Free kicks and corners (1 Viewer)

Skybluebeliever

At the start of the season one of our main threats was Hamer free kicks/ corners with Leo on the end

Hamer has stopped taking them for some reason and James has been taking the majority and we do not seem to have been such a threat

pastythegreat

At the start of the season one of our main threats was Hamer free kicks/ corners with Leo on the end

Hamer has stopped taking them for some reason and James has been taking the majority and we do not seem to have been such a threat
?!?! Did Hamer not take every corner and pretty much most attacking free kicks yesterday?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

jordan210

Well our only tactic is go back post to Leo.

So they are not difficult to defend as we do it over and over again

Mcbean

Sam is struggling - Hamer has stopped winging it in head height - why ? They have been floating it in - such a waste

shmmeee

We’ve coached Hamers corners out of him. Looks like James too. Both used to whip in dangerous balls and now do that stupid floaty corner to the back stick for Østigård.

lordy_87

Yeah it's a shame about Hamers set prices. At the start of the season he was whipping dangerous corners onto the penalty spot (see McFadzean's goal vs QPR). He's obviously been told to try and find Ostigard at back back post every time which isn't working.

ccfc92

Yeah it's a shame about Hamers set prices. At the start of the season he was whipping dangerous corners onto the penalty spot (see McFadzean's goal vs QPR). He's obviously been told to try and find Ostigard at back back post every time which isn't working.

I've never understood why players would listen to managers/coaches in this kind of situation.

lordy_87

@ccfc92 We looked incredibly dangerous from set peices at the start of the season, McFadzean's goal Vs QPR was coming you could see it, we'd already caused carnage with a chain of set peices and it was inevitable we'd eventually score.

ccfc1234

We’ve coached Hamers corners out of him. Looks like James too. Both used to whip in dangerous balls and now do that stupid floaty corner to the back stick for Østigård.
This 100% look at the winner Mcfaz scored vs QPR on the end of an aggressive corner delivery with whip curling towards the pen spot. Now its all floaty with no pace on the ball. Where is the variety? Our set piece record is appalling.

Anyone remember the Brentford one where they chipped it over was pure imagination, can't we do something like this once in a while!?!

Nick

Administrator
Pretty sure every team knows what will happen from every corner and free kick, far post to Osti. (if it beats the first man)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Even someone on the near post for a flick on would freshen it up abit

Mayne even have James putting the corners in for Hamer or OHare to collect any loose ball the edge of the box for a shot

SBAndy

Quality of set pieces has been dropping almost vertically this year. Even throw ins look like such hard work - just get the ball back in play.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We’re not a threat because our only threat from corners has a 50p head

All our big defenders that go forward have 50p heads. It really is a joke.

Even if we find one of our players from a set piece, it usually balloons off target.

Whenever we get given a set piece which could be a threat, I get about as excited as I did after Ryan Kent skinned two players. Opponent goal kick coming next...

Major Tom

I would take a short corner every time to O’Hare then get him to leg it into the box, a better chance of a pen than scoring from a corner currently.

Johhny Blue

I would take a short corner every time to O’Hare then get him to leg it into the box, a better chance of a pen than scoring from a corner currently.
It is strange that being “the most fouled player” in the division he spends so little time in the box.
The one time he did find his way into the box it did create a penalty. In the game v Watford

cov donkey kick

Free kicks and corners picking osti out became a well known ploy so much so we don't play it to him now it's all free kick wise very mundane and offers no threat.

Users who are viewing this thread