Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingokings204

Jul 8, 2013
Right, really hopeful today.

To play tomorrow players must be signed by 12pm today and CT reporting 2 new faces are currently at Ryton this morning.

2 new centre backs would be great with 1 being the Finnish CB.

The squad could look a lot better after today.

Kingokings204

Jul 8, 2013
Any of you got clues on who the second player could be?

No one seems to know other than its another CB.

I think get these 2 CB in today and all we really need is a star striker to get us 20 goals a year and we really look a lot better.

Reactions: mrtrench

Woodster

Sep 19, 2012
I'd like to see a Stephens or Cargill back on loan as the second centre-half, they both impressed me.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Dec 15, 2015
if we get them i wonder if those that were crying 2 weeks ago about lack of sales will admit they were wrong and should have listened to the sensible posters like meeeeeeeeeee

Your patience and optimism is admired, for sure.

I don't think it is about being 'wrong' though. I think it's more expressing concern that the squad wasn't/isn't ready earlier.

I said all along if I felt we had a serious squad I would get a season ticket, and I probably will now if we go and sign three players today, but it only gives me a matter of hours to get it sorted. I know it was my own decision, but I probably wasn't the only one who felt like this either.

AFCCOVENTRY

Aug 1, 2011
And remember: we ARE expecting signings.

So, don’t go anywhere. Unless you need the toilet, of course.

AFCCOVENTRY

Aug 1, 2011
So, who's incoming?
City are in advanced talks to sign Finnish international centre-back Juhani Ojala on a free transfer.

GettyImages-154016497.jpg

Finland's Tim Sparv and Juhani Ojala
The 27-year-old has Europa League pedigree - and you can find out more about him by clicking here.

At 6 ft 3 in, Ojala is a big, strapping lad and will surely shore up a Sky Blues defence which is in some desperate need of more experience - and more bodies.

Imissandywhing

Feb 1, 2016
Not sure about if there is any truth in this but ive heard the name Sullay Kaikai being floated around. Would be a welcomed addition but not from reliable sources.

no_loyalty

Feb 24, 2015
Wouldn't mind seeing Ryan Inniss here on loan

stevefloyd

Jan 16, 2013
Sullay Kaikai shouldn't think so ..he scores goals mind but I think we have enough kids atm

covcity4life

Apr 16, 2010
Your patience and optimism is admired, for sure.

I don't think it is about being 'wrong' though. I think it's more expressing concern that the squad wasn't/isn't ready earlier.

I said all along if I felt we had a serious squad I would get a season ticket, and I probably will now if we go and sign three players today, but it only gives me a matter of hours to get it sorted. I know it was my own decision, but I probably wasn't the only one who felt like this either.

i think we will fight for promotion i really do. but trust in TM to make your decision. you need to see see signings today if window open till end of month

but then i am an optimist

SkyBlueCRJ

Aug 3, 2014
Sullay Kaikai shouldn't think so ..he scores goals mind but I think we have enough kids atm

29 appearances, 12 goals. I don't care if he's got 3 fingers and 1 leg. He's a winger that scores goals, this is exactly what we need

Imissandywhing

Feb 1, 2016
29 appearances, 12 goals. I don't care if he's got 3 fingers and 1 leg. He's a winger that scores goals, this is exactly what we need
Like I said, just a name ive heard being floated around, no reliability in it but would be a welcomed addition, looks to have a bright future. hopefully it turns out to be true!

SkyBlueCRJ

Aug 3, 2014
Like I said, just a name ive heard being floated around, no reliability in it but would be a welcomed addition, looks to have a bright future. hopefully it turns out to be true!

Exactly no more truth in it than Gabby pulling on a sky blue shirt but certainly should be a player TM should be looking at!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Dec 15, 2015
I'd be disappointed if McBean is one of the announcements when it's already been widely reported. Might be right though

That's standard.

Announce that we have big signing news, then reveal it was someone that's been training with us for two weeks.

I want Ronaldo!

tom88

Dec 5, 2011
No signings today!

"some in the pipeline and hopefully they will be over the line soon" - Tony Mowbray

jackdg

Apr 12, 2011
Prepare for meltdown... Mowbray confirmed no new signings for tomorrows game!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread