Fox gone to Celtic. The selling club never stops selling! (1 Viewer)

simmouk

Administrator
Can't believe he's gone. Well, I can completely believe it actually. I leave the postcode area for a few days and the club goes mad(er).

I got the news through via text and was godsmacked - I really foolishly did hope we would, as the club had said (I'm sure they did somewhere!) that we're going to hold on to our best players. But I could see it coming to be honest, the second we sold Dann I knew that the flood gates must have opened for enquiries for our other "star" players. And for £1.5 million I heard which is the most scandalous thing - surely he's worth more than that? Do Warsaw get any money from us for a sell on as well? Or is Slim right, and its one of those stupid "£1.5mill now, the rest when he climbs mount Snowdon in only a thong" kind of deals? That's the problem with football clubs being run as businesses rather than football clubs, the stupid little deals like that never work out but they get pushed through to please the bank manager in the short term.

I just dread to think who's next - will we still "hold on" to Westwood and Gunner? Who knows. And I have no idea who Sammy Clingon is either but I can bet I shall be able to find a fair few puns about the name lol.

And Slim's right, so close to the start of the season, when the team are supposed to be building up pre-season fitness and "gelling" together and working as a team - and one of the best team players get shifted - surely it will unsettle a few?

I always viewed Dann and Fox as 2 really good, wise and promising signings for the club (just as they were hailed when they arrived) but it seems they'll have to be wise purchases and promising talents for someone else.

Nick

Administrator
It is a shame he has gone and I can't see it being 1.5million unless it is 1.5 million now and shed loads of addons throughout the year or something which still isnt the best but it is better than a kick in the teeth.

Hopefully they will buy half the stadium so we get half of the revenue for things like Oasis Gigs and Take That as we would have made a fortune from things like that.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
I have pity for cc how can he prepare a squad when the club is selling its star players,i thought they said they would only sell at the right price which pisses me off as celtic have plenty of money im sure the could of got 2.5 maybe 3 million for fox if they had pushed it 1.5 is a joke.

im-confused

I have pity for cc how can he prepare a squad when the club is selling its star players,i thought they said they would only sell at the right price which pisses me off as celtic have plenty of money im sure the could of got 2.5 maybe 3 million for fox if they had pushed it 1.5 is a joke.

I agree 100%! I always thought that Fox was a better player than Dann any day, and we got £3.5mil for Dann!

I thought the "right price" for fox would have been around the £3-5mil mark!

This reminds me of the selling of Callum Davenport. It really does suck.. BRING BACK BIG MO!! He'd be better in defence than the donkeys we have now!

Peter Griffin

The worrying thing is we've also no lost McPake for the start of the season. It's a week away and unless CC has something up his sleeve we're going to seriously struggle.

I will admit to chuckling though having seen Celtic lose 1-0 last night with a certain Danny Fox warming the bench...

Nick

Administrator
Yeah I saw the score and giggled that he wasn't playing!

I also looked on the Celtic boards where they had a "what should the team be" thread and Fox was on the bench for most of them.

We do need to sort the defence out ASAP as even Grandison is injured :(

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
You think they would release the transfer budget and put us out of our misery,id say we could even help them pick players because at the moment they dont look like there going to be buying another palyer soon.god help us all.

Users who are viewing this thread