Free Season Tickets for Under 12s (1 Viewer)

Hobo

I thought you were going to say to watch the U12's

Nick

Administrator
They should all be sub £200 IMO if they are to try and attract people. Where is this premium zone they speak of? I didn't know you had to pay to go on the hill ;)

I have no idea, I know they have the "padded" seats by where Fisher sits unless it is then?

SkyBlueSid

The prices are dirt cheap, that's for sure. But that really isn't the issue. Even at £9 a game they are getting around 1300 home supporters. So how cheap would they have to be to attract a half decent crowd? £5....£3....£1....?

I think we all know that even if season tickets were £1 a game attendances would not be much higher, as the 10000 who aren't going to Northampton are not doing so on any sort of money issue. Those 1300 will go regardless as they are happy to accept what is happening with CCFC. With this in mind, the club should revert to Ricoh prices of more than £20 a game. It is probably the best way of maximising income, as attendances would probably not be affected.

torchomatic

Yep got a letter this morning.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
They really should do more about getting people there, coaches, deals for OAP's and disabled etc.

SkyBlueSid

They really should do more about getting people there, coaches, deals for OAP's and disabled etc.

This spectacularly misses the point. Most people could get there if they wanted to. But they don't.

Offer people deals at £10 a game for a ticket and a coach trip from central Coventry and it would make little difference. It ain't about the money!

Nick

Administrator
This spectacularly misses the point. Most people could get there if they wanted to. But they don't.

Offer people deals at £10 a game for a ticket and a coach trip from central Coventry and it would make little difference. It ain't about the money!

I didn't say it would sell the place out, just the fact I don't think they have even tried.

There are people who would go who physically can't though.

James Smith

On the one hand this is good news in that it shows that they haven't forgotten about our young supporters and are trying to lure them away from defecting and supporting someone else as we stay exiled at Sixfields. On the other (as was mentioned above) it does seem to be saying we'll be playing in Northampton for another season.

J

Jack Griffin

If a club was in crisis then the announcement of next seasons season ticket prices might possibly pass unremarked by the disinterested fan base.. unlike in previous seasons when it was a hot topic of conversation..

Oh wait a minute :facepalm:

Kingokings204

Wasn't something like this mentioned by Fisher before we made the move to Sixfields?

He doesn't care. He doesn't care if 10 turn up or 10,000 we are all mugs to him. The only ones who are less mugs are those going and paying sisu.

SkyBlueSid

I didn't say it would sell the place out, just the fact I don't think they have even tried.

There are people who would go who physically can't though.

There may be a very small number who cannot get there. But that was also the case at the Ricoh where access was difficult for many people. It's not the issue any more.

My point is that the crowds will not increase whatever they do for as long as we remain at Northampton. I think they do believe they've tried to sell it to the fans, mainly by pricing it at £9 a game. They simply didn't believe there would be so little take-up at such a low price. Which shows just how badly they seem to judge everything. Sisu are boxed into a corner now on prices as they can neither raise or lower them to any effect.

On the one hand this is good news in that it shows that they haven't forgotten about our young supporters and are trying to lure them away from defecting and supporting someone else as we stay exiled at Sixfields. On the other (as was mentioned above) it does seem to be saying we'll be playing in Northampton for another season.

Making it so cheap for kids will make little difference. It's not the kids who are paying so the issue for kids is having something worth supporting. Even with kids for free, or a quid, we have lost the next generation of young supporters, which is a disaster in the long term. But when did they ever consider the fans regarding anything?

cornoccfc

They'll be some Northampton JSB's if the Cobblers do slide into the conference.

letsallsingtogether

Yes but then you piss them off even more when you offer freebies to people like me?

Frankly, I'm surprised they haven't gone the other way and whacked prices up. If gates are going to be low regardless, it'd be more sensible to at least get some cash off the people who do go.

Interesting how they still appear to be offering season tickets in the east stand (the one none of your fans go in) when our chairman has advised us is going to be knocked down and rebuilt in the summer. No mention of the corporate boxes that are apparently going to be built either.

lewys33

Frankly, I'm surprised they haven't gone the other way and whacked prices up. If gates are going to be low regardless, it'd be more sensible to at least get some cash off the people who do go.

Yh I agree, but if they are trying to look the good guys in this and "cover costs" like they said, season tickets would be low, and travel would be free. They cant do any more than that apart from move back! Obviously most people wouldnt go even if it was free, but IMO they just dont put the effort in.

Users who are viewing this thread