Free Radio report a Statutory Demand issued to CCFC (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

This isn't fair. We're paying triple fo what the top Championship clubs are. Why didn't we just stay at Highfield Road until we had the money to build a stadium and actually own it? ACL are knobheads. They're overcharging us, not giving us any revenue form matchdays and they're holding us to ransom over that shitty stadium. Everyone else gets at least 50% of revenue from match days. Why not us?

Get back to work Tim.

dongonzalos

It's not all one-sided. Regardless of whether SISU took on the already-agreed £1.2M a year payments, it is obvious to everyone and their cat that a club like us, in our position with our fan base CANNOT afford to pay such a rent. If we were full to the rafters every week then fair enough, but we're not and we're not likely to be - unless we can get a draw at WHL. The club SHOULD be able to renegotiate and ACL should AGREE to that. SISUs mistake was to withhold their payments while negotiations took place, stupid.

Interesting though that we will still end up paying ACL £250K a year on a match-by-match basis still more than all L1 and most Championship clubs. So CCFC are still paying something.

Personally I am, as always, on the side of the Football Club.

Sisu took on the contract. Correct.
SISU now do not want to honour their obligations. Correct.
We are now in league 1, so the rent is now relatively expensive. Who takes the main blame for our league 1 status. SISU.
We have ver low crowds making the rent expensive. Who takes the majority blame for that - SISU.

Despite all the above ACL partly owned by a charity and partly owned by your and mine council tax money.
Were running a successful business. SISU's bad business decisions have created the problem. Yet a charity and the council in good faith enter negotiations.
SISU get bullying withholding the rent. Ruining a profitable business affecting people's lives and jobs.
Pretty much saying you ate the council and a charity you won't have the balls to be the bad guy and close the football club.
This was a negotiation ACL offered 50% off. A very good offer considering they were blackmailed into it.

SISU response do as we say or nothing. We are the victims you are the bad guys. Typical of their whole approach since they appeared at the club.

No contact since June.

Well in these circumstances, it is s strange feeling but I am glad ACL are standing up to them enough is enough.

Someone needs to finally make a stand.

What SISU have done us wrong and there has to come a time where you are brave enough to say it doesn't matter as it helps my football club

They are ripping off a charity and the average tax payer when the council is skint.

torchomatic

Since the rent was set times have changed, as have the fortunes of the football club, due in no small part to SISUs lack of football business acumen, true enough. However, if ACL want a sustainable business for themselves and not a white elephant then it is in their best interests to sort an affordable rent out. If we don't and the club survives then it means smaller squads, poorer players and probably more relegation pain. The fans won't be happy about that YET want the club to be taken to the cleaners by ACL - regardless of who is to "blame".

On a side issue, not my council tax, I live in Warwickshire.

Sisu took on the contract. Correct.
SISU now do not want to honour their obligations. Correct.
We are now in league 1, so the rent is now relatively expensive. Who takes the main blame for our league 1 status. SISU.
We have ver low crowds making the rent expensive. Who takes the majority blame for that - SISU.

Despite all the above ACL partly owned by a charity and partly owned by your and mine council tax money.
Were running a successful business. SISU's bad business decisions have created the problem. Yet a charity and the council in good faith enter negotiations.
SISU get bullying withholding the rent. Ruining a profitable business affecting people's lives and jobs.
Pretty much saying you ate the council and a charity you won't have the balls to be the bad guy and close the football club.
This was a negotiation ACL offered 50% off. A very good offer considering they were blackmailed into it.

SISU response do as we say or nothing. We are the victims you are the bad guys. Typical of their whole approach since they appeared at the club.

No contact since June.

Well in these circumstances, it is s strange feeling but I am glad ACL are standing up to them enough is enough.

Someone needs to finally make a stand.

What SISU have done us wrong and there has to come a time where you are brave enough to say it doesn't matter as it helps my football club

They are ripping off a charity and the average tax payer when the council is skint.

skyblueman

Tell you what Tim, while you're feeling so hard done by being ripped off and all by people you made agreements with for services, why don't you also have a look at some of the hugely bloated fat contracts some of those useless non-playing parasitic so-called players are on - at least we are getting something for our money from ACL

Stop paying them and see how you get on there - you're over £3Million a year in losses - the rent is not the bloody issue

Black6Osprey

I've mentioned it on another thread but compare it to Ipswich Town 100% council owned ground. Rent dispute from 2004 - 2012 (resolved this year) with no rent being paid.

Council wanted to increase from £15k to £110k per year (yes per year).

During the 8 years of non payment did the council kick them out? No, because unlike our council, acl and sisu they don't just care about the money but wanted to support the club. They realised the importance of the club to the area. Something which seems to be missing from all involved in this and even some of our own supporters

kg82

useless non-playing parasitic so-called players

1 loss in 9, unbeaten in 5. Bit harsh to call them parasitic, they're playing football which is their job. On too much money, of course, but we want to compete and I'm afraid that is the only way.

skyblueman

1 loss in 9, unbeaten in 5. Bit harsh to call them parasitic, they're playing football which is their job. On too much money, of course, but we want to compete and I'm afraid that is the only way.

KG I'm referring to those still on excessively high wages and not contributing on the field - the ones we would like to off-load but nobody will have them on anything like the wages they get here - it's a huge self-inflicted club problem

kg82

KG I'm referring to those still on excessively high wages and not contributing on the field - the ones we would like to off-load but nobody will have them on anything like the wages they get here - it's a huge self-inflicted club problem

In that case I agree! Unfortunately, it's a problem at all football clubs. Was it Winston Bogarde at Chelsea who didn't play for about 5 years?!

skyblueman

In that case I agree! Unfortunately, it's a problem at all football clubs. Was it Winston Bogarde at Chelsea who didn't play for about 5 years?!

..... and that my friend is the real problem here and that is a problem all of SISU's own making - they hire & fire the all the CCFC management and they have screwed up in spectacular fashion

.. they want to make something out of CCFC - well they are going to have to fund their mistakes - that includes duff players & managers and also their other big mistake the one we have playing out right now - NOT renegotiating the stadium deal when they took it all over - they have the perfect chance to do so then easily but obviously didn't have the brains back then to do the obvious - business gurus? not a chance.. you've been found out

cloughie

those who go to work and give their services will no doubt expect to be paid their wages at the end of the month. should those wages be witheld because your employer is a bit short a the moment and please can you carry on for the next 10 months working for 15% of your wage, I'm sure those who think ACL are wrong to issue this warning would be the first to do the same if it was their pocket that was being hit.

You might just think your employer was taking the piss

Waldorf

..... and that my friend is the real problem here and that is a problem all of SISU's own making - they hire & fire the all the CCFC management and they have screwed up in spectacular fashion

.. they want to make something out of CCFC - well they are going to have to fund their mistakes - that includes duff players & managers and also their other big mistake the one we have playing out right now - NOT renegotiating the stadium deal when they took it all over - they have the perfect chance to do so then easily but obviously didn't have the brains back then to do the obvious - business gurus? not a chance.. you've been found out

I seem to remember they were going to BUY the stadium, not renegotiate the rent. What happened to that? They've left it until now, when they've lost millions, to try and get the Ricoh at a knock-down price. That's what this is all about, not getting a reasonable rent. They were offered a good deal on the rent at the weekend, and turned it down - AGAIN.

dongonzalos

I've mentioned it on another thread but compare it to Ipswich Town 100% council owned ground. Rent dispute from 2004 - 2012 (resolved this year) with no rent being paid.

Council wanted to increase from £15k to £110k per year (yes per year).

During the 8 years of non payment did the council kick them out? No, because unlike our council, acl and sisu they don't just care about the money but wanted to support the club. They realised the importance of the club to the area. Something which seems to be missing from all involved in this and even some of our own supporters

so did Ipswich not pay the origional agreed amount whilst the dispute was on

Grendel

I seem to remember they were going to BUY the stadium, not renegotiate the rent. What happened to that? They've left it until now, when they've lost millions, to try and get the Ricoh at a knock-down price. That's what this is all about, not getting a reasonable rent. They were offered a good deal on the rent at the weekend, and turned it down - AGAIN.

I am sure you will get your wish and get the club closed down. That will make you happy.

GaryPendrysEyes

Grendel thanks for your marvelous contribution to the debate:sleep:

Agree with most on here; Sisu have been in charge of the business and have been incompetent at pretty much every level- wasted money on executive, management turnover/payoffs; large, poor, unbalanced and overpaid squad; massive reduction in revenue from gates and commercials- then this ACL fiasco which they are contractually bound by.
As well as being useless they are underhand and manipulative.
Sisu have been at the helm for 5 years and this is where they have brought us to... a financial shambles and laughing stock.

Grendel

Grendel thanks for your marvelous contribution to the debate:sleep:

Agree with most on here; Sisu have been in charge of the business and have been incompetent at pretty much every level- wasted money on executive, management turnover/payoffs; large, poor, unbalanced and overpaid squad; massive reduction in revenue from gates and commercials- then this ACL fiasco which they are contractually bound by.
As well as being useless they are underhand and manipulative.
Sisu have been at the helm for 5 years and this is where they have brought us to... a financial shambles and laughing stock.

So before SISU took over what were we -- financially secure and a respected football club?

What point are you actually making here - are you another one who wants the club destroyed?

georgehudson

take the letters of the alphabet numerically,
+13, -11, +4, -5, +4, 0, +6, = tfisher,
grendel you have been uncovered,
apart from that merry jape,
we are in the depths of despair, this, unfortunately brought about by our esteemed owners,
we need only truth and not spin,
what we can, or cannot afford, is only relevant to cashflow allowed by our owners,
TF, SW, sisu et al,
just make this club successful & not an embarrasement,
sisu wealth as at 2006 $388m what is their wealth now ? (?$160m),
it all augurs badly for OUR club,
that is as opposed to the sisu view of 'the business model'
here's a message to 'hands on joy'
why don'y you make yourself a heroine rather than a pariah,
and if your initial investment was flawed,
ADMIT IT,
HAVE GOOD GRACE, AND GO !!!!!!!!!!!

SuperCov

Thing is that CCFC are renting the Stadium is a facility an are paying on the basis of the quality of that facility. The Ricoh is a premiership standard stadium and at 32,500 capacity far outstrips league one grounds in terms of size and quality. That is why we pay more.

Valid point, I hadn't thought about that. We also don't own it so I assume that adds to its expense.

Fishers and SISUs argument is massively flawed in this way.

Would we expect to pay a smaller electricity bill just because we're in league one? No. And it is exactly the same with the ground.

I don't agree for one minute what SISU are doing. I do think the rent is far too expensive, but like I said above is that to us not owning it too? I just think that the better league you're in the more people will want to come see better players(for example Chelsea a few seasons back and this seasons trips to North London).

That's why I still think that there should be some sort of scale/percentage of rent per division. Not sure on what to base this. One of a clubs main incomes is through gate receipts, if you play at a lower standard the attendances drop. Only if you have a successful team (possibly) or a hardcore following is where you wouldn't see this happen. Whether or not it's viable is another matter.

SISU should have accepted the very generous 50% rent reduction offered or should have found another smaller ground.

Agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread