France vs England (1 Viewer)

wingy

What is it with the subs,they seem to be on the sidelines for 5mins w ith the ball out of play several times before getting on.

ajsccfc

Very good result I think, a comfortable point in the opener against the strongest team in the group.

Tad

I'd take the draw. Our D did well, our forwards just couldn't hit the net enough tonight. Decent result I think.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Decent performance and good result, the legs were absolutely gone at the end though.

With games coming every few days there is no way we would be able to play the same way throughout and hope to win the tournament. The physical toll of it will take affect with games every 3/4 days.

Tad

Decent performance and good result, the legs were absolutely gone at the end though.

With games coming every few days there is no way we would be able to play the same way throughout and hope to win the tournament. The physical toll of it will take affect with games every 3/4 days.

One advantage we have is we've got a young squad, meaning they'll recover quicker. Like what I'm seeing so far. They seem well instructed.

The interviewer talking to Hodgson is a prat. Already badgering him.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Have more faith. One advantage we have is we've got a young squad, meaning they'll recover quicker. Like what I'm see so far. They seem well instructed.

The interviewer talking to Hodgson is a prat. Already badgering him.
I just think if we do reach the latter stages we will be knackered by then.

Tad

I just think if we do reach the latter stages we will be knackered by then.

Maybe. Maybe not - we're not the only team that will suffer from that, Think England fans go into a tournament with the wrong mentality. We should just enjoy the sport and support the team. All this public slating by the press just makes it harder for them.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Maybe. Maybe not - we're not the only team that will suffer from that, Think England fans go into a tournament with the wrong mentality. We should just enjoy the sport and support the team. All this public slating by the press just makes it harder for them.
We are not the only team who will suffer from it but we don't help ourselves by chasing the ball for the majority of the games, will tire ourselves out quicker.

pusbccfc

We looked strong going forward, but we didn't use that advantage during the second half!

Diehard Si

A good result against a better team.

Plenty to learn from and improve on. Hopefully we can deliver against the next 2 and then have a bash against Spain or Italy. Can't see us winning that one, but we can learn a lot from it.

A team given 40 days with new manager can't really ask for much more.

CCFC Germany

Good result against a weak looking France who played beyond their possibilities.
France tried to play like Span 2010 and did it bad.
There were scenes when they played short passes five or six times on the left attacking side with the England defence lined up at half of the pitch - a simple long pass to the right which was wide open probably would have resulted in a goal for France.
I'm glad England got a point here as they probably would have been stuffed by a side that played better offensively.
Hart looking shaky in the first ten minutes in my eyes, but coming up with some great saves later on. The goal was not his fault as the view on the ball was blocked by two or three players.
Milner worst player on the pitch in my opinion.
But I'm not too optimistic about the next matches.

Covstu

Good result against a weak looking France who played beyond their possibilities.
France tried to play like Span 2010 and did it bad.
There were scenes when they played short passes five or six times on the left attacking side with the England defence lined up at half of the pitch - a simple long pass to the right which was wide open probably would have resulted in a goal for France.
I'm glad England got a point here as they probably would have been stuffed by a side that played better offensively.
Hart looking shaky in the first ten minutes in my eyes, but coming up with some great saves later on. The goal was not his fault as the view on the ball was blocked by two or three players.
Milner worst player on the pitch in my opinion.
But I'm not too optimistic about the next matches.

have to disagree, i thought france we okay and will certainly get better in hte later stages. Against a weaker defense they would have scored more which i think they will against Ukraine and Sweden.

We had a good game, we have to realise that we are playing a more defensive game and the tactic nearly worked yesterday. We looked tight at the back, midfield was okay but could have more options down the flanks. You put rooney in that team and we would be a good side.
Persoanlly i am hopeful we will go unnoticed and progress through the group stages.

LastGarrison

JT gets untold stick about being pedestrian but Mexes is absolutely woeful and a red card waiting to happen!!

If Rooney would have been playing along side Welbeck he would have torn him to shreds.

Happy with the point and I would have took it before the game. Onto the Sweden game.

Users who are viewing this thread