spectators at a fight set by Hatton 55,000.

OT or the Emirates, as the first one was in manchester I think the Emirates will get it.

The Gentleman

Hadn't considered England U21s tbh.

Also the likes of India, Nigeria etc who play 'home' internationals in this country now and again, they should really be coming.

Or it could be that maybe ACL were waiting for the return of CCFC, with that looking even more less likely, how do we know that we won't see more of these events in the future. It is my understanding that these sort of fixtures are fixed long before the dates they are played on and as such, maybe ACL thought that Sisu may have seen sense and returned. Now that they haven't, could the recent announcements of certain people using the pitch at the Ricoh be the signs of things to come. The games we have seen may only be the acorns that grow from there.

lordsummerisle

Or it could be that maybe ACL were waiting for the return of CCFC, with that looking even more less likely, how do we know that we won't see more of these events in the future. It is my understanding that these sort of fixtures are fixed long before the dates they are played on and as such, maybe ACL thought that Sisu may have seen sense and returned. Now that they haven't, could the recent announcements of certain people using the pitch at the Ricoh be the signs of things to come. The games we have seen may only be the acorns that grow from there.

Other grounds manage to host U21 games, they even have football teams playing there too.

Why frigging hell hoping ricoh gets gigs for??? Its these acl bastards and ccc that have helped drive us out our own city if we not going back ricoh id happily see it burn to the ground with all acl,ccc,sisu staff inside

The Gentleman

They wouldn't affect the one-off events.

No and you are right, but maybe ACL were putting all of their eggs in one basket so to speak with regard to CCFC and the Ricoh. Maybe this whole fiasco has woke them up and made them change their business plan to a certain extent. Either way we do not know what the future holds for the Ricoh, I for one would love to see CCFC back there as soon as possible, but would also like to see it used to it's full potential because of the economic impact it may have on our City and it boosting the City's profile.

AJB1983

Why frigging hell hoping ricoh gets gigs for??? Its these acl bastards and ccc that have helped drive us out our own city if we not going back ricoh id happily see it burn to the ground with all acl,ccc,sisu staff inside

Nice.....:-/
Tell me, when did acl and CCC ever say 'we don't want the football club here'?

NorthernWisdom

No and you are right, but maybe ACL were putting all of their eggs in one basket so to speak with regard to CCFC and the Ricoh. Maybe this whole fiasco has woke them up and made them change their business plan to a certain extent. Either way we do not know what the future holds for the Ricoh, I for one would love to see CCFC back there as soon as possible, but would also like to see it used to it's full potential because of the economic impact it may have on our City and it boosting the City's profile.

On the plus side, they've got this:

http://insomniagamingfestival.com/

Users who are viewing this thread