Fox biting off babies finger (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
How bad is that? Makes you wonder why a back door was open in the freezing cold but even so foxes don't usually venture in that far.

Hope the baby is ok.

I guess this means people will be calling for fox hunting to be brought back in.

Nick

Administrator
Nope all over the normal press. Fox snuck in and dragged baby from cot and by the time the mum got there and fought it away it bit the babies finger off.

Think it has been sewn back on now though and the baby is ok.

Marty

I see foxes most mornings on my way to work, they seem such timid creatures.

Stevearcade

It's bound to be a one off, but bring all sorts of idiots out of the woodwork calling for a cull or some other drastic and disproportionate measures as a result of this. I don't think we can blame foxes, after all they scavenge off our waste, hence they will always live where we live. It would be wrong to persecute them for that in my opinion.

As the first post suggests, why on earth is the back door open in the middle of winter anyway :confused:? I do hope the baby's ok though. Apparently the operation to repair the damage to its arm (including reattaching the finger) took an unusually long 4 hours. If it were a grown person it would have been a much simpler operation, but as a baby's arm is so small, it had all manner of complications. Poor lad.

Stevearcade

They need sorting out but an animal cant help what it does.

Exactly. Heard this being discussed on 5 live this morning. Chris Packham was having an argument with someone from the countryside alliance subversively looking to use this to bring back fox hunting. But he (Chris) was totally right in my view. He was saying you're 87 times more likely to get bitten by a human in the UK than you are a fox and every year (I forget how many but) a surprising amount of people are killed by dogs. Took the same stance as I was saying about foxes simply following the human food waste. Deal with the waste problems and the foxes will move on. Simples.

Countryside bloke was saying that with hounds, fox numbers are managed and maintained. But countryside foxes and urban foxes are different issues and it annoys me that people have such knee-jerk reactions to such things. And, let's not forget it's still only alleged and the police are investigating the legitimacy of the accusation. I'd like to know if the family have a pet dog... It all seems a bit odd to me.

Nick

Administrator
Yep does seem odd and I was thinking about a dog but thought it would have come out in the press by now.

Why was the baby lying down near the floor and why was the back door open in winter?

They are now posting pictures of the baby all over facebook!

Marty

I thought the family dog too, if there is one. Something doesn't seem right

Users who are viewing this thread