Free agents, Take your pick ! (1 Viewer)

standupforcity

None...time we were thinking bigger! Towards the Championship and PL.

Winny the Bish

Best players in that list above are Scott Fraser and Marcus Maddison. Maddison a bit of a basket case and probably going to get at least ten grand a week.

Mr Panda

Not sure he's mentioned here but Kieran Sadlier from Doncaster would be someone I'd be looking at for more goals across the team. Out of contract this summer and probably holding out for a Championship move.

SeaSeeEffCee

Have a look through this. Conor Gallagher - Player profile 19/20

I’d be tempted to take Conor Gallagher on loan, DM (well that says he is I’ve read he plays the no 10 role as well) was at Charlton and Swansea on loan last/this season.
I'd be very surprised if we were able to get him. Performed so well at Charlton that Chelsea recalled him in January to send him to a team higher up. If they're looking to loan to the Champ again next season it'll be to one of the auto chasers.

shmmeee

I'd be very surprised if we were able to get him. Performed so well at Charlton that Chelsea recalled him in January to send him to a team higher up. If they're looking to loan to the Champ again next season it'll be to one of the auto chasers.

Are you saying we aren’t autos chasers? :(

(fair points I wasn’t aware of)

D

Deleted member 2477

Mar us maddison. Quality player lots of assists and goals just need his attitude sorting but a free transfer worth a punt

Halftime Orange

Next season there are going to be so many players floating around let go by clubs that simply cannot afford any excess baggage it is going to be a buyer's market. Robins will have more choice than he has ever had and will be able to attract a better calibre of player for less.

Magwitch

Correct: Robins said weeks ago before before this coronavirus took hold he was looking for players for next year, but much has changed since he said that and I’m betting he has a different list of names now as said this is a buyers now a market and also there are going to be a number of clubs, championship clubs skint and struggling and good players up for grabs, I’m quietly optimistic for next season.

SlowerThanPlatt

Correct: Robins said weeks ago before before this coronavirus took hold he was looking for players for next year, but much has changed since he said that and I’m betting he has a different list of names now as said this is a buyers now a market and also there are going to be a number of clubs, championship clubs skint and struggling and good players up for grabs, I’m quietly optimistic for next season.

But won’t these better players have bigger offers from already established Championship clubs who have been run sensibly like Millwall, Preston, Bristol City etc?

robbiekeane

The reason these players will be available is because clubs can’t afford to keep hold of them because of the massive loss in revenue from this covid situation. We are not immune to that and are also going over suffering financially so it’s not like we can just “snap them up” as people are suggesting?

ccfc_Tom

Chris gunter would be good. Great engine

Elliot Lee looked class as a number 10 vs us in league 1 at the ricoh

Last edited:

Winny the Bish

Jake Cooper is an excellent CB. Amari Bell could be a decent LWB. Wouldn’t mind Marcus Browne or Alex Mowatt either.

EDIT: Cooper has signed a new contract at Millwall.

Last edited:

AStonesThrow

The reason these players will be available is because clubs can’t afford to keep hold of them because of the massive loss in revenue from this covid situation. We are not immune to that and are also going over suffering financially so it’s not like we can just “snap them up” as people are suggesting?
The only positive for us is that we’re so used to operating under finance-stressed situations and tighter budgets compared to these other championship sides who aren’t used to struggling. This, and our recruitment team has worked very well through the last few seasons on the whole. I think we’ll do well

Halftime Orange

The only positive for us is that we’re so used to operating under finance-stressed situations and tighter budgets compared to these other championship sides who aren’t used to struggling. This, and our recruitment team has worked very well through the last few seasons on the whole. I think we’ll do well
Yes, we have just as much chance as most championship clubs, there will be a few that have more attraction and a bigger wallet but I see the whole covid thing as a leveler and as you said we are adept at running on a budget.
I also think Robins has earned a lot of respect in the footballing world for what he has achieved with us so the attraction of playing for a good manager is there too.

Sky Blue Harry H

October deadline will leave a lot of clubs dithering and I think it will be a weird pre-season. Not sure if anybody else feels the same, but i keep having to remind myself that the current games are the 'old' season and not the start of a new season!

jordan210

I believe the date that clubs can sign out of contract players has changed.Think the date moved too yesterday.

until the championship finishes I wonder if we will wait and see what happens with wages and prices.

hamil99

Facebook User
What about a punt on Andy King. He's being released by Leicester, wouldn't have to move, and hopefully being towards the end of his career he'd take a pat cut.

Frostie

What about a punt on Andy King. He's being released by Leicester, wouldn't have to move, and hopefully being towards the end of his career he'd take a pat cut.

Think he'll sign for Huddersfield permanently where he's been on loan.
13 league starts in 2 & a half years too, hell of an expensive gamble.

Callum Camps released by Rochdale due to them cutting costs is an interesting one. 24 now & not really kicked on as much as expected but definite ability if the right club can get it out of him.

Users who are viewing this thread