Free agent James Beattie (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Contract annulled at Rangers making him a free agent to sign for anyone.
Could he be worth a shout?

cornoccfc

Highly unlikely, think AT will have lower league targets in mind

SkyBlue

Someone like Leicester or Cardiff will come in and get him, don't see us having a chance really

Sky_Blue_Daz

Rubbish couldnt score in the prem or SPL No good for us

Kuklinski

Can somebody enlighten me as to when Beattie last performed consistently at any level? He's a joke of a player still conning a living based on a good season or so about 10 years ago.

Anyone who wants to sign Beattie is a fool and must have graduated from the Big Ron school of managment.

cov_russell

Facebook User
I know he was on £40k per week with Sheff Utd. I don't think he would drop to whatever we are offering players in the space of 2 years.

Rocks

He scored 34 in 62 at Sheff unt not too long ago. Thats pretty much one in two.

BA Hons at Big Ron uni- "always let them eat at your table"

Disorganised1

I think he would still score goals at this level - but too old, he'd get kicked to bits, and it hurts once your past 35.

Astute

For the ones that say he will want 30k a week get realistic. His top earning days are over. If he is looking at our level or lower he would have no chance. There may be a chance of 5 to 10k a week but no more. Players of his age are either after a last payday or because they don't want to hang their boots up yet. Could be a good signing for someone. Not us though please.

Gaz

If we were going to pay big money for us on an old striker then would should have done it with Kevin Phillips and not JB.

I hope we leave this lad well alone tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread