Franchise - Relocation (1 Viewer)

Yorkshire SB

Curious as to people's reasons for believing the club will become a franchise and permanently move away from Coventry, mirroring the Wimbledon/MK Dons situations?

I for one can't see any reason why that would benefit anyone, including SISU, so why do people keep saying it?

simple_simon

Curious as to people's reasons for believing the club will become a franchise and permanently move away from Coventry, mirroring the Wimbledon/MK Dons situations?

I for one can't see any reason why that would benefit anyone, including SISU, so why do people keep saying it?

Nothing SISU. Does makes sense

James Smith

No I agree being a franchise doesn't do anything to get them the Ricoh so I think it's unlikely.

Tonylinc

Shitzu will never get their grubby little hands on any part of the Ricoh. They know that so; what do they do? They need an exit strategy. Fishfaace says "I know we will create a franchise club, all Coventry fans will follow and we might even pick up some fans from elsewhere". In that way they have something to sell.

Grappa

Shitzu will never get their grubby little hands on any part of the Ricoh. They know that so; what do they do? They need an exit strategy. Fishfaace says "I know we will create a franchise club, all Coventry fans will follow and we might even pick up some fans from elsewhere". In that way they have something to sell.

TonyWank. Lol.

Tonylinc

I really think that they have moved on from the Ricoh model. They are now searching for an exit using other means.

sky blue john

Sisu's only hope is still distressing to get their hands on the Ricoh. As long as we stay strong with NOPM it will definitely work and force them to sell !!!!

Tonylinc

Sisu's only hope is still distressing to get their hands on the Ricoh. As long as we stay strong with NOPM it will definitely work and force them to sell !!!!
Forget it mate; they have absolutely no chance of getting their hands on any part of the Ricoh. They would love to but it simply is not going to happen. I think that they now know this and are now looking for another way out.

stupot07

The FA and FL wont grant a permanent move, we will not be franchised, it's just scare mongering.

st john

I think you have missed the point. In order to bring us back Sisu either have to get hold of the Ricoh (unlikely) or build a new stadium (unlikely)

Yorkshire SB

I think you have missed the point. In order to bring us back Sisu either have to get hold of the Ricoh (unlikely) or build a new stadium (unlikely)

What point is that then? Just because those options seem unlikely doesn't mean a franchise becomes a viable option.

Yorkshire SB

Hmmm you're just completely making that up to support your argument against fisher.

letsallsingtogether

That is not what Taylor said in his interview Quote"I don't know if Coventry will ever return to Coventry" So unless you know something more It can happen they don't have thew balls to fight Sisu anyway gutless mob run by an insester mother.................................

The FA and FL wont grant a permanent move, we will not be franchised, it's just scare mongering.

edgy

That is not what Taylor said in his interview Quote"I don't know if Coventry will ever return to Coventry" So unless you know something more It can happen they don't have thew balls to fight Sisu anyway gutless mob run by an insester mother.................................

I not sure that was his quote. Can you link the interview please?

jesus-wept

Don't rule out a franchise :
A couple of weeks ago I was in a group of chaps at a function and the sisu subject cropped up, one of these chaps, intelligent, good talker and what he said was worrying. He seemed "in the know" to certain extent and what he said made sense. First thing he said was the Walsall rumour was a clever ruse from Fisher and never going to happen, it was always Northampton, the problem sisu had was the 30+ miles away from Coventry. They got over that by threatening to close the club down completely and left that threat to the last minute giving the Football League a real headache. So it got rubber stamped and off to Sixfields we went. What he said next is the most worrying aspect. They,
SISU/Fisher, really have their eyes on the vacant Nene Park at Rushden, 10 miles from Northampton, 45 from Cov. He climed they will time it perfectly to again give the FL/FA another headache he predicted that will happen this season.. They see Rushden as the perfect base, has a resident football fanbase, and a suitable vacant ground, why build one when you can buy one. They have the cost which we all know the million quid bond, that's it really.

He also said two other things, that there is someone high up in the FL or FA marking their card so to speak (allegedly) no surprise there and the Northampton chairman is very much a part of this plan (again allegedly) he said NTFC who are basically skint and living hand to mouth will be dumped by him ,he keeps feeding the NTFC fans titbits and promises but these are pie crust promises. Now all this could be speculation and total bollox but he was very convincing. If true how can it be stopped ?

I can't see how it can to be honest.

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I still think the Ricoh is plan A. It has the possibility of better income streams than any of the alternatives. However it must be apparent to everyone that SISU will have alternative strategies.

The Football League have repeatedly said that fulfilling the fixtures is their number 1 priority. Their second priority is ensuring the club survives (I believe Mr Clarke said liquidation of a member club is the very last thing they would consider) They have sanctioned groundshare, given the share to a company still in breach of their rules, admitted errors that were fundamental to the process, relied repeatedly on the discretion of the Board, etc. They are digging themselves a hole.

What happens if there is no possibility of coming back to the Ricoh, SISU cant actually own a site in the Coventry connurbation or if they do cant get planning consent. What if they SISU then turn round and say we have a site (even an existing site) but it is elsewhere we are moving there because that is the only way a club with the history of CCFC will survive, dear Mr Clarke you cant let the club be lost. Better still do it in the middle of a season when completion of the fixtures is paramount. What would the Football League reaction be ? Anyone confident that the Football League would reject it?

Say it was Nene Park as plan B - I would suspect as an empty stadium the purchase cost is well below the build cost. If it has development land attached a local football community to exploit, a reasonable capacity with room to expand, conference and entertainment facilities already there would that be of interest to SISU? Would owning that ground enhance the value of CCFC + ground together?

Now not saying the above scenario would happen, I still think the first target is the Ricoh but I do think that SISU would give themselves options for that not happening and that doesnt have to be building a new stadium.

Is a franchise possible? yes (no matter what the FL rules say - remember at discretion of the Board)....... is it likely ? no idea at the moment only time will tell. How long ago was Brody going on about Franchises and franchise players, was that just americanism's ? Are links with a lot of fans being broken ? Are the club engaging with the local community in Coventry ? Is there a big presence in Coventry? Is the academy assured anywhere in Coventry? How difficult is it to change the trading name of a comany rather than its actual name (Otium trading as CCFC as we now are instead of CCFC Ltd )? Just questions and I have not made my mind up on any as yet

Final thought by the time they did this there will be a hard core of fans proving that they will travel to Sixfields, whats an extra 10 miles to Nene Park for instance? the search area could be at least a circumference of 34 miles and I am sure the bond could be alleviated because it was everyone elses fault. Are the club proving something ? or is it just necessity

I would not rule anything out right now ...... however unlikely you might think it is...... keep an open mind

Plan A is still the Ricoh but ......

Last edited:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Did you hear Fisher on Shane O'Connor's programme last week? He stated that SISU's absolute stipulation was that they would not return to a district governed by Coventry City Council. Which means it'll be in Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Leicestershire, etc.

So, when you say 'permanent move'; what do you mean? If we 'returned' to Warwick, would that be a 'permanent move'?

James Smith

I still think the Ricoh is plan A. It has the possibility of better income streams than any of the alternatives. However it must be apparent to everyone that SISU will have alternative strategies.

The Football League have repeatedly said that fulfilling the fixtures is their number 1 priority. They second priority is ensuring the club survives (I believe Mr Clarke said liquidation of a member club is the very last thing they would consider) They have sanctioned groundshare, given the share to a company still in breach of their rules, admitted errors that were fundamental to the process, relied repeatedly on the discretion of the Board, etc. They are digging themselves a hole.

What happens if there is no possibility of coming back to the Ricoh, SISU cant actually own a site in the Coventry connurbation or if they do cant get planning consent. What if they SISU then turn round and say we have a site (even an existing site) but it is elsewhere we are moving there because that is the only way a club with the history of CCFC will survive, dear Mr Clarke you cant let the club be lost. Better still do it in the middle of a season when completion of the fixtures is paramount. What would the Football League reaction be ? Anyone confident that the Football League would reject it?

Say it was Nene Park as plan B - I would suspect as an empty stadium the purchase cost is well below the build cost. If it has development land attached a local football community to exploit, a reasonable capacity with room to expand, conference and entertainment facilities already there would that be of interest to SISU? Would owning that ground enhance the value of CCFC + ground together?

Now not saying the above scenario would happen, I still think the first target is the Ricoh but I do think that SISU would give themselves options for that not happening and that doesnt have to be building a new stadium.

Is a franchise possible? yes (no matter what the FL rules say - remember at discretion of the Board)....... is it likely ? no idea at the moment only time will tell. How long ago was Brody going on about Franchises and franchise players, was that just americanism's ? Are links with a lot of fans being broken ? Are the club engaging with the local community in Coventry ? Is there a big presence in Coventry? Is the academy assured anywhere in Coventry? How difficult is it to change the trading name of a comany rather than its actual name (Otium trading as CCFC as we now are instead of CCFC Ltd )? Just questions and I have not made my mind up on any as yet

Final thought by the time they did this there will be a hard core of fans proving that they will travel to Sixfields, whats an extra 10 miles to Nene Park for instance? the search area could be at least a circumference of 34 miles and I am sure the bond could be alleviated because it was everyone elses fault. Are the club proving something ? or is it just necessity

I would not rule anything out right now ...... however unlikely you might think it is...... keep an open mind

Plan A is still the Ricoh but ......

That's worrying but thanks for posting.

stupot07

Did you hear Fisher on Shane O'Connor's programme last week? He stated that SISU's absolute stipulation was that they would not return to a district governed by Coventry City Council. Which means it'll be in Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Leicestershire, etc.

So, when you say 'permanent move'; what do you mean? If we 'returned' to Warwick, would that be a 'permanent move'?

You know exactly what I meant.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

You know exactly what I meant.

No. I'm sorry, I don't. I'll ask the question again: if we 'returned' to Warwick, would you consider that a 'permanent move' 'home'?

And don't put it down to hypothesis or scaremongering, this is exactly the possible outcome from Fisher's own words

Grendel

No. I'm sorry, I don't. I'll ask the question again: if we 'returned' to Warwick, would you consider that a 'permanent move' 'home'?

And don't put it down to hypothesis or scaremongering, this is exactly the possible outcome from Fisher's own words

He also stated within 5 miles of the city centre. That's good enough for me.

SkyBlue_Bear83

In Rotherhams ground share they would be kicked out of the league if they didnt move back within a certain time frame, I imagine there is something similar within our ground share

Does anyone know the actual football league rules for the ground to be within the coventry area? How close does it have to be for the football league to sanction a return?

stupot07

If they moved 2-5 miles outside the city and within a Coventry postcode then the FL/FA would consider this 'in the Coventry area'. Yes it would be a permanent move but it wouldn't be a 're-franchising'.

You are being pedantic, you know that when people are talking about a permanent move they are talking about uprooting and moving permanently 30+ miles away and changing their name like Wimbledon-MK Dons.

Users who are viewing this thread