Friday night's team (3 Viewers)

higgs

Would you start the same 11 as last night?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

I would keep Burge then pad the rest of the team with Gary Breens. McNumpty paperwork merits a place on the bench (in case we get a pen!)

steve82

As I put on another thread I’d consider a front three of McNulty, Biamou and JCH tho that means dropping Shipley and a possibly tweak in formation and not leaving much to come off the bench only Ponticelli.

Not overly convinced we should change too much in the formation again tho at this stage tho would a 433 be that bad a idea?

Be interesting to play on the front foot if the quick, tricky Forte has done his hamstring and occupy the Notts county full backs restricting them to lumping long for Davies to mop up.

Interesting thought tho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

Same team but the first half rather than the second half one. If jch starts, which would be no bad thing, can we have the one that came on last night and not the falling over one

runner

Is Willis injured ? ... He was on the bench and Hyam took his place ... but as he was on the bench ... surprised me he didn't start ?

runner

He has been ill.

Definitely fit now
Thanks Otis, well I'd have him back in again for next Friday then as an exchange for Hyam ... not that he played badly yesterday to be fair ... key with yesterday was the stats 61% possession and only 1 shot on target ... that's got to improve Friday, so maybes 3 up front .. JCH, McNulty and Ponti ?

Legia Sky Blue

For no other reason than I have a gut feeling this is gonna end in penalties, I would start the same team & leave potential penalty takers like JCH & Ponti to come on to help win the shoot out.

Modcons86

Agreed, and I like Biamou but think JCH will be a bigger pain in the ass for their defence. Throw biamou in after 60-70 mins
Totally agree.
I thought that would be the case last night to be honest. Biamou always looks hungrier when coming off the bench

Hobo

I would start with the same side.

Mucca Mad Boys

I’d consider starting JCH myself, thought he looked a threat carrying the ball and when he wanted to stay upright, he did.

That’s the only change I’d make. I think playing 4-3-3 messes with our shape too much. It’ll most likely put McNulty on the wing, which limits our best player. IF we were to do it, I’d have McNulty in a central position with JCH and Biamou wider, direct balls against their full backs might work. However, I still think it messes with the shape too much. Also, JP is not a wide player, so he’s just getting shoehorned on the wing in the vague hope a chance will fall to him...

wingy

I’d consider starting JCH myself, thought he looked a threat carrying the ball and when he wanted to stay upright, he did.

That’s the only change I’d make. I think playing 4-3-3 messes with our shape too much. It’ll most likely put McNulty on the wing, which limits our best player. IF we were to do it, I’d have McNulty in a central position with JCH and Biamou wider, direct balls against their full backs might work. However, I still think it messes with the shape too much. Also, JP is not a wide player, so he’s just getting shoehorned on the wing in the vague hope a chance will fall to him...
Could have had a couple in the short time he was on .

NortonSkyBlue

If we are going to get beat at Notts County I would like it to be by "dying on our shield" I don't wont us to be defensive, timid, shot shy.
I want edge of our seat football, on the front foot, peppering their goal with shots and putting them to the sword.
And I believe that is the way to beat Notts County at their ground. Give them a war of attrition and they are pigs in shit.

Legia Sky Blue

And then Ponticelli misses the decisive kick and his career nose dives

Ponticelli might not be the best footballer we have, but is far and away the best finisher in the club. I don't think he would be phased in the slightest at taking a penalty, or the possibility & repercussions of missing one. Take a look at his penalty in the shoot out at Walsall earlier this season, we would be mad not to use him if it does come down to penalties because of some misguided fear about the effect on his future career.

Otis

Ponticelli might not be the best footballer we have, but is far and away the best finisher in the club. I don't think he would be phased in the slightest at taking a penalty, or the possibility & repercussions of missing one. Take a look at his penalty in the shoot out at Walsall earlier this season, we would be mad not to use him if it does come down to penalties because of some misguided fear about the effect on his future career.
I would put money on Ponticelli not missing his penalty if it came to it.

Last edited:

steve cooper

I'd just make some minor adjustments I think.

LOB

DiKE Willis McDonald Haynes

JMD Bayliss Doyle Reid

Beavon Ponticelli

Bench of:

Vincenti
DeKE
Maycock
Barrett
Thompson
And Addai
Couldn't we play Andreu & Jones instead of Doyle & Bayliss? They're not fit but it wouldn't matter in that team

Users who are viewing this thread